2014 UKFF UK50 - Results Thread

Big Benny HG

To be fair there may be a case of some Northwest peeps who didn't get votes in in time. I know I didn't for a variety of reasons, after putting stage one votes in.

Ashton and Cyanide have been fantastic for ages and would have figured quite highly in my list. Joey is a bit of an enigma in so much I've seen him have some utterly fantastic matches, but then also for whatever reason some not so great matches. He's good, great even, just not always consistent and that may have hurt his rankings from those watching from afar. He is also still face in some places and heel in others and again that may affect how people see him and why lower down on the list.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also looking forward to the rest of the countdown. There's some surprises in this years... there's been Scurl's massive fall, the overdue inclusion of James Mason, and the absence of Darrel Allen.

Will El Ligero be knocked off the top this year by ZSJ or someone else? How high will Kris Travis feature? How about the London Riots who I think are appearing for the first time and have owned the tag team scene down south... looking through the names in this years top 50, the scene is real strong right now!

• Paid Members

I see that finally people have realised that Emperor Marty's new clothes are not very good. I have consistently said that he is not very good. He always has the worst match on the card and if he does have a decent match he is carried by someone better. Is lucky to have hung around with the likes of ZSJ, but none of Sabre's ability or likeability have ever rubbed off on Marty.

• Paid Members

No. 41 - Dave Rayne

Twitter: @DaveRayne

Entrance theme: ‘Get Me Off’ – Basement Jaxx / SOME F****NG NOISE (GPW)
Total 1st place votes in 2014: 0

UKFF UK50 history:

13th in 2013... 23rd in 2012.

Regular promotions during period:
Preston City Wrestling in Preston... FutureShock Wrestling in Manchester... Grand Pro Wrestling in Wigan...

DaveRayne.jpg

Photo credit: Gordon Harris & Preston City Wrestling

Lost his PCW Cruiserweight title to surprise opponent April Davids in an inter-gender match at the 2nd Anniversary event, then failed to regain it at the Halloween special in what was essentially a ‘Good Housekeeping’ match… Year-long harassment of former WWE superstar Chris Masters resulted in them linking up to form the ‘Legion of Boom’ odd couple tag team and feuding with ‘Team Single’ (Bubblegum, T-Bone & Rampage Brown) in various 4-man, 6-man and 8-man tag team bouts over the spring and summer... LOB faced both T-Bone & Rampage Brown and ROH’s reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) in a triangular series of sorts over PCW’s May ‘Supershow’ weekend, but lost both their matches... After failing to regain his Cruiserweight strap, 2014 has also seen Rayne unveil his own ‘#BOOM’ Championship, contested under stipulations written in a rulebook that only Dave has access to.  This invariably sees him lose matches (for example, to Dave Mastiff, Joey Hayes and The Hurricane) only to retain the belt due to an obscure-yet-specific rule he claims to apply... Has since lost the #BOOM Championship to Noam Dar, as a more vicious, focused version of the Scot returned to winning ways after a lengthy losing streak...

Formed another odd-couple tag-team in FutureShock, joining forces with Nordic Warrior in November to answer the Blackpool Blondes’ open challenge and dethrone them for that version of the Tag Team Championship... Faced various heel combinations over the course of 2014 before being unseated in a 4-way ULTIMATE X match at the FutureShock tenth anniversary show in August...

Is part of The Cause in GPW, the invading heel stable formed of wrestlers claiming to have previously been misused or sleighted by the promotion.  Though Rayne claims them to be equals, it’s clear that he’s pulling the strings of both the group and the individuals within it... Was sole survivor of a 6 vs. 6 Cause vs. GPW torneo cibernetico at ‘X - The 10th Anniversary Show’ last July, then led his troops to victory in a 6-on-1 handicap elimination match over GPW Heavyweight Champion Cyanide in October.  This win meant that all of The Cause were jointly recognised as GPW Champion, a status that Rayne & Co. then retained with a handicap win over Se*y Kev in February and a victory in a multi-stipulated 4 vs. 4 elimination match in April (during which Rayne additionally survived a mid-match cash-in from GPW’s Money in the Bank holder Ricky J McKenzie).  At the 2014 Dom Travis Memorial Show, The Cause were set to defend against Dom’s brother Nate in another vastly-weighted handicap match, but Cause members were taken out in various circumstances over the course of the show to the point only Rayne & Sean Daniels were left to face Travis in the main event.  Daniels was then also taken out mid-match, leaving Rayne alone and giving GPW their best chance yet at winning back the belt.  An incredibly dramatic contest ended with Rayne hanging onto the title by the skin of his teeth, benefitting from longtime GPW babyface Damon Leigh turning on Travis...

