Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Probably the best place to bring this up- one of my friends eats frozen chips. Whilst they're still frozen.

That's just fucking wrong, right? Please tell me nobody here does that?

Yeah, that's messed up alright. Saying that I used to eat bournvita as a kid

Was in ASDA earlier and noticed they had the Fray Bentos pies on for a quid and this thread popped up in mind so bought one

What a shitty pie it is, hadn't had one in years and got the steak & ale version only the very top layer of puff pastry cooks properly the rest is a soggy mess. The filling was ok I guess better than the mince one I last tried, can't grumble too much for a pound  but I'd rather have a gelders pie at that price range.

If you're not a dog then you shouldn't be eating meat out of a tin. Savages.

I agree with you on Fray Bentos, but corned beef is bloody delicious, and will last until kingdom come.

• Paid Members

Corned beef is disgusting stuff. I might consider it a viable option if it was my nans corned beef hash but I can't be doing with people who eat that shit in sandwiches. Same with Spam, although I do remember getting snowed it an at some point during the 80's and being glad we had some Spam in the cupboard so needs must, I suppose.

Fray Bentos pies just remind me of these books of Falklands newspaper comics at my nans house that I used to read when I was bored. I didn't even know what one was until I read them and then suddenly really wanted to try them and made my mum get me one, much to her chagrin. I wouldn't say it was bad but I'm definitely another one who thinks a pie should be enclosed in pastry and not just topped with a bit of disappointingly soggy stuff.