The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

Ah arse, Im dying to get to one of these shows but if July is already sold out I don't fancy my chances of much luck

When would the next show after that go on sale, roughly?

Tickets tend to go on sale for the next show in a certain venue (Camden, Manchester, Birmingham) at 10pm the day after the last show there. So, there's a Camden show coming up this Sunday - tickets to the 26 Feb Camden show will therefore go on sale 10pm Monday night.

Next Manchester show is 19 March, so tickets to the 14 May Manchester show will probably go on sale 10pm Monday 20 March.

There are exceptions to that rule, though, particularly if it's the SSS16 weekender or the first show in a new venue - they'll tend to go on sale earlier since they helpfully assume people need more time to make arrangements.

If it's specifically Birmingham that you want to go to, 9 July is their only currently scheduled show there left in 2017.

sweet thanks, I'll look to book the upcoming Camden one I think.

I take it Brum is their 'home' where the biggest cards are then. Still excited to attend, but how do the in-between shows stack up in comparison? They seem like they'll be pretty consistent generally, as a promotion

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

The different types of PROGRESS shows are as follows:

- Brixton.  Annual biggest show of the year (Took place for first time in Sep 2016, but planned for Sep 2017 again). "WrestleMania/Superbowl"

- Camden.  The main monthly shows.

- Manchester/Birmingham/Sheffield.  They'll go to one of these places every 2 months (Manchester 4 times a year, Birmingham twice, nothing announced for Sheffield this year yet).  'Touring' shows out and about away from Camden.  Supposedly equal importance in terms of storylines.

- ENDVR.  Occasional lower-tier shows featuring a handful of main roster regulars, but mainly featuring the advancing members of the ProJo training school (and some external guests).

- PTNTL.  Trainee shows.

Edited by Big Benny HG

What isn't clear, is why Progress are still advertising him for the title match on Sunday. They've already put South Pacific Power Trip in a non-title match (again) when they're the number contenders to the tag belts, so presumably Moustache Mountain aren't there. Progress are either aware of something we're not and he's still coming on his own or they're being daft and continuing to false advertise him.

I could seem them using it to further the storyline, and hiding behind the fact the tickets were sold before they announced a line up. Still seems a bad idea though.

They did set the storyline in place that he's only interested in going to the WWE and is using the PROGRESS belt as a means to an end. If he "no-showed" a title match, and went over to WWE, it's not like it hasn't been booked that he would be the person to do that. With the relationship- between the 2 companies being shown at the last show, I doubt PROGRESS are in the dark over it, and will have something planned if Peter isn't there

• Paid Members

The Observer today has indicated what most believe - that Pete Dunne looks to be flying out for NXT/Rumble weekend with Bate and Seven. Explains why he's off WXW and the WAR podcast with the other two on Saturday.

What isn't clear, is why Progress are still advertising him for the title match on Sunday. They've already put South Pacific Power Trip in a non-title match (again) when they're the number contenders to the tag belts, so presumably Moustache Mountain aren't there. Progress are either aware of something we're not and he's still coming on his own or they're being daft and continuing to false advertise him.

I could seem them using it to further the storyline, and hiding behind the fact the tickets were sold before they announced a line up. Still seems a bad idea though.

For what it's worth, I believe Pete Dunne will still be at PROGRESS on Sunday as advertised.

I believe WWE pulled him from the live WAR podcast on Saturday because (even though it was arranged before he signed), it wasn't an approved appearance arranged through WWE's PR office, and I believe that WWE pulled him from the wXw show Saturday night because it's going to air on FloSlam (just as they did last week with IPW:UK, & are doing with Lucha Future).

I also believe Meltzer's sources are actually probably correct (& they usually are) that some of WWE's UK talent is going to be flown out to San Antonio this weekend, probably shown on camera at NXT, & possibly even champ Tyler Bate in the Royal Rumble itself. Dave has assumed or been told that one of them is Pete Dunne, but I reckon that's not correct and he's staying back to do PROGRESS.

With the Birmingham shows. Yes, they could easily get a couple hundred more having the balcony open, but it's a matter of sorting out with the venue since they agree on a license on how many they have in/should expect which was 700. Same as Camden's capacity. Guess it's just more expensive and a matter of if they'd make enough to justify it. With the atmosphere Chapter 42 had, who needs it?

Smallman said view of ring is poor from balcony after about one row, that's why they don't want to open it further for Birmingham

Can confirm. We sat in the front row right in the middle to do commentary, and could only just see the nearest apron. Further back you can only see the stage, which makes sense for normal gigs! But it doesn't work for wrestling. All the seating in the balcony is fixed fold down seats.

Skipped through freedom road, and wasn't to my tastes. I see what they are going for, And I expect will become more believable, but the haircut stuff just came across a bit too on the cheesy side for me. It's a side to progress not often seen , will be good for the Trainee's to get experience on a side they rarely run in terms of skits etc.

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members

Really, really enjoyed Chapter 43 tonight.

The first half built gradually to an excellent Ringkampf vs South Pacific Power Trip finale, the Thunderbastard match had twists and turns and a great choice of winner, and while I never thought the main event was ending cleanly, having Morgan Webster and Mark Haskins ready to return and apparently clear to compete is a massive shot in the arm for the product right now.

Roll on next month.