UKFF says:
"if ever there was a poster child for being a great worker without needing to resort to 45 minute wristlock wankfests or 630 moonbombs, it's Dave. Adding the #BOOM Championship and his rulebook has been an excellent addition to an already sterling package, and just like my selection for top spot, he's a major factor in persuading me to part with money for my ticket."

Benny says:
Dave has continued to excel in his role as the incredibly daft, self-unaware, delusional ego-maniac in PCW and FutureShock.  He never really turned ‘babyface’ (and he’d been getting cheers as the daft loser for ages), it just sort of happened, and he hasn’t had to change his character one bit to make it really work as a fan favourite.  His act is the perfect balance to some of the more hard-hitting serious wrestling, absolutely equal to it in terms of the entertainment, enjoyment and anticipation it brings.  The #BOOM Championship and his involvement with Masters have been strokes of genius that have allowed him to remain fresh and interesting.  I also enjoy his work in GPW, however, which is completely contrary to his PCW/FutureShock character.  Completely believable as the influential cult leader plotting domination, his promos have held together the entire angle and really got across just how ‘The Cause’ operates.  I have to make special mention of his match with Nate Travis at the Memorial show in June.  As a green and inexperienced rookie, you would never ‘normally’ see Nate being thrust into a key main event, but Dave’s work that night made for a dramatically tense, deeply emotional and excitingly compelling story-based match.  Everything about the occasion just worked and Nate came out looking like a hero.  The Cause will surely crumble before long, at which point Rayne’s story will probably have been told, but he really has been great as the key to this angle over the past 2 years.

• Paid Members

No. 40 - Wild Boar

Twitter: @WILDBOARhitch

UKFF UK50 history:
42nd in 2013... 33rd in 2012... 30th in 2011.

Welsh Wrestling in Wales (duh)... Fight Club:Pro in Wolverhampton... ATTACK! Wrestling in Bristol, Cardiff & Dudley... Triple-X Wrestling in Coventry... Pro Wrestling Chaos in Bristol... CSF in Somerset... HOP:E in Nottingham.

wildboar.jpg

Photo credit: Grae Davidson (Y2Grae Photography) and Triple-X Wrestling

Fought ‘Flash’ Morgan Webster in multiple promotions, including a Tables match for CSF, a ‘Donkey Kong Barrel Brawl’ for ATTACK! And as part of a 3-way (with Mark Andrews) for NGW that aired nationwide on Challenge TV... Was part of the latest incarnation of the Damned Nation in Triple-X, where he battled lead babyfaces like Eddie Dennis and Devilman, as well as being the one selected to face ‘extreme legend’ Sabu in a main event contest last August... Beat The Babyfaced Pitbull for the Pro Wrestling 4U title... Reigned as the Scottish Junior Heavyweight Champion, beating Celtic Arrow, Robbie Solar and Scott Renwick on SWA shows... Featured in singles matches with Trent Seven and Robbie X for FC:P, as well as being entered in the 2013 ‘Infinity Trophy’ tournament... Won the bizarre ATTACK! Wrestling’s 24/7 Title as part of a Tidal Championship Wrestling show in Leeds...

