The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

It was my first PROGRESS show yesterday and it was bloody fantastic. I had such a fun time. Such a cool atmosphere, set up and the staff were all great. Major thanks to all involved. Every match was good and my wife who isn't a wrestling fan at all had a blast and wants to go to the next show. Sadly I can't make today's show, hopefully they tighten up the top rope though, there were two scary moments yesterday where it looked like Roderick Strong and Ciampa could have been seriously hurt if they were unlucky. It was incredibly loose. I'm not particularly familiar with British wrestlers but I was seriously impressed by a lot of the guys. The crowd were rabid in the best possible way. I was a bit worried it'd be full of the smarky knobheads you get at Raw who chant for CM Punk and JBL to try and get themselves over but it wasn't the case. The crowd had both of us laughing all night long with their chants but it was all to enhance the show rather than take over it. It was funny to watch Roderick Strong trying not to laugh as the crowd chanted "He's got shit boots on his feet".

Only negative was when queuing outside two (I'm guessing) wrestlers coming out to do some filming with the crowd and were incredibly fucking annoying and unfunny. And screaming stuff like "SUCK OUR COCKS!" at full volume on Camden high street over and over with kids and families around is seriously not on.

Edited by LaGoosh

Can't believe the lack of reaction from the Weekend shows, I've been going to UK shows since 2002 and this weekender(with the Sunday in particular) being the best shows I've seen on these shows. Absolutely superb.

Ciampa/Sabre is definitely a match of the year candidate , the final was superb, both the semis were great and Strong/End from night one and the woman's hardcore match and the tag match were also awesome.

Top notch stuff.

Amazing weekend. I have zero faults with any of it. From start to finish every match was incredible. The people who have been calling Knox vs Banks on NXT a fantastic womans match (I'm one of them) need to watch the womans match from Monday, intense match up from two people I had never heard of before hand.

Ciampa and Strong were great and both seemed to enjoy being a part of the whole weekend. I hope they along with Big Daddy Walter come back.

Nathan Cruz has a fantastic look, never seen him before. Great shape and great ring gear.

Loved it all.

Like everyone else, I can't stress enough how good these two shows were. The second show may well be the best wrestling show in this country for years and years. Will be on demand towards the end of next week, you need to get it!

Chapter 20 will have tournament winner 

Will Ospreay getting one more chance against

Jimmy Havoc for the PROGRESS title. It will be no DQ, with both Regression and the London Riots at ringside. 

The event will also feature the second Thunderbastard match, the first of which you can watch on YouTube here:

• Paid Members

They seem incredibly happy with the Electric Ballroom and there's always a question of whether you lose something making that step up. PWG still run the same 400-seater they always have, despite 5-minute sell-outs. It probably wouldn't hurt to try it once, though...

They seem incredibly happy with the Electric Ballroom and there's always a question of whether you lose something making that step up. PWG still run the same 400-seater they always have, despite 5-minute sell-outs. It probably wouldn't hurt to try it once, though...

Exactly that. The atmosphere is such a huge part of promotions like PROGRESS and PWG that moving is not an easy decision. Running things like weekenders and more frequent shows (they're now doing every six weeks instead of every two months) may lessen that load a bit. 

Exactly that. The atmosphere is such a huge part of promotions like PROGRESS and PWG that moving is not an easy decision. Running things like weekenders and more frequent shows (they're now doing every six weeks instead of every two months) may lessen that load a bit.

Agree with the atmosphere thing for Progress. Surely soon though taking a risk on a show elsewhere, possibly the North West of England (hint, hint) would be worth a shot to see if its as popular elsewhere.

• Paid Members

Agree with the atmosphere thing for Progress. Surely soon though taking a risk on a show elsewhere, possibly the North West of England (hint, hint) would be worth a shot to see if its as popular elsewhere.

The north west of England that already has PCW doing similar numbers, and Futureshock selling out most of their Underground shows? Why tread on their toes?