2014 UKFF UK50 - Results Thread

Big Benny HG

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't understand what people see in Dean Allmark. He seems so generic, and void of personality. His moveset is pretty limited. And don't even get me started on his ring gear (British Bulldog Halloween costume made out of bin liners). I'm not trolling here, I just want someone to tell me why he's so popular. I know this is my first post, and some of you will have guessed who I am and why I'm posting.

• Moderators

His moveset is pretty limited. 

A wrestler's arsenal being more expansive doesn't make a wrestler better. Otherwise we'd all be hanging off Nova and Jack Evans' cocks. Allmark's great, never fails to get reactions from crowds and tells good stories. He's a fine pro wrestler.

His moveset is pretty limited. 

A wrestler's arsenal being more expansive doesn't make a wrestler better. Otherwise we'd all be hanging off Nova and Jack Evans' cocks. Allmark's great, never fails to get reactions from crowds and tells good stories. He's a fine pro wrestler.

Surely if that was the case, then we'd all be chanting "Let's go Cena"? I'm not asking him to be a dungeon graduate, but I am asking him to at least mix it up a little bit.

• Moderators

A lot of us do chant it and his range of moves is more than fine. Moves don't make the wrestler nor the match. All Jerry Lawler had was punches, a dropkick and a piledriver and he's arguably the best ever.

• Paid Members

My main issue with Deano is that "It's Like That" is one of the myriad of songs that the whole world seems to love, but I find less enjoyable than diarrhoea.

But I love MOVEZ and he does a middle rope Asai moonsault and occasionally finishes with Shiranui Kai. About as indie as it gets, that particular one.

If you're in the minority of male voices that enjoy Cena's work, then I applaud you. I'm one of those few also. But in my opinion, John Cena does tell a story in the ring, and can also entertain the crowd. I just do not see that with Dean Allmark. I enjoy a good faces work, for example, Chris Masters has me going back to PCW time and time again. However, there seems to be no reason for Allmark to be there. He doesn't tell us why he's there, he just is....smiling. Even when he loses.

• Moderators

He's predominately working for barnstorming touring companies. Characters with continuity are pointless in them. His reason to be there smiling is that he's a wrestler and a nice guy there to have a match. It's pointless having much else in touring companies. And if people were that bothered about the myriad of moves he does or doesn't do he wouldn't have recently been on tour with Wrestle-1 to work as a Junior Heavy.

How about if he's not working for a touring company? When I go to a wrestling show, I enjoy the range of emotions it's meant to elicit, that means entertain me not only with your moveset, but also your personality. I guess I was spoilt as kid in the early 90s watching guys that could tell a good story. Not just show up, smile, wrestle, and leave. I was never Barry Horowitz's biggest fan.

• Moderators

He does tell stories in the ring though. That's why he's so respected. And he does have a personality. Clean cut, never say die, technically talented "aww shucks" blue eye. It's simple, but it's all you need sometimes and it works for him. If when he's working for more static companies like PCW he's a bit dry for your taste maybe, maybe PCW could give him more direction or more of an angle or something. Most of his work's for All Star. And there it is just show up, smile, wrestle and leave. It's his bread and butter and he does a fine job of it.

Archived