2014 UKFF UK50 - STAGE TWO

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

A great many thanks to all of those that took the time to submit their nominations as part of Stage One.  If you're late to the show, you can read all about that here.

I can confirm that an total of 139 individual wrestlers were nominated at least once.  Some wrestlers (including Sam Bailey, Keith Myatt, "Local Jobber #2" and, surprisingly, Lionheart and Nathan Cruz) only received that one single nomination, whereas the most-nominated individuals received more than 20.

Also, for the first ever time in the 10-year history of this project, the tally of the nominations has resulted in a clear straight 50 wrestlers immediately earning their place in the UKFF UK50 itself.  In other words, there were not a number of wrestlers tied on the same number of nominations for the limited places available, so this year we do not need to run the usual Stage Two 'vote off'.

The 50 wrestlers who have made it into this year's UKFF UK50 are:

(alphabetical order)

Ashton Smith

Bubblegum

CJ Banks

Cyanide

Damian Dunne

Danny Hope

Dave Mastiff

Dave Rayne

Dean Allmark

Doug Williams 

Eddie Dennis

El Ligero

'Flash' Morgan Webster

Grado

Jack Gallagher

Jack Jester

James Davis

James Mason

Jim Diehard

Jim Hunter

Jimmy Havoc

Joe Coffey

Joey Hayes

Joseph Connors

Josh Bodom

Kay Lee Ray

Kris Travis

Lee Hunter

Liam Thomson

Mad Man Manson

Mark Andrews

Mark Haskins

Martin Kirby

Marty Scurll

Mikey Whiplash / Michael Gilbert

Noam Dar

Paul Robinson

Pete Dunne

Rampage Brown

Rob Lynch

Robbie X

Sha Samuels

Stixx

T-Bone

Tyler Bate

Wild Boar

Will Ospreay

Xander Cooper

Zack Gibson

Zack Sabre Jr.

What this means, of course, is that Rockstar Spud, MK McKinnan, Nathan Cruz, Nikki Storm, April Davids, Wolfgang, Damon Leigh, Sam Bailey, Lionheart, Johnny Moss, Red Lightning, Darrell Allen and Mark Coffey all lose their places in the UKFF UK50, to be replaced by Ashton Smith, Doug Williams, Morgan Webster, James Mason, Jim Diehard, Jimmy Havoc, Joseph Connors, Josh Bodom, Paul Robinson, Tyler Bate, Xander Cooper and the London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch).

So, as usual, we are now faced with the task of ranking these 50 into order of merit.  Commence Stage Two...

Stage Two - The Rankings

Stage One was about nominating any 15 people who you felt deserved a place somewhere in the UKFF UK50. In Stage Two, however, I need to know who from the list of 50 you believe to be the out-and-out best. I need your own personal actual Top 15.

1) As with Stage One, send a PM to myself on the UKFF. E-mails/Facebook messages/etc will not be accepted.  Feel free to share your nominations in this thread if you so desire, for the purposes of generating discussion/debate, but I will only count lists that I receive in my PM Inbox.

2) Again, as with Stage One, your PM should contain a list of up to 15 wrestlers. The difference this time, however, is that your list must be ranked in order from 1 to 15 (1 being the best) on who you believe to be the best, based on the criteria we have been using throughout:

Upon what criteria are the rankings based?

All the way through the process, nominations and votes should be made based on British wrestlers' in-ring performances you have seen on shows that took place between 1 July 2013 and 30 June 2014. The key points around which the rankings, nominations and votes are based include:

- whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling?

- who is consistently involved in great matches?

- who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance?

- whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match?

- who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances?

3) Obviously, you can only vote for wrestlers included in the list of 50 shown above.

4) You can vote for less than 15 if you like, but definitely no more. If possible, please also include your reasons for giving these wrestlers the ranking you have. This could be just a sentence to justify their selection or point out particular matches, promotions or shows upon which you have based your decision. As with previous years, I'll be using some of these comments in the eventual write-ups.

5) Make sure you get your PM in to me by 23:59 on Friday 22 August 2014. Votes received after this deadline will not be counted.

Anyone suspected of using dual accounts or other unfair methods to weight the list or make mockery of the spirit of the project may be excluded at my discretion.

As always, please feel absolutely free to debate, justify, reason and explain your choices in this thread. You could even take advantage of the new UKFF functionality to embed some YouTube videos to back up your selections? Also, let's hear you predictions as to who you think is going to have a good showing this year, who will drop down the rankings, who will be the surprise packages, and so on.

Wondering about the Shit List?  Well, your nominations have been received and I'll be revealing some of those later on along with the main list during the countdown.

That's all I need to say for now, so once again it's over to you!

Thanks,

Ben

• Paid Members

Shit man, I forgot Local Jobber #2!

Don't worry, I think it's more apt that he was nominated but didn't place.

Really great list this year, there looks to be a real mix of UK talent from all over. Of course there's guys that should probably be on there that aren't, but with only 50 spots and the scene being a strong as it is it's obviously impossible for everyone to be included.

As for who's gonna do well this year I can see Mark Andrews & Pete Dunne placing quite highly. With great work they're doing in just about every promotion in the UK they're quickly becoming this generation's Jonny & Jody. I'd imagine most of the boys involved in PROGRESS will do quite well this year, and rightly so.

• Moderators

James Mason got in there! Marvellous. Be it Blue Eye James Mason, the villainous Thunderbolt James Mason, and some people have rumoured he's Tagori (but I don't see it). He's still the best in the UK, if not Europe. A real total package, can walk into any hall in the country cold and get over as rover in 2 minutes be it heel or babyface.

James Mason got in there! Marvellous. Be it Blue Eye James Mason, the villainous Thunderbolt James Mason, and some people have rumoured he's Tagori (but I don't see it). He's still the best in the UK, if not Europe. A real total package, can walk into any hall in the country cold and get over as rover in 2 minutes be it heel or babyface.

This. I would like to say I'm surprised he's never been to WWE but I know for a fact he makes a nice living doing what he's doing. Top bloke too for that's worth.

• Paid Members

Hey everyone,

You have ONE WEEK left to submit your votes in this year's UKFF UK50, if you haven't already.

Thanks to those who have already done so, and especially thanks for all the comments you have been sending in in support of your votes.  I always enjoy reading those and, as ever, will use some in the eventual write-ups.

This. I would like to say I'm surprised he's never been to WWE but I know for a fact he makes a nice living doing what he's doing. Top bloke too for that's worth.

He did have one match in WWE, if he's the guy I'm thinking of. In fact, he beat MVP!

Archived