NJPW World

Sphinx

Taichi vs Liger was awesome, by the end I was totally yelling for Liger to brainbuster the cocky twat!

Who's excited for next weekend NJPW America shows? Does anyone think Cody will win the big one and who will be crowned the first NJPW America champion? I am hoping it's Omega but I worry there are already too many titles in NJPW as it is.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Also, count me in on the crowd that is amused that the CWC final everyone wanted is now going to happen in NJPW's heavyweight tournament.

*IS* going to happen? They haven't announced the blocks yet, unless you know something I don't.

9 hours ago, air_raid said:

*IS* going to happen? They haven't announced the blocks yet, unless you know something I don't.

Someone else a few posts earlier had said they announced Sabre vs Ibushi as a match that was definitely happening. Was going off that when I posted though I saw afterwards the blocks hadn't been formally announced yet.

Blocks have been announced, what's your predictions? I can't see past anything but a Omega/Naito Omega/Ibushi final

The full blocks for the 2017 G1 Climax are:

A Block --

• Hiroshi Tanahashi
  • Togi Makabe
  • Tomohiro Ishii
  • Hirooki Goto
  • YOSHI-HASHI
  • Bad Luck Fale
  • Yuji Nagata
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Kota Ibushi
  • Tetsuya Naito

B Block --

• Kazuchika Okada
  • Toru Yano
  • Satoshi Kojima
  • Michael Elgin
  • Juice Robinson
  • Tama Tonga
  • SANADA
  • EVIL
  • Minoru Suzuki
  • Kenny Omega
Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I think Kenny and Okada should've been in a seperate blocks. Keep that third match on hold for a while. Can see Naito winning the whole thing. Beating Kenny or Okada in the final. Maybe an outside chance of Elgin getting to the final

Edited by TheBurningRed

It's pretty much got to be Omega or Okada vs Ibushi in the final, right ? It would be interesting to see Okada beat or draw with Kenny to end up in the final against the guy that everybody thought was meant for Omega. Either way there should be some excellent matches this year.

Is this going to be a year where the Champ wins it, and due to losing to Omega in the group stage, Omega will get the title shot at Wrestlekingdom. In reality I would like Naito to win it. I also don't want Okada to headline next years Wrestlekingdom, I like the guy but he has headlined 4 of the last 5 Wrestlekingdoms and been in the title match of the last 5. I just want something a little fresh.

If Ibushi is just working as a freelancer then I don't see him in the final.

• Paid Members

If they don't go with one of the obvious main event options (Okada, Omega, Tana, Naito) what are the chances of an outside, surprise winner of this? Looking at a Sanada or Tama Tonga maybe? Someone they are high on, but needs the push to get to that next main event level. 

It's probabaly not going to happen, but something about the make up of those blocks just makes me think there's a surprise in the offing. 

• Paid Members

While Omega-Okada III seems early, there is a good twist in that it's guaranteed to be at most 30 minutes. Given the first two matches went 46 and 60 minutes, that should mean storyline suspense over whether they up their pace/go for the finish earlier.

Before Dominion I suspected Omega might win the title, an upset guy get G1 but then Okada win the briefcase so you got the rubber match at the Dome and showed that the briefcase matches matter. 

• Paid Members

Omega v Okada is nailed on to go time limit draw, just like Tana v Okada in 2013.

EDIT : Having said that, I assumed they wanted to save "Kenny finally beats the fucker" for a title match but if he beats him here, it means the next title match can be promoted as the "decider" ... for now, obvs.

Naito wins.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Drfunke said:

Can any of you fine fellows tell me are the shows from last n8ght and 2nite available on njpw on demand service and how much it is...is there a month free trial

Last nights show is on there. It was streaming live outside the US last night. And it's streaming live again tonight and will be on demand afterwards. I don't know if there's a free trial. But it's under £7 a month. 

I usually watch New Japan world on my iPad but last night I tried it on my Xbox One web browser and it worked really well. It's an easy watch on most devices 

I finally got around to watching the Omega vs Ishii US title match and Jesus it's good, not quite on the level of the Okada matches but certainly the best Omega/Ishii match to date and they've had some cracking bouts recently. 

If you haven't seen this match then I highly recommend it.

Also, Ishii is just great. He's by far my favourite non main-event guy in NJPW.