Kris Travis dies aged 31

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The list of wrestlers volunteering their services for the fundraising show in January is pretty impressive. Always good to see personal differences put aside and I know I'm pretty excited at seeing some of these names back in Preston

Lionheart
Martin Kirby
Bubblegum
Rampage
Bone
Charlie Garrett
Marty Scurll
The Knight Family
Dave Rayne
Dan Maloney
Dean Allmark
El Ligero
Joey Hayes
James Drake
Keith Myatt
Mark Andrews
Noam Dar
Andy Wild
Ashton Smith
CJ Banks
Grado
Chris Ridgeway
Prince Ameen
Sam Bailey
The Hunter Brothers
Pete Dunne
Tyler Bate
Ryan Smile
Matt Myers
Stixx
Ruffneck
Sam Booth
Sha Samuels
Liam Thompson
Kid Fite
Joe Connors
Flash Morgan Webster
Danny Hope
Mikey Whiplash

I first met Kris Travis in Sheffield around 15 years ago when we trained together at THE 393 CLUB.  I remember Travis being in a tag team with Scotty Hexx, the original Project Ego.  It was clear then that Travis was the SHOOTING STAR amongst us.

We started doing monthly shows at Creswell Social Centre under the GNP/NBW banner.  They were never the biggest, never the best.  But they were fun and we loved them.

Since then Travis has taken off and become a genuine amazing talent.

Travis is my best friend.  When I needed him, a home for the night and other things personal to us, we were there for each other.  He was there for me.

This ba$tard illness has affected my grandparents, my step daughter and now my best friend.

I am not very good with computers so social media and other forums are beyond me.  I remembered my old GNP_INFO account. 

I have logged in to say thank you to everyone who has donated and wished Travis well.  To Southside and Preston City Wrestling (and others) who have arranged benefit shows for Trav.

On Friday 9th January 2015 I am hoping to arrange a show at the Creswell Social Centre.  Travis has helped alot of the NCWA wrestlers who would like to complete a card on his behalf.  All donations and proceeds will be going to Kris.  I recently attended Creswell Social Centre to speak with the owners and the love shown for Kris was overwhelming.  More details will follow on the events page.

I would like to say as I finish this post, and I am emotional as I put this, that I can remember when Kris Travis was to face Kevin Thorn at 1PW.  He and Kirby were having the best tag team matches as champions.  Travis knew that he was going to get hurt, he never once showed any fear.  By the end of the night Travis had one of the worst elbow injuries I have ever seen, he never said a word.  Travis has been like this in every match since, he is afraid of nobody.  I would have Travis by my side in a fight before anyone else.  I genuinely mean that.

Thats why I know he will beat this. x

• 1 year later...

Really enjoyed his matches against Chris Masters, Joey Hayes and Kevin Steen in PCW. Great look, talented and tons of charisma.

Only got the chance to see him live once at RPW: Project Ego VS The Young Bucks. It was awesome as you could imagine.

R.I.P. Kris Travis.

Archived