"Superclash 2" GL1 Glouchester STYLES, TANAHASHI, LIGER

wrestlingmad

At a time where British Wrestling has reached it's biggest peak in decades. The majority of these fucking idiots have been pushed or kicked out. Jarrett is one of the few remaining. They tarnish the good reputation and work ICW, Progress, Rev Pro and others have provided.

Fuck off Jarrett. That article for whatever reason really made me angry. He basically admitted that he was a fuck up, a douche bag and most importantly a clueless money mark.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably should have just stuck with booking AJ, but I got carried away and booked Liger and Tanahashi and others that I probably didn’t need to, not that I regret it because it was a really great show. But that’s the problem when you love the business and you get so involved; you get in this bubble and feel like nothing can touch you and get carried away, until a couple of days later when you realise that you’ve made a loss on the show and you maybe should have done things differently.

This could be the epitaph for so many promotions over here. You could have probably drawn three good houses with Liger, Tanahashi and Styles on three different shows over the course of the year and made money. I don't think it's a huge coincidence that most of the promoters with longevity aren't particularly impressed by name talent, certainly not to the point that they would book 7 or 8 when just one would have the same effect on the gate, give or take.

• Paid Members

Gloucester itself might not be the best choice for a destination because it’s not a touristy place with too much to do after the shows etc

Of course, PCW never has that problem drawing in Preston. which isn't exactly New York, is it?

Gloucester not being good for wrestling is bollocks. Gloucester wrestling, Pwe some highflying group l, want to say 1cw, 4fw and Welsh Wrestling and Allstar have or are running there, Churchdown, Quedgeley or the Forest. Shoulda gone Guildhall, night club or even the Sbooker place rather than GL1. Heck talent down that way is ridiculous, Garett, Sysum, Bone, Rees and Redman, that's before branching out further.

This all just happened because of some bad investments over the last 12 months, and it really started with Superclash 2. I probably should have just stuck with booking AJ, but I got carried away and booked Liger and Tanahashi and others that I probably didn’t need to, not that I regret it because it was a really great show. But that’s the problem when you love the business and you get so involved; you get in this bubble and feel like nothing can touch you and get carried away, until a couple of days later when you realise that you’ve made a loss on the show and you maybe should have done things differently

*sigh* Where to start with this...

Another problem with the show was the lack of publicity in the local and mainstream press. Andy Quidlan can book a Revolution Pro Wrestling card and have AJ Styles as the only import and that gets reported, or Brian Dixon using Jushin Liger in Croydon gets picked up, but I have a stacked card in Gloucester and it’s hard to get a mention. Gloucester itself might not be the best choice for a destination because it’s not a touristy place with too much to do after the shows etc. But it was a combination of things in the end

It's YOUR JOB to go out and get publicity; to get coverage. It's called being a promoter. You tit.

Jarrett complains about the lack of publicity but is that really the case for his shows?  I don't think it is.  Just a quick google search found 

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/David-Beckham-Japanese-wrestling-comes-Gloucester/story-20669373-detail/story.html

http://www.soglos.com/sport-outdoor/36115/SuperClash-wrestling-at-GL1

http://www.glos.info/whats-on-in-october-2014/gwo92719/

http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Gloucester/GL1-GLOUCESTER-LEISURE-CENTRE/Superstars-of-Wrestling-Presents-SuperClash-2/12182138/

http://gloucesternewscentre.co.uk/superclash-returns-to-gl1/

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for such a bump on this, but i've just seen on Twitter that this company is running a show in Cheltenham in November. Normally wouldn't travel that far for anything, but they've announced La Parka, or at least they're saying it's the original La Parka despite using the AAA La Parka on the flyer and Facebook making it a bit confusing, and seeing him live is top of the mountain of goals for me as a wrestling fan. What're the chances of this actually happening? Just checked the Twitter an there's only a couple of hundred followers with the company retweeting things about acid attacks and nonces in between vague promo about Sasuke, Kendo Kashin and a whole host of others heading over. Alarm bells have been going off the more I looked into it and then I found this thread.

He's advertising Great Sasuke, Too Cold Scorpio, Kendo Kashin, Danny Collins, Da Pope, Phil Powers, La Parka, Kenzo Richards, Hernandez, Tanaka, Rongai, Fujiwara amongst others at Cheltenham Town Hall on Sunday 4th November.

Ringside seats are £40 then £35, £25 and general admission for £20. I'm not sure how many the place holds but no way can he afford the expenses of that line up on one row of £40 seats. 

On 8/1/2018 at 8:55 PM, Cannibal Man said:

Sorry for such a bump on this, but i've just seen on Twitter that this company is running a show in Cheltenham in November. Normally wouldn't travel that far for anything, but they've announced La Parka, or at least they're saying it's the original La Parka despite using the AAA La Parka on the flyer and Facebook making it a bit confusing, and seeing him live is top of the mountain of goals for me as a wrestling fan. What're the chances of this actually happening? Just checked the Twitter an there's only a couple of hundred followers with the company retweeting things about acid attacks and nonces in between vague promo about Sasuke, Kendo Kashin and a whole host of others heading over. Alarm bells have been going off the more I looked into it and then I found this thread.

They ran a show earlier this year in Cheltenham with Too Cold Scorpio and Kendo Ka Shin amongst others so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the show will go ahead - although admittedly this time there are a lot more imports listed.

• 1 month later...

Archived