The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

Hi. I wonder if anyone can please help me? Been hearing lots of good things about Progress (late to the game I know!) and thought I’d subscribe and check out some shows over Christmas. However when I try viewing on an iPad via the Safari browser the picture jumps regularly.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is their an app I can watch from? I don’t have any issues when streaming other content so the problem isn’t the device or connection.

• Paid Members
On 10/12/2017 at 12:10 PM, Colin Culk said:

Hi. I wonder if anyone can please help me? Been hearing lots of good things about Progress (late to the game I know!) and thought I’d subscribe and check out some shows over Christmas. However when I try viewing on an iPad via the Safari browser the picture jumps regularly.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is their an app I can watch from? I don’t have any issues when streaming other content so the problem isn’t the device or connection.

Had this problem a few years ago. Chrome should sort it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 12:10 PM, Colin Culk said:

Not sure if anyone else has had the same issues as me but it turns out it’s a major issue with IOS11 affecting many, but not all, users. Video playback in all major browsers and some apps is jumpy. Apple still haven’t fixed it in the 3 months since IOS11 was released. The workaround I have found is to use the Aloha browser, which plays videos fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Cheap but hopefully relevant plug - myself and PWPonderings Progress Reviewer Suit Williams, did a Progress 2017 Year in Review podcast for their site in conjunction with Indy Corner. Could be a good shout for anyone looking to jump into Progress or looking for recommendations of what to watch or not watch from the year. 

My enthusiasm for PROGRESS has dwindled over the last few months, probably since the culmination of SSS:16 from last year, but the card they've put together for their Chapter 62 show on Sunday is a proper banging line-up. Hopefully a good sign for 2018.

Travis Banks (c) v TK Cooper - PROGRESS World Championship 
Toni Storm (c) v Millie McKenzie - PROGRESS Women's Championship 
WALTER (c) v Timothy Thatcher - PROGRESS Atlas Championship 
Zack Sabre Jr v Trent Seven v Chris Brookes 
Jimmy Havoc & Mark Haskins v Mark Andrews & Danny Jones
Doug Williams v Flash Morgan Webster* 
Roy Johnson v Pastor William Eaver 
Chris Ridgeway v Omari - Natural Progression Series 1st Round 

• 3 weeks later...

Signed up to Demand Progress a couple of months back and working my way through the Chapters (upto Ch22). Whilst I am enjoying the shows themselves, the only real negative I've got with the whole thing is the commentary. Where I'm upto at the minute it's the two man team of Glen Jospeh and RJ Singh, and the pair of them are fucking atrocious.

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Signed up to Demand Progress a couple of months back and working my way through the Chapters (upto Ch22). Whilst I am enjoying the shows themselves, the only real negative I've got with the whole thing is the commentary. Where I'm upto at the minute it's the two man team of Glen Jospeh and RJ Singh, and the pair of them are fucking atrocious.

It gets worse. Calum Leslie, Matt Richards and RJ are fine but Glen Joseph is unbearable. With his ridiculous and unnecessary screaming

19 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

commentary on UK wrestling is always a bit of an issue for me. As a live event ive always enjoyed shows but i never feel it translates as well to video, commentary being the main factor.

For me Rev Pro has that problem, Andy Quilden constantly screaming into the microphone and Andy Simmonz who does a terrible and unfunny Bobby Heenen act.

38 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

For me Rev Pro has that problem, Andy Quilden constantly screaming into the microphone and Andy Simmonz who does a terrible and unfunny Bobby Heenen act.

I really like the 2 Andys, good chemistry, some fun insider stuff at times but not too much, and they don't detract at all for me. The latest Portsmouth show has Gideon Grey as co-comm, I particularly enjoyed his contempt for Aussie Open.