The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

Oh. My. The road to Alexandra Palace is well and truly on. 

Following Progress in July will be awkward if you want to do it live though, with shows in Cologne, Birmingham, Manchester and London!

CCK~!

I'm exhausted. More to follow.

My voice hurts. Great first time for me, hope its not long before I go again though will have to give tomorrow's tickets a miss unfortunately. Looking forward to watching this back, the main event had me bouncing up and down. 

Well deserved snooze now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Looking forward to tomorrow's show. It's a pretty stacked card. Travis Banks Vs Matt Riddle is a particular stand out to me, though.

Bit of a slow start here. The opening tag was excellent but the ref f*cked up on the finish (Roberts of course!)

TBone v. Mike Bird was fine but didn't feel like a Progress match, just a standard BritWres filler match. Crowd quiet.

The women's match started slow but kicked in half way through to a solid finish.

Banks v. Riddle was epic as you would expect.

Bit random, Moose is here with Ashton Smith. Sat near merch tables watching first half, not sure if they will be involved at all or just here for the show?

Second half opened with Deputy Dunne v. Gibson v. Sexsmith v. Mambo - a solid match but didn't really advance the storylines anywhere.

Pete Dunne v. Eddie Dennis was something special and War Machine v. Trent and Tyler was superb. Only slight criticism was that the matches had some similar spots and maybe not best suited to running back-to-back. The Dunne v. Dennis match might have been better to close the first half, with Banks v. Riddle in this spot, or the fatal four-way inbetween the two.

Now a rant. I got tickets for the next Manchester show today, it is always a bit of a mad rush to get them, but you can't blame Progress for being so popular. I've still not worked out the logic behind their midday sale time, but doesn't affect me too much.

What was annoying is that previously Gold tickets have covered rows 2 and 3 and the front row of the staging, so I ordered these again.

Now apparently they only cover rows 2/3, while the front row of the stage comes under Front Row tickets. Now apparently this change was announced along with their price rise on this blog post - but you would have to be pretty eagle eyed to notice it. There was no mention of it on the promo e-mail or tweets for the tickets, or at yesterday's show. On the tickets website, it no longer said 'front row of stage' on the gold tickets, but made no mention of it on Front Row tickets, so again many people wouldn't have seen that.

Now it won't be a big deal for most people, but there are about a dozen seats on that front row of the stage and if as I suspect a lot of people won't have seen that mention, there will be a dozen people trying to sit on those seats with Gold tickets and a dozen more who have purchased Front Row only to find they are stuck on the stage. Could lead to a bit of bad feeling.

I did tweet them about it, but got a rather curt reply directing me to that blog post.

I do worry that, given their massive popularity, they are eschewing customer service issues - like announcing that seating policy change more prominently - in the knowledge that if we don't come, the seats will quickly sell to someone else anyway.

I enjoy Progress and will go to the show and enjoy it, but it has left a bad feeling that I missed out on getting the seats I enjoyed, just because of a poorly advertised change of policy.

You made an assumption it wouldn't change, rather than checking what those seats covered before you ordered. Not sure what you expected them to do ?  They shared it before tickets went on sale, if you didn't see it that's not really on them. Lesson learned to check in future, but it's not really on PROGRESS that complaint. I don't go o shows and I seen it 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, ravman77 said:

I had a front row ticket for Sunday's Manchester show. When I got there, all the front row seats were occupied. Seems like some of the fans are happy to chant the one rule of Progress but are unable to follow it....

Did you bring it to anyone's attention? Find your seat & ask the person sitting in it to kindly move?

I noticed in Birmingham the other week, they had no wristbands on the seats as they normally do. I know I should really have brought this to someone's attention at the time, but it's easy and fair enough doing that. Find a seat, reserve it by taking it. Even though the first time, people still asked if seats were taken when they clearly weren't and I wasn't really in a position I was saving one. Did they not have any wristbands on Sunday either? 

5 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Did you bring it to anyone's attention? Find your seat & ask the person sitting in it to kindly move?

PROGRESS use un-allocated seats, which can mean situations like this can be a ballache. There's been occasions at their shows where everyone in a specific row has had to whip out their phone or their printed ticket to prove their sat in the right seat band.

Enjoyed the Manchester show on Sunday. The opener was a good choice, got the crowd invested and was worked well until the fucked finish. Bone and Bird was a bit bland and wholly forgettable. Di Matteo is one they need to work on a bit. Solid enough hand in the ring but there isn't much to her character, and she comes off as pretty generic consequently. Riddle vs Banks was as good as I'd hoped until the flat finish. It peeved me off a little also that Riddle, a babyface happily took advantage from a heel distraction to beat another babyface. Second half picked up nicely. Gibson's misuse in PROGRESS will never fail to annoy me but the four way was nice fun, Dennis/Dunne was my match of the night. A great mix of excellent character work and entertaining wrestling. Pete Dunne is so great. Main event was coming along nicely, a car crash environment War Machine would thrive in but again felt the finish came a bit flat. I felt though they'd used up all their big spots during the middle portion of the match, meaning the ending didn't really have the epic effect they were going for.

• Paid Members

Good. Freaking. Lord. 

Today's show was insane. The London Riots are no more. Pete Dunne is a mental case. Keith Lee is a beast. Oh, and TK Cooper and Dahlia Black returned.

I'm off for a lie down.