Secret Santa 2014

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

Usual script for this.

If you'd like to take part, simply read the guidelines then send the below details to presentsforstrangers@gmail.com 

Forum Name:
Name:
Full Postal Address:
Notes *:

* That's for anyone who wants their sender to mark the package with any specifics; 'please leave with the fit bird next door', 'stick it in the shed' etc., so they don't have to collect it from their local Post Office or fish it out of a wet bin.

The guidelines are as follows:

1. If you wish to participate then email your info across by the end of Sunday, 23rd November

2. Only provide your real name if that's the name you wish the gift to be addressed to. If you don't provide your real name, your forum name will be given to your sender. You might want to think about this if you're one the dad name collective.
3. The recommended spend is a tenner, but if you're feeling a bit flush then you may spend more if you wish
4. You don't have to buy a present, you can make it!
5. You'll be emailed the name/forum name of your recipient plus their full address by Tuesday, 25th November
6. It's up to you when you send the gift, but if you plan on sending it nearer to Christmas week, then please take into consideration the Royal Mail Christmas postage dates shown below:

Cutoffs_zps72690236.jpg

We've not had any overseas posters for a couple of years (at least none that didn't have an alternative UK address), but don't let that put you off if you're abroad. I'll try to either pair you up with someone in the same country or will provide details to the sender as early as possible.

7. If you don't want to incur the extra cost of having to send overseas, then please say so when you send your details over

Please, get proof of postage. Far too often I spent my time dicking about chasing people up who claim to have sent something but can't back it up. If you've signed up for this in the past and not delivered the goods, don't waste your time emailing me.

Please note, I just arrange this for the fun it brings. I'm not responsible for lost or damaged parcels so won't be refunding missing or damaged deliveries.

Ensure you don't post that you want to take part in here and do nothing afterwards. I won't be chasing people up if they do that. You only get entered if you provide your details via email (or PM me, if you prefer). 

Last thing; I usually reply to all emails to acknowledge receipt but I'm going away on Monday and am not back until the 18th. I'll reply to everyone then, so don't worry if you don't hear back from me right away.

• Paid Members

I'm in.

Because I'm hopefully going to be moving house soon, I've used a c/o address. Please please please don't address it to Mr N Nonce.

Could be worse

"Package collection for "A Nonce" at counter three. That's a package for collection by "A Nonce" at counter three."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Just catching up on this; only 12 entrants this year and I'll reply to everyone in the next day or two.

Unless we get an influx of others joining in, this one should be easy to box off and we won't be waiting on one or two people who drag it in to the new year.

Archived