UKFF says:
"The ultimate all rounder. Lightning fast, agile powerhouse who looks like he'll eat your baby"

"been quiet year for boar, apart from dragon Gate. Great match at NGW against Andrews and Webster and loving that he's trying sonething different with a face run at Pro Wrestling Chaos. Always a pleasure to watch"

Benny says:
Wild Boar is part of that group of wrestlers that appear for those promotions like Pro Wrestling Kingdom, Pro Wrestling Chaos, Kamikaze Pro, ATTACK!, Fight Club, Triple-X, the Birmingham SWA and others that all seem to have the exact same cast, which amuses me for some reason.  I’ve always thought of him as decent whenever I’ve seen him over the years (mainly Triple-X, but also places like IPW:UK/RevPro, PROGRESS and this year’s Dragon Gate UK tour) and plays his roles of angry, serious little man very well.  The Sabu match from Triple-X was the first time I’d seen him put into the role of a solo headliner and, despite that match being marred by uncooperative tables, Boar was completely capable and put on a good show.  I’ve tended to see him on shows in front of more ‘smarter’ crowds, but I can just see that he’d be just fantastic on more ‘family friendly’ bills like Welsh Wrestling and the ilk.

• Paid Members

No. 39 - Mikey Whiplash

Twitter: @Michael_Gilbert_NGR

UKFF UK50 history:
15th in 2013... 13th in 2012... 13th in 2011... 33rd in 2010... 27th in 2009... 24th in 2008.

Insane Championship Wrestling in Glasgow (and touring)... British Championship Wrestling in Lanarkshire/Ayrshire... Scottish Wrestling Alliance in Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire... HXC in Manchester... PROGRESS Wrestling in London.

Whiplash.jpg

Photo credit: David J Wilson & Insane Championship Wrestling

Stood as the simultaneous reigning ICW Heavyweight Champion, SWA Scottish Heavyweight Champion and BCW Tag Team Champion (with Jack Jester), then added the ICW Zero-G title to his haul by virtue of defeating Wolfgang... Dropped the Zero-G title to Mark Coffey and the BCW tag straps to Just Uz (BT Gunn & Stevie Xavier) in short order, then lost the ICW Heavyweight title to long-time rival Jack Jester in the bloody feature contest of the annual ‘Fear and Loathing’ supercard... Eventually lost the Scottish Heavyweight Title to Joe Coffey in the Steel Cage main event of SWA’s 10th Anniversary event in April... Fought US indie star Davey Richards in October for HXC and ZERO-1’s Ryouji Sai in April for SWA... Arrived in PROGRESS to contest an excellent match with Tommy End but then returned as the stripped-down, super-serious plain Michael Gilbert, declaring war on gimmicks, entertainment and daftness.  This no-nonsense stance has brought him into conflict with Eddie Mysterio, El Ligero, Mad Man Manson and RJ Sting/Singh Cara/RJ Singh...

UKFF says:
(no supporting comments received)

Benny says:
I’m familiar with Whiplash from his previous work in All-Star, IPW:UK and others and there is no doubting his quality.  Given the main body of his work now takes place in Scotland, I haven’t really had much chance to see any of his recent stuff apart from when he has been down for PROGRESS.  If I was seeing him on a regular basis, I’d imagine I’d have him pegged as Top 10 easily.  The no fanciness, no gimmicks Michael Gilbert, erm, gimmick hasn’t really hit home yet in PROGRESS.  The whole idea is that he’s purposefully having these matches that are completely boring, which makes him stand out as the bad guy.  In his character’s mind, he’s having these technically flawless, efficient wrestling matches, but it’s designed to raise the ire of the audience since everyone else in PROGRESS is trying to be as exciting and thrilling as possible.  It’s more apathy than resentment at present, but it is early days of the storyline and I’m interested to see if there is actually a long-term direction with it.  I also maintain that shouting “GIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...............BEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTT!!” in an annoying a voice as possible is just about the greatest fun you can have at a wrestling show.  It’s also amusing to see him wade into Facebook arguments, decrying shitarsery in all its forms (which, in all fairness, as far as he is concerned probably includes the very idea of a UKFF UK50)...

• Moderators

I’ve tended to see him on shows in front of more ‘smarter’ crowds, but I can just see that he’d be just fantastic on more ‘family friendly’ bills like Welsh Wrestling and the ilk.

He is. 

• Paid Members

No. 38 - Sha Samuels

Twitter: @Shasamuels

UKFF UK50 history:

44th in 2013... 24th in 2011... 30th in 2010... 35th in 2009... 37th in 2008... 42nd in 2007... 20th in 2006.

