Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I used to love those Goblin meat puddings that you boiled in the tin. They're not as nice now they come in what is essentially a recycled yoghurt pot.

I used to work in Urmston, just up,the road from the Goblin pudding factory. Stunk like the Devils anus.

How does everyone tackle a pie? (A proper one with a base that is). I eat mine like a total spacker. I chisel the lid off and put it aside. I then eat the contents out and then remove the pastry sides and eat those. Finally I consume the delicious soggy base followed by eating the lid like a cracker. Yeah, it's weird.

Needless to say I do not eat a pie like that in public.

Ever had a pie barmcake? If your out and without fork, stick the pie in a barmcake and you have a good structure to hold the pie together while munching through it.

• Awards Moderator

Ever had a pie barmcake? If your out and without fork, stick the pie in a barmcake and you have a good structure to hold the pie together while munching through it.

I suspect you may be from the North. Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

I suspect you may be from the North.

Racist.

How does everyone tackle a pie? (A proper one with a base that is). I eat mine like a total spacker. I chisel the lid off and put it aside. I then eat the contents out and then remove the pastry sides and eat those. Finally I consume the delicious soggy base followed by eating the lid like a cracker. Yeah, it's weird.

Needless to say I do not eat a pie like that in public.

I do the same. Although sometimes, just for a change like, I'll eat the lid first (usually if the insides are still bubbling from cooking and are too hot to attack straight away).

Football grounds are great for noticing pie eating habits, I'm yet to see someone manage to eat one the right way up without spilling half the insides down themselves.  Always lid down if eating it standing up/pissed at football - chicken balti stains are a bitch to get out!

Did somebody say... yorkshire puddings?

I made these in muffin tins instead ot the normal 12-slot yorkie tin. They rose like triffids!

Made toad in the hole for the first time the other week, and used a roasting tin. The stuff wouldn't stop bloody rising, and the underside of the sausages ended up undercooked. I still ate it all though.

Edited by Refused

• Paid Members

At some point I've got to find a way to get my hands on some genuine Scotch pies. SiMania provided some tips on how to eat them (with a load of baked beans on top).

Also, that pie bap - my mate from Hexham told me about stotty cakes, sounds similar. I'm guessing the consistency of the cake is probably different - had a barmcake before, never had a stotty.

• Paid Members

At some point I've got to find a way to get my hands on some genuine Scotch pies. SiMania provided some tips on how to eat them (with a load of baked beans on top).

Also, that pie bap - my mate from Hexham told me about stotty cakes, sounds similar. I'm guessing the consistency of the cake is probably different - had a barmcake before, never had a stotty.

I'm heading down to London this afternoon, I could setup a pie stall at Euston for the commuters.