Kris Travis dies aged 31

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

From his twitter.

So.... Some people don't know and a lot do. So I'm going to just clear this up here. About a month ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I had surgery and had most of my stomach removed and with it a tumour. I now have 18 weeks of chemo to hopefully kill the rest of this disease. I've moved into my family home with my mum + I'm being well looked after by my amazing family and friends. I WILL fight this and I WILL win! Thank you to EVERYONE for support and messages. If I don't txt back please don't worry, it's a time for myself with my family and down time. I miss and love all of my friends in the wrestling world and fans. And I WILL be back even better than before <3. Xx

He's a regular on the British scene and one of the bigger names as well. Really shit news. Apparently they are having donations at some shows for him, so if you're at one of these shows, stick a few pence in for him. He's only a young lad as well. Fucking shite thing to be going through at any age, but you're not "supposed" to go through this stuff at 30. That's just not on, man. Good on Southside for raising a few hundred for him at the show they did. That's a really nice gesture in a business full of horror stories.

Get well soon.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only got back into the British wrestling scene in May (last show I went to before that was in 2005) but I've been a regular at Progress since May and Travis is one guy who I have really enjoyed watching. Top wrestler imo, and met him a couple of times at the merch stand and he's a lovely bloke too. Utterly shit news, wish him all the best, really hope he can kick this shit diseases arse!

Man this really sucks, I'm not sure if it's linked to this or not but Kris was scheduled for a match against Tommy End at an event we went to (HXC Tequila Sunrise) but it was announced that he was unable to make it, most people were assuming it was to do with TNA Boot Camp but maybe it was to do with this sadly. The majority of fans who knew who he was seemed gutted he wasn't there but genuinely excited that he may be in TNA Boot Camp and actually progressed as they all agreed he was very talented. Thinking back to this now about two months later is quite saddening.

All my best wishes go out to Kris and his family and friends, good luck and go kick cancer's ass, can't wait to see you back in the ring having your arm raised when you're fit and recovered.

It's a shame he's a top bloke and a cracking talent. Southside last night held a collection and some auctions for him and 4 raised about £500. Really nice of Ben to organise it. It included Tyler Bate airplane spinning someone a Rich Swan dance off and DJ Hyde paying £100 for a signed Kay Lee Ray poster.

• Paid Members

It's a shame he's a top bloke and a cracking talent. Southside last night held a collection and some auctions for him and 4 raised about £500. Really nice of Ben to organise it. It included Tyler Bate airplane spinning someone a Rich Swan dance off and DJ Hyde paying £100 for a signed Kay Lee Ray poster.

Don't thank me , we ended up getting Kris £515 - thank you to everyone who dug deep yesterday. Trav has put his body on the line for so many people's entertainment so this is just everyone showing how much we love him.

Ben

Archived