The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

SSS16 draw looks awesome. Hoping for a Haskins vs End final, and just really hoping Whiplash doesn't beat Haskins, to end up facing End in the final instead going off the ending of the last chapter

• Paid Members

I only went to night 2. Incredible show with only the somewhat short main event being a bit of a let down. Personally I would have preferred Gibson vs End for the final.

Gibson/Gallagher, Hero/Walter, Gibson/Andrews and Hero/End were 4 of the best matches I've ever seen live. That they were all on the same show is quite the feat. Hero in particular was a complete star. It's a shame he has the genetics of a fatty, if he was in better shape he'd definitely be a big player in WWE. 

I only went to night 2. Incredible show with only the somewhat short main event being a bit of a let down. Personally I would have preferred Gibson vs End for the final.

Gibson/Gallagher, Hero/Walter, Gibson/Andrews and Hero/End were 4 of the best matches I've ever seen live. That they were all on the same show is quite the feat. Hero in particular was a complete star. It's a shame he has the genetics of a fatty, if he was in better shape he'd definitely be a big player in WWE. 

My thoughts were exactly the same about Chris Hero, god he could move for a big guy - totally changed my opinion on him.

Honorable mentions go to Andrews/Hero, Riots/Origin and Walter/Mastiff from night one. 

Seeing a Futureshock Main Event 200 miles down south was great to see, Gibson is bloody brilliant in his role - Weeeeerrrrrrrrrrlddddd

Well worth the journey frm Manchester. That was absolutely amazing. MAndrews vs Hero was absolutely the best match I've ever seen. Chris Hero ain't nothing to fuck with. Absolute MVP of the weekend. Can't wait to see him again in Manchester

• Paid Members

Yeah, I have done Sussex - Manchester - Sussex in a day twice, because I am mental. I was back in London by 10pm in the evening.

On a different topic, I watched Chapter 29: Practically PROGRESS In Every Way on demand last night, with the two Global Cruiserweight Series matches, an intriguing mystery partner women's tag match, the Natural Progression Series final, two ATLAS title (205lb+) group stage bouts, The Origin vs FSU & London Riots which was as crazy as you would expect but also heavily storyline driven and based on strong characters, and Marty Scurll vs Tommy End for the PROGRESS title.

I think Jack Gallagher vs Pete Dunne was actually my favourite bout on the show, but there were really no weak links, the whole show nicely developed stories into Super Strong Style 16 (night 1 of which also went up on demand last night) and I actually ended up watching the whole show in one go when I planned on watching it in bits.

This was the first chapter show I didn't attend in person, it's good to know the on demand service is so solid.

Watched Day 1 of SSS16 last night, can't wait for day 2 to go up!

Really enjoyed Hero v Andrews, Rampage v End and the last few minutes of Riots v Origin were brilliant.

That pop when they even played the Riots music was completely insane. Got to be one of the biggest I've ever seen from a UK show. Loved Joel taking out Ligero too, even though he no sold a bump in the corner that would have put most wrestling refs in a coma.

Going to the June Ritz show with the Mrs which will be her first indy show ...Her main takeaway from the bits if SSS we watched together seemed to be Chris Hero's Dad Bod though, not sure that bodes well!

• Paid Members

I've done the opposite route Liverpool-London quite a few times now. I was wary at first but Progress are really good about their start/finish times and it's usually a great (if long) day. Consider taking the day off work after.