IPW:UK in Kent... Revolution Pro Wrestling in the south-east...4FW in Swindon... WrestleForce in Harlow.

Samuels.jpg

Photo credit: David J Wilson & Insane Championship Wrestling

"EAST!!"... 'East End Butcher' had lost his RevPro British title earlier in 2013, but still held the IPW:UK World and 4FW British Heavyweight Championships coming into this year's UKFF UK50 period... Defended his 4FW strap in a 2-out-of-3 falls bout against Eddie Ryan at 'Ultimate Supremacy 2013', but eventually lost it to Ryan at 'WrestleWar' in a handicap match in which Sha was joined by manager Gilligan Gordon... Headed-up the New Firm in IPW:UK, consisting of Paul Ryker, James Davis and Rob Lynch... Feud with Greg Burridge and Brian The DJ on the 'IPW:UK vs. London School of Lucha Libre' shows was ridiculously fun... Beat Grado to retain his IPW:UK title at that promotion's 9th anniversary event at Broxbourne, then KIDNAPPED Paul Robinson that same night.  Robinson then dethroned Sha for the belt in Swnaley on the year-end show... Went to the semi-finals of IPW:UK's British National Championship tournament, where he was eliminated by Rampage Brown...

Continued to be a major player over in RevPro, contesting singles bouts with Carlito, Doug Williams, Chuck Taylor and Mark Andrews, and facing Ultimo Dragon in a 4-way... Reformed former favourite tag team The Kartel with the returning Terry Frazier, with the duo becoming part of Marty Scurll's 'Revolutionists' heel group.  Made an on-the-spot challenge to RevPro Tag Team Champions Ricochet & Rich Swann at the conclusion of their defence against The Young Bucks, then defeated them for the titles in an impromptu bout.  Lost those belts straight to former NXT stars Martin 'Danny Burch' Stone & Joel 'Oliver Grey' Redman at the 'Summer Sizzler' spectacular at York Hall, Bethnal Green... Appears as 'Sirius' in the completely unique WrestleForce promotion at Harlow Playhouse, where he beat The Rage for the Championship but dropped it to Jynx... More recently, has become somewhat of a regular for ICW, PROGRESS and PCW.

UKFF says:

"For my money still the top wrestling heel in the UK. Sha is not afraid to make his babyface opponent look fantastic at his own expense. He bumps around and looks foolish for anyone he wrestles always elevating the guy hes against. In a day and age where heels want to be cool Sha Samuels is a dying breed"

Benny says:

I have to agree with the UKFFer's comment above, really.  The best thing about Sha is that he is a no-nonsense, no-frills, nothing fancy, rough-house brawling heelish thug.  He can be mean and menacing, as his stuff in The Revolutionists shows, but can also play the fool and a straight man for a more comedic opponent.  His feud with Greg Burridge, Brian The DJ and Front Row Granny on the 'IPW:UK vs. London School of Lucha Libre' series of mini-shows, for instance, was shamelessly ridiculous fun.

• Paid Members

No. 37 - Jim Diehard

Twitter: @HenchmenWrestling
Entrance theme: ‘We Fight for Love’ – The Power Station

UKFF UK50 history:
None

Triple-X Wrestling in Coventry... Great Bear Promotions in Cheshire.

Diehard.jpg
Photo credit - Grae Davidson (Y2Grae Photography) & Triple-X Wrestling

Previously known as both JekkeL and Quentin Hyde-Styles, ‘The Unit’ Jim Diehard now teams with ‘The Toolshed’ Benton Destruction to form ‘The Henchmen’, a parody of coke-snorting, pill-popping, bumbag-wearing, Gold’s Gym-visiting 80s/early 90s American wrestling superstars.  As their catchphrase goes, they’re “all about pumping iron and pounding beers”... Upon hearing they were to be challenged by the new Tartan Mafia of Adam Shame & Grado, Jim & Benton took to destroying Iron Bru, shortbread and even Scotch eggs before beating them in a supremely entertaining match at Triple-X’s August 2013 show... The Henchmen then headed into a feud with Tipton tag team The Hunter Brothers, kick-started by the chair-swinging disqualification end to their bout in November.  Cheated out of a win in a fantastic Tables match in January, the Henchmen gained their revenge in defeating the Hunters in a wild Bar Room Brawl at Wrestle***** in April... With Benton side-lined by injury, Diehard went alone to fight Chase Alexander, before finding an adequate replacement in ‘The Freak’ Rob Terry to form the New Henchmen for the ‘King of the Royal Summer Mania Series’ this August...

