"Superclash 2" GL1 Glouchester STYLES, TANAHASHI, LIGER

wrestlingmad

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the results from this if anyone wondered. Source: The Indy Corner

1. Jonny Storm defeated Brian Kendrick

2. Phil Powers won the Golden Grappler trophy defeating Kenzo Richards, Frankie Sloan & Jimmy Meadows

3. ‘Superstar’ Mal Sanders defeated Matt Jarrett

4. Nathan Cruz defeated Paul London

5. The Knight Dynasty (Ricky, Roy & Zak) defeated Danny Collins, Dave Finlay Jr & Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger

6. Davey Boy Smith Jr defeated Martin Stone

7. Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Chris ‘The Bambi Killer’ Raaber

8. IWGP Champion AJ Styles defeated Rampage Brown & Doug Williams

Anyone know what happened to Tiger Mask? He was billed for this as well

Heard this show drew just under 300? Any truth to that?

Preston got 600-800 for Styles. Kendrick and London as headline names for Southside got 500. RevPro got 500-600 fans out of Liger and Tanahashi.

If your show with former WWE and TNA names, the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion, the current ace and biggest name in Japanese wrestling, a legend in Japanese wrestling and the son of an English wrestling legend can only draw under 300 people then you're doing a shit job at promoting and you should hang your head in shame.

Card looks great.

Already found some Youtube stuff. Very tall and wide venue.

Looks like a good house to be honest.

Crowd seems to be enjoying it a lot:

Many International Stars. I hope they book a venue next to an airport next time. These Supershows could be marketed as big EUROPEAN events instead of just a big UK event. This card could have easily attracted Dutch, Belgian and especially German fans also.

How was it?

Heard this show drew just under 300? Any truth to that?

Preston got 600-800 for Styles. Kendrick and London as headline names for Southside got 500. RevPro got 500-600 fans out of Liger and Tanahashi.

If your show with former WWE and TNA names, the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion, the current ace and biggest name in Japanese wrestling, a legend in Japanese wrestling and the son of an English wrestling legend can only draw under 300 people then you're doing a shit job at promoting and you should hang your head in shame.

I went to the last one in March. That drew about 300-350. Scores of empty seats. Based on those videos and photos I've seen on Twitter. I'd say pushing 500. Definite improvement. AJ is a top tier import, so that definitely put more butts in seats. Much more professional set up as well because last time, they came out through the auditorium doors. No fancy setup. PA was crap and I couldn't hear the introductions well. Plus the crowd was dead a lot. but that's another story.

I came across some Tweets sent between Paige and a fan at the show commenting her Dad's "retired" and the fan replied to her that at the end, they challenged Liger and someone else on the show to a cage match. Can someone confirm this?

It does look more than 300 but I doubt 500. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of the stands to get a more accurate number.

How were the matches? Three way looks the most appealing to me out of the card.

I wasn't there. I'll have to look round Twitter see what I can find.

I'd say a good 400 easy. Could be closer to 500 than I realized from those videos. When I heard under 300 I was thinking a massive blight on the promoters advertising skills. December looks good then.

Yep. Improved on last time when I went. That's AJ for you. It wasn't gonna be as big as when PCW had him IMO seeing as he was fresh out of TNA when he was with them. But he is a legit draw and you could easily sell an event well with him as the only import.

Yeah, around 450 was the consensus where we were. Popped along to watch this, some random thoughts. Ten-bell salute for Eli Collins was a nice touch, and spotlessly observed. Didn't recognise Brian Kendrick at all when he came out. Match with Jonny was a natural opener, going the crowd going nicely. Kenzo was an unexpected highlight, had a pretty short amount of time but looked sensational in everything he did. Phil Powers has a wicked leg drop finish. Mal Sanders is a hoot. Paul London's entrance was wildly entertaining. One of the best things on the show, and that's not a criticism of the show in the slightest. His shooting star press was picture perfect too. Ricky Knight took some wicked spills out of the ring, which impressed me considering he's effectively retired now. Liger and Tanahashi both brought a real superstar aura and were a blast to watch. On a similar note, Smith came across as a total star. His match with Stone was a good one. Main event rocked the place. Doug had his working boots on and was pretty awesome in all fairness. Rampage Brown I've not seen a huge deal of, but I thought he was excellent. And AJ was AJ... he put a shift in, crowd loved him and his signatures looked terrific. It was a very strong main event. The show was too long, for me; bit of a late start, a prolonged interval and other delays made it a bit more bloated than it could have been. But it was a good night out, can't imagine anyone thought they didn't get their money's worth. Congrats to all involved.

this was my first superclash and i would say between 450 and 500 people the talent at the meet and greet were all great doing pic and signing and london and kendrick were so nice and humble when meeting them after the show. yes a cage match challenge was issued but they did not come out and say yes to the match. first half did run long we kept wondering if there was going to be a interval. i will try and get along to the xmas show in brixton

This was a fun show. The show drew a healthy 450-500 as previously stated. I would still guess that's not a healthy number for such a "loaded" card with high level imports.

The main event was solid. AJ, Doug and Brown put a really good shift in and sent the fans home happy. In general, there was plenty of good things on this show. I easily got my £15's worth and will happily attend the next one. That might possibly have Jushin 'Thunder' Liger in a Steel Cage!?

Couple of notes that have not been previously mentioned:

- The interval was way too long and it got extended to "purchase more merchandise". Basically too many people were waiting to see AJ. Maybe this should had been kept until after or even before?

- The guard rails although they provided some fun spots during the show. We're 100% more dangerous to the crowd than providing "safety".

- I don't care how legendary Mal Mason is. He was cringeworthy to watch. All the imports had a look of horror on their faces when they realised he doesn't actually get down to the mat to count the pin. People were just laughing at him. Im sure he's fine at camps and doing All Star. This just seemed the wrong fit. I'm sure there are more athletic referees in the near by area who could work the next show.

Archived