Wrestling Channel Miscellany

herbie747

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly there was supposed to be interviews with others (Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels defo did Q&As that day) too but someone had some device that jammed the cameras or something and the footage was destroyed. Maybe Herbie can expand on that.

I still have all those interviews - they were just never edited. We only put Foley & CM Punk on the DVD due to space, and were going to release the rest at a later date - never got around to it.

Some knob brought a Sony camera remote and stopped our wide camera from recording for a minute. But our on-stage camera guy noticed it, and just put blutac over the infrareds.

Thanks for clearing that up. Obviously the other was just Chinese whispers.

Weird how things come back to you after a while. I remember there was some guy with a Dolly Parton standee and some other guy going up and down the line beforehand with a petition to keep the belt on JBL until Wrestlemania22 and was going to send it off. After about an hour, he had three signatures. You can't even say "they only come out at night" with people like that.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 3 weeks later...

here is a random photo I found earlier.

This is the first day PRE-ORDERS for International Showdown, all awaiting the delivery to turn up that day. We processed and packed them, was well over a 1000 pre-orders

showdown_dvd_preorders.jpg

The location is a mess as we were moving the entire FWA Academy building that week too!

We took them all to a local post office too! Was funny to see us bringing in over 1000 packets in boxes, by the time the packages had the DVDs in them it was probably 10 or 12 times as many boxes lol!

A few more international Showdown bits and one of the TWC shop flyers art

TWC_DVDS_1.jpg

TWC_DVDS_2.jpg

twcstore_ad.jpg

• Paid Members

Awesome - thanks for those, Mark.

Since you're a hoarder like me, I must ping you over the backstage footage from Showdown - shot mostly by Dean. Lots of cool footage with mostly FWA crew. 2 DV tapes, I believe. I can MP4 it and WeTransfer it over to you. PM me your e-mail!

Awesome - thanks for those, Mark.

Since you're a hoarder like me, I must ping you over the backstage footage from Showdown - shot mostly by Dean. Lots of cool footage with mostly FWA crew. 2 DV tapes, I believe. I can MP4 it and WeTransfer it over to you. PM me your e-mail!

Sounds great, my email is mark at amerchandise.co.uk

I am pretty sure I have seen buts of it before, but I swear there is a bit where me and Jonny Storm are chatting and it's interupted by Bill Apter, and a playfight ensures and it ends up with either me or Apter taking Storm down, while apter puts a legit figure four on Storm who tries to laugh it off before realising how much it bloody hurts! His laugh to grimmace was brilliant!   I am sure it ended up in the skydome loading area or something! 

Hopefully it was that show, or it may have been elsewhere!

• Paid Members

Name the event for me please.

Jushin Liger and a dude with a no 2 haircut with a bushy bit on back of his head.

Tiger Mask [dressed in yellow] the ref looks like a wrestler too. the 4th guy has silver wrestling shorts on.

One ringpost has GLIO on the pad tape says NJPW. 

Did it have a red, blue and black 4 sided ring as well?

Name the event for me please.

Jushin Liger and a dude with a no 2 haircut with a bushy bit on back of his head.

Tiger Mask [dressed in yellow] the ref looks like a wrestler too. the 4th guy has silver wrestling shorts on.

One ringpost has GLIO on the pad tape says NJPW. 

Did it have a red, blue and black 4 sided ring as well?

Tenryu is on the screen now black ropes, baby blue wrestling mat, one soft pad is red, another is blue, 3rd is white.

A guy in red shorts on back say's soul.

Two ring posts are red two are blue.