UKFF says:
"Showing that he's not just a (brilliant) gimmick, Diehard's had a run of great matches in Triple X this year as part of The Henchmen, especially the tables match and bar room brawl against The Hunter Brothers. A welcome breath of fresh air amongst a sea of kickpads."

"Behind the scenes, this guy pioneered an approach that everyone from ICW, to PROGRESS, to ATTACK are currently enjoying, whether they realise it or not"

Benny says:
This guy has been around forever and has always been a cult favourite, but never have I been as entertained by him as I am under his current persona.  It has all come together and clicks, and the character translates perfectly into what they are trying to achieve in their matches.  With me being someone who has always believed more in character and entertainment than actual ‘wrestling’, Diehard and the Henchmen always strike a chord with me.  If you get chance, check out their spoof shoot interview trailer on YouTube, which is a spot-on parody of an early 90s former WWF superstar shoot.  It isn’t all comedy, though, as their Triple-X feud with the Hunters was evidence that they are still more than capable of putting on a dramatic and compelling brawling-style match.

• Paid Members

No. 36 - CJ Banks
Twitter: @cjbanks1988
Entrance theme: ‘Get It On The Floor (Instrumental)’ - DMX

UKFF UK50 history:
17th in 2013... 22nd in 2012... 18th in 2011... 17th in 2010... 13th in 2009... 42nd in 2008... 47th in 2007.

Grand Pro Wrestling in Wigan... Infinite Promotions in Liverpool... House Of Pain: Evolution in Nottingham... Great Bear Promotions in Cheshire.

banks.jpg

Photo credit - Tony Knox & Infinite Promotions

Held Infinite Promotions’ version of the Heavyweight Title for the entire eligibility period, feuding with the ‘Hubba Bubba Lucha’ pairing of Bubblegum & El Ligero in both singles and tag matches (including beating ‘Gum in a Steel Cage match).  Subsequent defences have included T-Bone, The Babyfaced Pitbull, Uhaa Nation and big hometown favourite Zack Gibson... Was the top contender to the GPW Heavyweight Title following his 30-man rumble win earlier in the year, but was defeated by champion Cyanide at the promotion’s 10th anniversary show last July. Has spent 2014 engaged in a war of both holds and words with ‘The Grappler’ Jack Gallagher, based around which of them is the better ‘pound-for-pound best’ technical wrestler.  Over the course of the feud, Banks has increasingly gained and accepted the support of the audience, to the point to the point he is now a fully-fledged fan favourite in GPW for the first time in years... Engaged in a rivalry with ‘Special Edition’ Joseph Connors for HOP:E, including a ‘Best of Five’ series... Participated in PBW’s annual ‘King of the Cruisers’ match at the ‘Maximum Impact’ supershow... Went to the final of Great Bear’s Junior Heavyweight Cup, losing out to Tyler Bate in the 30way final.

UKFF says:
"Pound for pound the best wrestler in the UK, and pound for pound the best uppercutter in the world!!!"

"his feud at HOPE with Joseph Conners has been top notch thus far"

Benny says:
After being one of the top heels in the promotion for years, his babyface turn in GPW was perfect.  There wasn’t a specific ‘incident’ that suddenly caused his attitude to do a complete 180, since that wouldn’t have fit with his character.  Instead, he was matched with fellow bad guy Jack Gallagher in a contest laid out to get the fans to pick Banks as ‘their guy’ over Jack.  From there, Banks would acknowledge the fan support slightly more each month, going from completely ignoring them, to nods of approval, to tentative slapping of hands, and so on.  In the matches themselves, he would start to feed off the chanting and clapping ever so slightly more each time.  All of that has now got to the point where he is an out-and-out good guy.  His GPW matches over the course of the year against Cyanide, Gallagher, Dylan Roberts, Martin Kirby and El Ligero have been really strong.  I see it as a shame that he isn’t in PCW anymore (last appearing in the spectacular Money in the Bank Ladder match last August, I believe), but I also caught him once for Infinite Promotions last October, where he carried off the role of lead heel champion wonderfully.

