Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I know a lot of people in this thread have said that they fall into the same category as Owen but they don't. He said he hates films. I don't think anyone here falls into that same massively stupid boat. Thankfully.

• Moderators

My Dad taught me as even as a kid to treat lads who don't like Football or Rugby with suspicion, which was probably wrong on his part, but its difficult to fight it sometimes! 

Haha, is this just a North Wales thing, or is it the modus operandi of fathers everywhere?

• Paid Members

a boy i work with loves to bust out the 'why would i read the book when i can watch the film?' line all the time, and he always says it with a big shit eating grin on his face, with his rotting teeth on display like he's one upped everyone who's ever read a book, what an annoying fuck he is.

My Dad taught me as even as a kid to treat lads who don't like Football or Rugby with suspicion, which was probably wrong on his part, but its difficult to fight it sometimes!

Haha, is this just a North Wales thing, or is it the modus operandi of fathers everywhere?

It was definitely prevalent amongst my friends and I when we were in school.

In fact the school held the football trials the same time as the drama auditions and from that day on the drama lot were known as the gays and would seek solace around the side of the drama theatre whilst the rest of us played footy. What a bunch of cunts we were.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Dislike of the following things meant you were gay at school:-

Football

Chips

Your Mother Wouldn't Like It

If you disliked all three then this meant your whole family was gay.

Owen was in an advert a few years back, can't remember what for now, though I'm sure it involved being at an airport/baggage reclaim. He had a one liner at the end and I'm 99% sure it was overdubbed by John Sachs. An appropriately boring anecdote about such a boring man.

I've never listened to an audiobook before. Does the person reading them put on accents for the different characters? I just imagine them being the same as me reading the UK Regional accent version of "The Gruffalo" to my daughter.

Going on a tangent from the OP's question, I'd just like to say I carry a dislike for Owen for being, IMO, the biggest case of wasted potential I've ever seen. Not just for Liverpool, but for England, too. He was an explosive striker who was so good at a high level from such a young age. Injuries done him obviously, but I bet he ruing certain choices he made in his career. Should have been so much more. Could have been one of the best ever.

• Paid Members

Dislike of the following things meant you were gay at school:-

Football

Chips

Your Mother Wouldn't Like It

If you disliked all three then this meant your whole family was gay.

I don't even know what the last one is.

I do like chips, though.

"Your Mother Wouldn't Like It" was a sort of "Yoof TV" franchise, I think. They had regular programmes on TV, mainly older kids' programming.

I remember bits of the main programme, but I remembered more the spin-offs, "Round The Bend" and "Palace Hill", which I was always surprised ITV approved for kids' viewing, as they had some risqué stuff on them.

• Paid Members

Here is a bizarre Guardian interview with Owen from a couple of months ago where he talks about hating films, not listening to music and being a right miserable, boring cunt...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/15/small-talk-michael-owen   "I don't know any actors".

It is really weird to actually dislike films. Disliking a genre of film, sure, completely normal, but to actually hate the idea of being told a story is just mental really. He's got loads of kids, how could he not have watched films with them? Even they must think he's weird.