The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

• Paid Members

Re: Chokeout - more comic spoilers (quotes aren't working for some reason)

I think we'll see them reach Alexandria over the next few episodes, and it'll end with Carl being shot in't face. Then build to Negan at the halfway point of next season. If done right, Negan won't come across as another Governor, you could see the bones of a good guy gone mad in the Governor, whereas Negan was just an out and out evil cunt

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. The Negan stuff wont really work unless they think they've found somewhere safe first. I'm all for Carl getting shot in the face though, that will be hilarious

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

*Slight comic book spoilers even though I haven't read the comics*

Everyone keeps going on about this Negan bloke and how they can't wait for him to show up. He seems fucking crap to me. They've already done the "evil psychopath who faces off against Rick* storyline. How's this bloke any better? If he's just an "evil cunt" I'd rather they don't bother. Sounds incredibly boring.Surely there's more possible storylines in a post-apocalyptic zombie world than "find new place, fight bad guys, find next new place, fight bad guys"

There is a comic book thread, but the conversation spun out of discussion about the TV show so that really wouldn't be the place for it either. End of the day, it was 5 posts and had reached a natural conclusion. I don't think there was really enough harm done to warrant Dose of the Shit's insistence that it was 'ruining the thread'

• 1 year later...

(Originally spoilertagged) I think we'll see them reach Alexandria over the next few episodes, and it'll end with Carl being shot in't face.

So I was a half season out on my prediction, but tbh the extra build up made this episode that much better. Loads of payoff, build for things to come and Carl getting shot in the face (straight out of the comic indeed). 

• Paid Members

I love the laziness of the writing in this show sometimes. "This story we've spent about 12 episodes on with the blonde love interest and her kids ain't working...what should we do to write ourselves out of this corner we've put ourselves in? Fuck it, let's just kill them all in 5 minutes. No one will remember them ever existing by the next episode."

Comic book readers, what does Carl getting shot actually add to the story or character apart from a cool eye patch out of interest? It would have made a hell of a cliffhanger if they didn't resolve it by the end of the episode.

This was a typical Walking Dead episode, high quality zombie thrills with some fucking terrible plotting and melodrama in between. I do love me some Abraham though. I'm glad at least SOMEONE is having fun in the show.

The whole episode was so intense, I really thought they were going to kill Glenn off again when the walkers had him backed up in a corner, you just never know what's going to happen.

Negan will probably be the season finale reveal, which will get everyone talking leading into the 7th season.

• Paid Members

Wow, this was a great episode. The explosion at the beginning frightened the shit out of me. I'd turned the TV up as I thought the speech was quiet then I jumped a mile.

I'm glad that family's all gone. They were annoying.

And I absolutely LOVE Abraham. I'm a big Michael Cudlitz fan anyway (he was in Band of Brothers) but I think that role is perfect for him.

Anyone going to Walker Stalker Con at the weekend? I'm practically giddy about meeting Cudlitz and Norman Reedus.

As if Carl wasn't annoying enough, he's now going to get to be a cowboy pirate, both of which are awesome things, and he's a little twat that doesn't deserve such an honour bestowed upon him.

Anyway, was a great episode, even if Carl didn't die from being shot in the face.

• Paid Members

This thread was bumped exactly a year to the day since anyone last posted in it! Time flies. To be honest, I thought that episode was a load of rubbish. Obviously there were cool bits, there always are, but I'm losing patience with the show now. I know a lot of people tapped out a while ago, but I've stuck with it and I'm starting to think I'd be better off watching something better. The writing's all over the place, suspension of disbelief is impossible, we get the deus ex machina treatment employed about five times an episode. It's guess it's still a lot of fun and my irritation largely comes from knowing how much better it ought to be.

• Paid Members

Thought it was mainly pants, although I applaud some of the suspense of people's deaths - I was pretty sure at first that the kid was just imagining deaths, and then he was going to snap out of it.

The shot with Daryl seemingly being a level 100 ninja, and the rocket launcher usage, made it seem like a totally different show from the one I've been watching for a half decade now - just silly scripting and over-the-top moments.

Archived