"Superclash 2" GL1 Glouchester STYLES, TANAHASHI, LIGER

wrestlingmad

The problem is, I'm not sure if they'll be able to fit a cage in there. The doors at the back of the hall are far too small. If you had one that is made up of separate panels on each side like WWE's ones, you might be able to. Nice tease, I must admit. I hope they do the decent thing and scout the venue to make sure it can fit first before they announce it (It'll likely be there since Jarrett only does 2 shows a year normally). I remember winning tickets to a wrestling show in the local paper at my local leisure centre which was supposed to have a cage match, but the announcer came and said they couldn't have it because it couldn't fit through the door. That could have saved the show because it was rubbish.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt bad for Mal if I'm honest. Didn't understand the in logic having him work the first four matches without a break when there was another referee there. I don't know if he was meant to do the following one as well (the six-man), but that started without a referee of any description! Was tempted to do a Jimmy Hill!

i can confirm being part of the show and helping out back stage the advance was 550  with a walk up of approx 150 so the 300-400 estimation are way out, i am glad people enjoyed the show, there is a big one in Brixton december 13th.sure details will be released very soon.

i can confirm being part of the show and helping out back stage the advance was 550  with a walk up of approx 150 so the 300-400 estimation are way out, i am glad people enjoyed the show, there is a big one in Brixton december 13th.sure details will be released very soon.

Thanks for clarifying. So I wasn't that far off because I was guessing roughly 500. No doubt because of AJ alone. Obviously, if it was the 300-odd like the previous one. You'd most likely be carrying a huge loss. Much more professional set up as well,

• Paid Members

Is AJ Styles really that much of a draw? I can guarantee if I asked a friend who lives down the road—who watches WWE on Sky—what he thinks of AJ Styles, he’d go, “Who?”

AJ may have attracted a few die-hard pro wrestling fans, but the crowd looks like one who is there based on just old fashioning local promotion.

Thanks for clarifying. So I wasn't that far off because I was guessing roughly 500. No doubt because of AJ alone. Obviously, if it was the 300-odd like the previous one. You'd most likely be carrying a huge loss. Much more professional set up as well,

Its WAW Set up and it was nearer the 700 mark so your estimate was a way out, though i am not falling out over it lol, just being informative as i was part of the show and so know a few details.

15773_10204867188504779_7563382232893770

Its WAW Set up and it was nearer the 700 mark so your estimate was a way out, though i am not falling out over it lol, just being informative as i was part of the show and so know a few details.

15773_10204867188504779_7563382232893770

Oh, it's yours? Nice one.

• Paid Members

Is AJ Styles really that much of a draw? I can guarantee if I asked a friend who lives down the road—who watches WWE on Sky—what he thinks of AJ Styles, he’d go, “Who?”

Your mate down the road isn't the market. It's a show advertised through the Internet to appeal to Internet wrestling fans across the country assuming - rightly - that they can get a few hundred fans nationwide to make the journey to Gloucester to see an AJ Styles. Internet wrestling fans like us. And we all know who AJ Styles is.

Hang on, so you're claiming 700? Sorry but looking at those pictures and videos it definitely wasn't 700. 500 I'll give you for sure.

Regarding the Cage question , I'm sure with it being a sports hall there will be Fire Exits so in no way should having a cage be a problem.

Yeah. There are fire exits behind the curtains. I'm fairly local. (I live in Cheltenham, so only a quick 30 min bus or 10 minute train journey away) and I used to go there for some college games lessons and school sports fairs. And it's easy to get all the parts of a ring in there. But like I said. They should fine if it has detachable panels on each side. The doors open fairly wide from what I've seen, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

I was at the show and did a very quick general head count and got to about 500, no way was there 700. 500 is still a big improvment over the last show, infact everything was a big improvment over the last show. The set up was clearly better and the merch tables had more content

Concerning the Ref, i get it, he's a legend and what not but as already been said why have him every match except main event? The other ref was clearly a better (and more able body) referee.

All in all it was a enjoyable evening but it's a wierd show; part typical British Wrestling, Part WOS, Part Japanese. Not sure if it all adds together

And what was with giving Brookside's daughter flowers? It came across as a very brown nosey thing to do which got a lot of cringe worthy  laughs from everyone in the stands

mate i am going by what the venue told me personally there was a 550 advance before doors opened, the bleaches hold 500 that without the chairs and was advised there was a 150 walk up by the centre themselves we did the set up buddy, i have no reason to bullshit not my show so it made no difference to me 10 or 10,000 i was on wages.

Archived