NJPW World

Sphinx

The tag league had some good stuff in it in the end. As with the Junior tag, the winners going into a 3 way at WK13 which seems to make the whole thing a bit pointless though. So fucking excited for Ibushi vs Ospreay, they got there in the end. Full WK card:

NEVER 6 man gauntlet #1 contendership

NEVER Title - Kota Ibushi vs Will Ospreay

Junior Tag Titles - El Desperado/Kanemaru vs SHO/YOH vs Takagi/BUSHI

RPW BHW Title - Tomohiro Ishii vs Zack Sabre Jr

Tag Titles - Tonga/Loa vs EVIL/SANADA vs Young Bucks

US Title - Cody vs Juice Robinson

Junior Title - KUSHIDA vs Taiji Ishimori

Kazuchika Okada vs Jay White

IC Title - Chris Jericho vs Tetsuya Naito

HW Title - Kenny Omega vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members

Really looking forward to the singles matches here other than that Naito having the I title dumped on him again might be great for drawing for a B show but ultimately stalls again on him getting another go on top. It's become farcical.

Could be a huge high water mark for Juice if he wins on this stage and fresh for the Jr division if Ishimori wins, both of which I expect to happen.

Agree. This card looks amazing. I'll 'work' from home on the 4th!

They have such a talented roster that there are so many names that should be on the card, but will probably end up on the pre-show.

I haven't really kept up with NJPW this year so i intend to spend the Christmas holidays catching up on the best of the year. Anybody got any links with best of match listings? Looking for big matches and also the surprising little gems.

Also, something which has always bugged me but i cant find the answer to (me and my mate spent time googling it yesterday). Why are some matches called, for example, 'match 1' when other 'game 1'...is their any actual reason or is it just a bit lost in translation?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

I haven't really kept up with NJPW this year so i intend to spend the Christmas holidays catching up on the best of the year. Anybody got any links with best of match listings? Looking for big matches and also the surprising little gems.

Your best bet would be MrLARIATO's NJPW spreadsheet; https://t.co/KAl07xb9gi

Everything in bright orange is highly recommended and it links you right to the match.

Oh, just a heads up, Okada vs Omega from Dominion won the Tokyo Sports MOTY, so New Japan have uploaded the entire match for free! 

Edited by Accident Prone

12 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Also, something which has always bugged me but i cant find the answer to (me and my mate spent time googling it yesterday). Why are some matches called, for example, 'match 1' when other 'game 1'...is their any actual reason or is it just a bit lost in translation?

I have these as the best matches of the year. All from G1:

Goto v Ishii (21/7)
Ibushi v Ishii (28/7)
Omega v Ishii (4/8)
Omega v Ibushi (7/8)
Tanahashi v Ibushi (12/8)

Buy in extra provisions and a sleeping bag, the Dominion match runs 64 minutes.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, KingofSports said:

Based on this year's announcements, you'll have to wait 6 months. Mid-June.

I know last year they announced the dates for the final three shows (and the fact it was at Budokan) during Wrestle Kingdom. Not sure if they had the full tour dates though. IIRC, it was part of an announcement for all the big show dates between January and August.

17 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Do you guys know when the G1 dates are offically announced. Hoping to book a G1 holiday this year.

Dates, and most venues are usually early April, the Finals dates should be in the Dome show important dates video package. I’m planning on G1 2020 which will be moved from it’s normal sweltering August, due to Olympics.