Is Ched Evans a rapist? (Retrial offers No)

Loki

And one with the most traffic.

He is an unrepentant rapist who doesn't see what he did constitutes as rape, despite his very own testimony admitting he didn't seek consent. As expected, I've been following this since it broke and the attitudes are disgusting. His supporters only do so because of the badge he wore. That coupled with their views on women and consent is one of the reasons that football and society is rotten.

Aye, some of the remarks I've heard in relation to this case are terrifying. The fact so many people have such a poor understanding of what is rape is really grim.

Add to fact that his girlfriend and their little hate mob have helped garner sympathy with a creative version of the truth and it's not surprising I've heard things like "Rape laws can be too protective of the woman," or "If that's rape then a few ugly fat birds have raped me lol." Humans are shit.

• Moderators

Some of my friends are no longer friends over it anymore, namely as they're friends of his and refuse to accept anything but "She was a slag. In it for money. So on so forth". Throwing around her name and saying she's known around rthe Rhyl/Prestatyn area for being a whore.

Sad times.

Those last two posts have made me smile. Thanks, lads.

It's sickening what people can be excused for due to what team they play for. Saying that, there are so many rape apologists who aren't football fans. I also apologise for anyone who feels I'm tarring you with that brush, football is beautiful, people can be too, but it's a Venn diagram of cuntitude.

Edit, the in it for the money thing doesn't work with this case at all, given as how she didn't go to the press, and the only money she has received is damages after pricks named her.

Utter fucking scumbag, he's the reason I'm banned from Bramall Lane aswell haha, but that aside, to see the lack of remorse, is horrifying. Even more so, seeing so many idiots defending him. End of the day, rape is rape wherever it takes place, whether it's a guy in a dark alley attacking, or a footballer thinking his status entitles him to whoever he wants. It's still rape and the bastard needs castrating. If SUFC give him a contract then they need to really take a look at themselves. I see what people mean about SUFC fans defending because of the badge. Look at Liverpool fans whenever Suarez fucked up, they downplayed it, passed it as *insert Richard Keys meme* banter. 

I agree wholly with Keith, football is full of cunts these days. Ruins the beautiful game.

There's no reason to think that what Evans did was rape. His guilty verdict is, yet again, an example of the judicial system being massively favourable to women in this country. You can't say he didn't do it but the guilty verdict is farcical.

There's no reason to think that what Evans did was rape.

Apart from the witness testimony, the evidence and the very definition of rape.

The evidence of...what? Two men saying they had consensual sex and one woman saying that she couldn't remember what happened? Yeah, that's concrete evidence.

No, the evidence Evans submitted where he said to McDonald "Can I have a go", that isn't seeking consent, therefore it was rape. She wasn't in a state to consent, as evidenced by CCTV, therefore, by law, it was rape. McDonald got away with it due to implied consent. You are a rape apologist and a cunt.

Archived