Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I hate people who proudly proclaim they never read books or otherwise wear their ignorance like a badge of honour. My girlfriend has a subscription to heat magazine and there's a section where the typical idiots who feature in that magazine are quizzed about their favourite books and more often than not their favourite book will be 'the only book they have ever read' and it's invariably a kid's book, something they were made to read in school or a book by someone terrible like Katie Price. Louis Spence said the only book he's ever read is his own Autobiography-cunt.

The only book Ricky Gervais has ever read is Catcher in the Rye which is surprising.

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew i was right in always hating him.

Then again i find it strange that some people will only watch one genre or only films that have a certain actor in it, won't watch black & white or foreign films either but then i'm in the strange section of society that watches 300+ films a year so who am i to judge.

I remember at school being mystified when a guy confessed to hating football, from then on the whole class called him Gay John.

• Paid Members

A girl at work recently told me: "I can't stand the taste of water.

Nor me, as it happens!

But she did love it and no longer does! Like somebody that says "Snickers don't taste the same since they changed from Marathons". I can't comprehend it.

• Paid Members

But water doesn't have a taste. 

A mates missus doesn't like films either. She says she gets bored and falls asleep. She also happens to be one of the dullest and most boring people I know. There must be some kind of correlation.

I remember at school being mystified when a guy confessed to hating football, from then on the whole class called him Gay John.

Last week I told my boss I hate football and the wanker called me gay.

Haha the tradition continues.

I'm a non-proud non-reader of books. haven't read a book in around 2 years, it's not that i don't want to it's i prefer films, TV, Internet, Football and X-box. #Bastard

From the original post, I'd say I'm not one who talks about different foods, recipes and ingredients or finds the food to be one of the pulling factors of going to another country. I'm a fussy eater at times, yet am not too fussed by the quality of the food I'm getting. So in that regard, I'm not that bothered by food either. It may be an age thing. Maybe like Alex James of Blur my 30th will be spent taking drugs and my 40th eating at a restaurant.

She may have meant a similar thing.

As for not liking books, the majority of people I know from my hometown don't read books so it's not that shocking to me. Again, maybe when they settle down they will.

Edit to attempt to make more sense.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members

As for not liking books, the minority of people I know from my hometown read books so it's pretty understandable for me. Again, maybe when they settle down they will.

This doesn't make any sense.

Imagine not liking books. Surely that's actually impossible. It just doesn't compute.

Not really, i'm halfway there; I've no interest in reading any sort of fiction, you couldn't pay me to endure my way through any novel. It's not something to boast about or to be embarrassed by. it's just the way it is.

And if it happened to be the case that I hated the specific areas of non-fiction which I do enjoy reading, i wouldn't worry about that for a second either.

A friend of mine who I had never seen carrying a single book started talking about all these books he'd read and it seemed he was getting through them very quickly. I asked him how long it took him to read The Da Vinci code and he said a couple of hours. Turns out he meant audio books and didn't see the difference.

My littke brother will mostly only watch films he's already seen which kind of leaves him limited to films he watched with me and my other brother when we were kids. He's only been to the cinema once in about 12 years end the only film I remember him owning was Essex Boys.

Yeah, but it's not like you don't like books, is it?

True, although i can't even remember the last time i read fiction

Michael Owen's Man United team-mates have been giving the striker stick for being boring this week by defacing his locker with a "Zzzz!" sticker. The note was attached to a magazine cutting which exposed Owen's strange passion for completing 1,000 piece jigsaws.  Link

I hate people who proudly proclaim they never read books or otherwise wear their ignorance like a badge of honour.

You've met my in-laws then?

A friend of mine who I had never seen carrying a single book started talking about all these books he'd read and it seemed he was getting through them very quickly. I asked him how long it took him to read The Da Vinci code and he said a couple of hours. Turns out he meant audio books and didn't see the difference.

If they're listening to the unabridged versions then it's not so terrible.

It was more the fact he thought reading and listening were the same thing. He wouldn't say he'd listened to a book on audio, he'd say he read one.