The Walking Dead Thread * US-Pace Spoilers*

FLips

The women thing added up to a point i've been discussing with people for a few weeks. Why don't they simply just fuck off to the other side of the country. I'm a bit pedantic with these things but I really can't get my head around the distance between Alexandria and Neagan's base. 

I understand it doesn't work like that on TV or there wouldnt be any plot's whatsoever and I understand that Alexandria is a nice place to live. But has noboddy actually gone " You know what lad's these guys are batshit fucking crazy let's start a motorcade down south or to the other coastline asap!" They don't even have anything decent in Alexandria anymore not even beds!

I guess it's the same loophole as why they don't find an island or go find some military bases and get Eugene to tinker with some bloody big ass bombs and missiles to wipe out the walkers or Neagan 

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The women thing added up to a point i've been discussing with people for a few weeks. Why don't they simply just fuck off to the other side of the country. I'm a bit pedantic with these things but I really can't get my head around the distance between Alexandria and Neagan's base. 

I understand it doesn't work like that on TV or there wouldnt be any plot's whatsoever and I understand that Alexandria is a nice place to live. But has noboddy actually gone " You know what lad's these guys are batshit fucking crazy let's start a motorcade down south or to the other coastline asap!" They don't even have anything decent in Alexandria anymore not even beds!

I guess it's the same loophole as why they don't find an island or go find some military bases and get Eugene to tinker with some bloody big ass bombs and missiles to wipe out the walkers or Neagan 

They've got Daryl hostage stopping them leaving I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stuck with it religiously from the first season and have never thought about giving up watching until now.

There is an insane amount of permanent characters now who we are supposed to care about (positively or negatively), but I have no investment in any of them except Carol, Darryl, & Negan.

I'm not sure if this is because things have detoriated a lot this year or that it is the first time I've really got into another TV drama since TWD started.

I couldn't wait for each new episode of Westworld these last few months, but it now feels like a chore sitting through The Walking Dead.

• Members

Quite enjoyed that last episode. It's been glaringly obviously that the fat girl was going to bite the dust for a while now but taking out Spencer like that was an inspired move. Negan is far and away the most interesting character this program has ever produced. I don't do the comics but he's perfectly cast and I look forward to seeing how his empire falls apart. I'm not even sure if I want to know his back story for fear or giving him too much context.

Carol is far too smart to ever think that she can read books by the fire and be left alone forever, either poor writing or she's up to something.

I'll be damned if they haven't done it again with 50/50 episodes and then ending with me completely buying in to wanting to know what happens next.

• Paid Members

It was a typical paint by numbers episode in my opinion. It was obvious that they were going the way of the other settlements teaming up against Negan so it just makes the boring episodes of 2-6 even more redundant.

Why were they even all standing out in the street at the end anyway? If there was a homocidal maniac playing pool in my neighbourhood, I'm hardly going to rush out to the street to watch him. Characterless Alexandrian #12 & #24 had it coming with that level of stupidity.

Part of me was hoping that once Rosita fired the gun and it cut to black that the credits would roll and then the Internet would be awash with crying fanboys again. Also popped huge for a split second thinking theyd had shot Carl, but alas it was not to be.

Quite glad that Spencer got it aswell, he was shit and the guy playing him was a shitarse aswell.

The first half of this series has been a real mixed bag. The first episode was a blinder, but everything came back down to earth a week later. The episodes outside of the main Rick v Negan story have been a bit of a slog to get through.

I think you could've taken episodes 2 to 6 and reedited them into 6 episodes zigzagging back and forth between locations and opinion of this season would be much higher. Yes, they were clearly going for the towns vs Negan, otherwise there's no reason to introduce them. But for the producers to decide it was a good idea to spend whole eps in on place just to say "right, this character's there. Remember that for the next three weeks, bye!" really stretched my patience. Apart from the Cell and Kingdom episodes, everything else was forgettable. I hear the extended episode push was from the studio to get more ad slots, but the bad structure call just compounded the boredom.

Solid start and solid mid finale, with 2 of 6 eps in between I'd say were good, so 50/50 for the season. Here's hoping now the players are in place that the pace picks up from here on.

Incidentally I might have to start watching with a cutout beard. Squeaky clean JDM freaks me out. He aged 25 years with one shave.

Wyattsheepmask do make any posts now that don't include talking about the internet fanboys or dem wans, like having two pitcos now.

I've enjoyed this season more than any in recent years, Negan is not only a great bad guy and well acted but he's been protected well too, I can see his downfall coming from his Saviors turning on him or leaving him (like Alonzo in Training Day) he's only as strong as he's protected for the most part, He'll definitely feel the wrath of Lucille as his end 

• 2 months later...

Well spotted. I did notice the cowboys on the trailer in that scene and thought it stood out, that's pretty cool though. I love shit like this. Wonder why they used it? A nod to somebody in the cast and crew being a fan Smokey & The Bandit and deliberately throwing it in or was it just lying around in a collection of prop veichles and they used it without knowing?

I'd just figured it was to reflect what was meant to happen in the scene with Daryl & Richard executing s holdup before they started scrapping.

I've never seen Smokey & The Bandit so if you hadn't posted both pics I'd have never known.

That Walker covered in blades that Rick had to fight was fucking badass.

Is Judith just going to reappear one day as some feral animal? She disappears for episodes/nearly full series at a time and no-one ever seems to be looking after her

Still rife with inexplicable behaviour and ponderous dialogue, but Ezekiel and Happy Rick have picked things up a little. I admit I'm hooked into the show, having watched from the start, so every so often there'll be a kick in the feels, in this case the Caryl reunion.

"...Why'd you go?"

I'm a Walking Dead fan. I don't shit on it, when others do. I always find some redeeming feature...

This weeks episode is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. Genuinely horrific. Not interested in the Shoreditch amateur dramatic society they've introduced; we don't need the King AND Morgan being tender hearts and that Uber Zombie looked like old Kerplunk.

Fucking rank.

Archived