"Irish" $tew Allen passes away

Mark Sloan

• Paid Members

Fantastic gesture by Ricky to do something in memory of $tew on future shows - no better way to pay tribute to his work and enthusiasm.

Lovely piece in the Observer, too. Would that we all do something worthy of that!

And OB, I'd be down for contributing to a final Real In Memphis video review. I'm sure the others would, too, even those of us who no longer watch much or any wrestling.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

If anyone would like to contribute to a tribute Real in Memphis video review shoot me an email at realinmemphis (at) mail.com

We can then have a bit of a think about formats/deadlines etc. Any sort of wrestling writing would be welcome.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Goodbye. Shortly before our deadline, we received word that Stewart Allen had passed away. Stew was a wrestling commentator and podcaster, and a co-founder of the ringbelles.com website. He was a huge supporter of women's wrestling and one of the most knowledgeable and respected analysts in the game. I had the good fortune of sitting and chatting with him a few times at SHIMMER events, and I enjoyed the brief times we spent together. His passing is a terrible blow to everyone who was fortunate enough to know him. God bless you Stew....I'm sure Sherri Martel, Moolah and Mae Young are welcoming you to the other side.

Nice little piece in the latest issue of PWI (the PWI Female 50 edition)