TWIN PEAKS IS COMING BACK

Devon Malcolm

This is the kind of news you don't expect to ever hear but always wish you will, I still can't believe it's happening. I heard Lynch was close to retiring due to not being able to get funding for any projects in this day and age so to hear he will direct all 9 episodes is a dream come true, or maybe a nightmare as Twin Peaks pretty much fucked me up during my teenage years.

Looking forward to seeing which cast members will be coming back, one worry is that the actor who plays Bob is no longer with us which may cause a problem, re cast or change direction?

Loved it when I was kid (even though I didn't know most of what was going on, and come to think of it, I probably shouldn't have been watching it anyway), been enjoying the repeats on Sci-Fi

Hope they get Everett McGill and Wendy Robie back, well I hope they get most of them back obviously but especially those two, funnily enough I was watching People Under The Stairs on Sunday night so it'd be quality seeing them on screen again

Shame there'll be no BOB for obvious reasons, scared the shit out of me when I was a kid

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman

• Paid Members

waters44, buy it, watch it, I had heard of the show and knew of its cult status for years, probably since I was a early teen, but finally got to watch it with the missus last year. A truly fantastic show, it also makes a great drinking game for how many times a character cries or a certain music cue plays.

I was debating with the missus this morning the possibilities of the season and where everyone is 25 years later. Curious to see which cast members come back. I echo the McGill love though, Big Ed was one of my fave characters. I also want Hawk to still be around too.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

The music is really good, I've only heard four pieces of music so far: the main theme (which is iconic and just brilliant), the sax-infused piece for flirting scenes, the cool finger-snapping jazz piece for when guys are talking and something Moby stole for Go.

I've got the Twin Peaks soundtrack album on tape somewhere, it's all sorts of awesomeness.  I'm sure Angelo (oh, Angelo!) will be back to score the new series as well.

Isn't Leland Palmer dead?  Can't see how they get Ray Wise in sadly.

• Paid Members

Twin Peaks is one of those things i need to watch, i did start it years ago when i was on lovefilm but only got around 5 episodes in and never went back to it..considering im a fan of Lynch's movie work this probably makes me a bit of an idiot.

However, there was a scene in one of the episodes i watched where there was like a cut scene to show some creepy looking dude hiding behind what i think was a bed, it was like a close up shot and there was like a loud sound effect when it cut to his face...i had the surround sound system on and it legitimately made me jump more than any other scene ive ever seen, i shit myself, it properly unsettled me. Anyone have any idea what im on about?

Twin Peaks is one of those things i need to watch, i did start it years ago when i was on lovefilm but only got around 5 episodes in and never went back to it..considering im a fan of Lynch's movie work this probably makes me a bit of an idiot.

However, there was a scene in one of the episodes i watched where there was like a cut scene to show some creepy looking dude hiding behind what i think was a bed, it was like a close up shot and there was like a loud sound effect when it cut to his face...i had the surround sound system on and it legitimately made me jump more than any other scene ive ever seen, i shit myself, it properly unsettled me. Anyone have any idea what im on about?

It's Bob hiding behind Laura's bed.