• Paid Members

No. 35 - Paul Robinson
Twitter: @PR_WRESTLING
Entrance theme: ‘Let 'Em Come’ – Scroobious Pip ft. Sage Francis & P.O.S.

UKFF UK50 history:
None

PROGRESS Wrestling in London... IPW:UK in Kent... Future Pro Wrestling in London... Revolution Pro Wrestling in London/Kent.

robinson.jpg

Photo credit - 'Big' Rob Brazier & PROGRESS Wrestling

Began the UKFF UK50 eligibility period as one half of the RPW British Tag Team Champions with his ‘Swords of Essex’ partner Will Ospreay, then added the FPW tag straps to the collection by way of a tournament win.  Swords defended the RevPro titles against the London Riots and Mark Haskins & ‘Fake Ligero’ Josh Bodom before coming unstuck against international stars Ricochet & Rich Swann (the ‘Inner City Machineguns’) in a reportedly show-stealing bout at York Hall in London... The Essex duo also fought former TNA combo Jay Lethal & Sonjay Dutt, and Robinson alone fought Jap-Lucha legend Ultimo Dragon as part of a 4-way... Feud with The New Firm in IPW:UK led to him being KIDNAPPED following his bout with Paul Ryker at the ‘9th Anniversary Show’, but presumably escaped somehow and went on to defeat Firm head honcho Sha Samuels for the IPW:UK World Title in December.  Defended against the likes of Andy Boy Simmonz and Mexican Eagle before German star ‘Bad Bones’ John Klinger dethroned him at ‘Royale Rewards’...

Beat Eddie Dennis to reach the final of PROGRESS Wrestling’s Natural Progression Series, but was beaten by Mark Andrews in the decider at ‘Chapter 10’.  As empowered by the tournament win, Andrews elected to bring Robinson’s partner Will Ospreay back into PROGRESS, then the Swords of Essex tore the house down against Mandrews & Dennis at the next show as part of the tag team title tournament.  Shockingly walked out on Ospreay as part of a 4-way elimination tag title contenders’ match at ‘Chapter 13: Unbelievable Jeff!’, then assisted Jimmy Havoc in retaining the PROGRESS Championship over Andrews in the main event to reveal he had joined Havoc’s anti-PROGRESS ‘Regression’ group.  Since then, has got himself purposefully disqualified on multiple occasions in order to dodge a vengeful Ospreay...

UKFF says:
"Paul Robinsons best year in quite some time. His tag team with Will Osprey has had some great matches with both UK talent and international talent. Also excelled in single competition whether matching high flying skills or playong underdog to a larger opponent"

"Started of on a high with an amazing match with Mark Andrews at progress chapter 10 and chapter 11 and also the match with the inner city machine guns at rev pro high stakes are particular highlights for me and i am very interested in him now he has turned heel and turned against ospreay"

Benny says:
I’ve been seeing Robinson on a consistent basis over the last 18 months or so for the first time since 2006-2008 (after which he scaled back his appearances, then returned).  I haven’t seen the highly-regarded RevPro tag against the Inner City Machineguns, but the PROGRESS tag against Andrews & Dennis was fan-bl**dy-tastic.  The 8-man tag team bout at RevPro’s October York Hall show and the 4-way tag team elimination match at PROGRESS ‘Chapter 13’ (both involving Swords of Essex, Project Ego, London Riots and Mark Haskins, and switching Sha Samuels and Josh ‘Ligero’ Bodom) were also both hugely enjoyable spotfest-style matches, but there has always been something about Robinson that has stopped me wanting to fully cheer for him as a good guy.  I was therefore somewhat pleased to see his turn at the end of the aforementioned PROGRESS bout, since his 2007-8 bad guy run in IPW:UK (which included the founding of the original Leaders of the New School) was absolutely brilliant.  It is different this time though, since while that previous run found him as an annoying, whining cocky little pr*ck, his work in Regression is much more intense and aggressive.  Like virtually every other follower of PROGRESS, I cannot wait for Ospreay to get his hands on him in a one-on-one setting.  It’s going to come, and it’s going to be awesome.

