Kris Travis dies aged 31

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone wants to help, it just proves Travis has friends all over the country. All the money is going to the same person so it doesn't really matter which one people use.

Although the percentages thing isn't ideal like you said, the more money raised the better. He's a top bloke and deserves all the help and love we can give him.

Fantastic to see the donations flying in - £515 raised at Southside last night, plus over £1200 in the combined IndieGoGos so far, and that's from just today alone. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Its sad news for any one but especially some one of such a young age. He has always been a staple and highpoint of so many shows for me as a wrestling fan, which is a testament to his tremendous skill and dedication.

I woke up to the news that Kris Travis has refused to put cancer over. Is this really the sort of dismal unprofessional conduct that we should be endorsing? I bet he doesn't even want to sell for it.

On a more serious note it's always tremendous to see folk rally behind one of their own. Wrestlers, promoters, fans... Cliched as it sounds it's a booster shot for my faith in humanity while there appears to be an awful lot of shite going on in the world. 

There's been some talk of a benefit comedy night for him and I wouldn't be surprised if a benefit wrestling show gets put together.

• Paid Members

Sad news :( I'm sure he'll kick it's arse. His matches at PCW with Kevin Steen are some of the best I've ever seen in person.

The second Masters match was a big factor in me and several friends continuing to come to PCW after initially only going to check out imports we had keen interest to see.

On top of that, he's a top bloke. Sent some cash in, he needs it more than me right now.

Well over £3500 raised for him thus far, if you combine all the different fund raising going on, absolutely fantastic. And that's in less than 24 hours.  

The two IndieGoGos alone have only been live since 11am, so in 5 1/2 hours, a combined total of over £3000 has been raised.

So donations are currently averaging £8 a minute! Amazing. :thumbsup:

Really shit news, can only hope for a strong and quick recovery to truly one of the best in the British scene. His match against Martin Kirby at Pro Wrestling 101 is the best match I have ever seen live and his performance was nothing short of spectacular, he is the perfect example of playing the 'c*cky' gimmick type to complete perfection, he is also top notch at taking the p*ss out of the fans and have them love to hate him for it.

Horrid news, like others heard it was a stomach ulcer a while back and he looked to have dropped a load of weight last time saw him at PAID in September.

Brilliant wrestler and great guy away from the ring, got chatting when he had his shoulder keep popping out at PCW.

When I started going to GNP shows in Creswell, it was because they brought in Tracy Smothers for the gig. 

What kept me coming back was lads like Trav, who gave it his best even on nights it was in front of 6 or 7 familes, and a smattering of smarks like me. 

He'd get me into a match, and make me believe it was real.

Hope he beats this...

Archived