The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

13 hours ago, gadge said:

Good. Freaking. Lord. 

Today's show was insane. The London Riots are no more. Pete Dunne is a mental case. Keith Lee is a beast. Oh, and TK Cooper and Dahlia Black returned.

I'm off for a lie down. 

Yeah, after a slow first few matches, it hit lift off after the Riots match and never came down. A Great show, one of the most emotional ones since April's when TK, Dahlia and Paul Robinson all left!

52 minutes ago, Chris Brooker said:

That's what a wrestling show is all about. Wonderfully paced, built all the way through and delivered some truly incredible moments alongside the action.

Based on this I'm fairly sure the next PROGRESS show will sell out ten minutes before it goes on sale.

They all sell out in under 5 minutes nowadays. I'm going to have to get a season ticket for next year

Edited by zahidf

On 31 July 2017 at 3:38 PM, zahidf said:

They all sell out in under 5 minutes nowadays. I'm going to have to get a season ticket for next year

If these sellouts are anything to go by, it's going to be interesting to see how much next year's season tickets sell out in the renewal presale.

• Paid Members

All the good ones, I'm betting. Even with the price for individual shows going up to £30 for front row, a 12 show season ticket at £360 is something I've already budgeted for as the stress of 12 individual sales after being a season ticket holder for the last 2 years would infuriate me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Demand is there and I totally applaud what Progress has achieved to this point and to be able to run Allie Pallie and Wembley, but man oh man, really don't like the venue choice. Gonna be a pain doing the pilgrimage up that hill three days running, followed by obligatory half hour wait for beer. Would have preferred another venue in London in the 2,000-3,000 capacity range- Coronet?

Edited by AVM

It's a flat floor which kind of sucks. I wouldn't want to go if I was any further back than I was last time as I don't see how you'd see anything at mat level and with Season ticket holders taking up a large percentage of good tickets that's pretty likely. Not sure I'd want to half see matches for 3 days. Just because they can move doesn't mean they should. But good on them for how they've grown. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, AVM said:

Demand is there and I totally applaud what Progress has achieved to this point and to be able to run Allie Pallie and Wembley, but man oh man, really don't like the venue choice. Gonna be a pain doing the pilgrimage up that hill three days running, followed by obligatory half hour wait for beer. Would have preferred another venue in London in the 2,000-3,000 capacity range- Coronet?

It's not that big a hill, and there are buses that run every 5 minutes in both directions. The beer thing is more understandable, and you'd hope they'll adjust the plans on that, but ally pally is a cracking location with great transport links for the most part. 

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They're having the typical promoter mare on Twitter, being sarky about buses and having a nice walk. Yeah that's great advice for people who may not be able to afford it or have trouble walking. 

Well, I would say if these people can afford the ticket then they can afford a couple of quid for a bus/uber. From what I could see in September the people struggling could do with walking a little more. Its a 15-20 min walk from wood green. Anyone who isn't disabled and can't manage that needs to be having a word with themselves. 

Edited by chelsea2298