• Paid Members

No. 34 - Lee Hunter

Twitter: @JimnLeeHunter

Entrance theme: 'The Air That I Breathe' - All That Remains

UKFF UK50 history:
31st in 2013... 44th in 2012...

Regulation promotions in period:
Fight Club: Pro in Wolverhampton... Southside Wrestling Entertainment in Hertfordshire & East Midlands...Triple-X Wrestling in Coventry...Kamikaze Pro in Birmingham... ATTACK! Wrestling in Birmingham/Cardiff/Bristol... Leicester Championship Wrestling in Leicestershire... Pro Wrestling Kingdom in Birmingham.

leehunter.jpg

Photo credit - Grae Davidson & Triple-X Wrestling

As one half of the Hunter Brothers tag team, Lee's exploits this year have already been fully covered in the write-up of Jim Hunter back at No. 43...

UKFF says:

"Definitely the more intense of The Hunter Bros., both on the mic and in the ring. Both brothers are so close in terms of skill, but, but Lee just edges it for me"

"slightly holds the edge over his brother but there isn't much in it... both guys are immense and the best tag team in the UK"

"The hunters can make a card - example Elite Wrestling Rugby this year. Their matches in FCP and Southside have been excellent and the ATTACK!! Pro Press Start 2 match was great"

Benny says:

See previous comments at No. 43...

• Paid Members

No. 33 - Dean Allmark
Twitter: ???
Entrance theme: ‘It’s Like That’ – Run-DMC vs. Jason Nevins

UKFF UK50 history:
14th in 2013... 29th in 2012... 42nd in 2011.

All-Star Wrestling (nationwide touring)... Preston City Wrestling in, you’ve guessed it, Preston...

deano.jpg

Photo credit - Gordon Harris & Preston City Wrestling

Has continued to appear as the lead good guy for Brian Dixon’s All-Star Wrestling, performing in town halls, theatres and holiday camps across the country...  Held the Superslam Wrestling Heavyweight Title and faced the likes of Tony Spitfire, Sam Adonis (brother of NXT’s Corey Graves), Rampage Brown, Nathan Cruz, Robbie Dynamite, James Mason, Thunder and The Hooligans... After debuting there earlier in 2013, became a firm favourite in PCW and was thrust into high profile contests including the 6-way Money in the Bank Ladder match in August, teaming with Ultimo Dragon in October and facing Kevin Steen as part of a terrific November 4-way... Scored as massive win over Japanese junior heavyweight pioneer Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger in one of the feature contests of the ‘Supershow 3’ weekender... Linked-up with fellow All-Star regular Robbie Dynamite to form ‘DNA’ for a couple of tag bouts... Battled Cruiserweight champion Bubblegum over the spring and summer in both singles action and various 6-man and 8-man tags... Appeared as part of Southside Wrestling Entertainment’s annual ‘Speed King’ tournament in April, though lost to regular opponent Martin Kirby in the first round... After the end of the 2014 eligibility period, represented All-Star Wrestling in Japan as part of WRESTLE-1’s ‘Impact!’ event, earning strong reviews for his performance.

UKFF says:
(No supporting comments received)

Benny says:
I haven’t been able to see Deano in All-Star this time, due to them not coming anywhere near me on their schedule this year, but have seen plenty of him at PCW, where it seems him and Martin Kirby are thrown into every 3-way, 4-way and 6-way going.  That’s not necessarily a bad thing since, much like Kirby and Joey Hayes, Allmark and Kirby seem to be incapable of having a bad match against each other and their interaction is a good reason why those PCW multi-ways are always so exciting.

I just don't see how anyone (apart from air_raid's mate, it seems...) could not like this guy: he comes out to a hugely well-known, super-clapable pop song, with a permanent cheesey grin on his face, bouncing all over the ring wearing colourful Union Jack shorts with the massively-chantable 'DEANO' emblazoned on the rear.  What more could you want from a wrestler?

Archived