The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

Been announced by Regal that the Tyler Bate/Mark Andrews match for the Wrestlecon show will now have the WWE UK title on the line, making history as the first male title to ever be defended outside the company and the first period since Alundra Blayze faced Bull Nakano in Japan for the Women's title in 1994

Is that definitely true? Surely the WWF Junior Heavyweight Title which was the default NJPW Junior title in the 80s counts, or Shawn Michaels defending the IC belt in SMW in 95? Or am I missing something?

Wasn't the WWF Light Heavyweight Title part of the 1996 J Crown too?

The WWF Light Heavyweight Title was indeed defended in Japan as late as 1997, but WWE don't recognise the history of the title before their tournament later that year. If you're looking for the last time an equivalent to this happened, that Shawn Michaels match at SMW is the likely candidate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The final chapter show in Camden before Super Strong Style 16 is on Sunday.. it's one of those where the line-up doesn't look great on paper, but that probably means something crazy will happen. 

The British Strong Style vs Ringkampf 6-man main event with both the PROGRESS singles and tag titles on the line should be excellent at the very least. 

2 hours ago, gadge said:

The final chapter show in Camden before Super Strong Style 16 is on Sunday.. it's one of those where the line-up doesn't look great on paper, but that probably means something crazy will happen. 

The British Strong Style vs Ringkampf 6-man main event with both the PROGRESS singles and tag titles on the line should be excellent at the very least. 

I think the main event, Mark Andrews vs Mark Haskins and last SPPT tag match for a while should be good.

Well. In TK and Dahlia's cases. Hopefully they'll be back before too long as it was their Visas expiring. They're brilliant. Think they got to wait at least 6 months. But it's good they're getting some work Down Under and a wealth of experience they'll be taking with them to pass on. I'm sure Paul Robinson will have many a good word to do seminars with and Axel Dieter Jr will be the first German on my Pre-WWE Club,

Next up. Super Strong Style 16. For the first time, taking place across 3 days which is a good move as it's more space for the tournament to breathe as Day 2 is really packed as I noticed the first 2 had.

Already announced:

• Jack Sexsmith who defeated Robinson on Sunday to secure his spot.
  • Pastor William Eaver who ran the London Marathon on Sunday. Did it in just under 4 hours.

Looking forward to seeing who else they announce. I've got Mark Haskins and Jimmy Havoc down as my picks this year. Certainly think Mark would have won had he not been taken ill last year.

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

This turned out to be a good show. Emotional goodbyes to Dahlia and TK, Paul Robinson ( retiring due to blood clots) and Axel Dieter Jr (Off to NXT)

Gutted about these. Robinson was an excellent heel. Dahlia (<3) and TK were an excellent loathsome power couple, hopefully their work visas come through. 

Axel Dieter to NXT?! That's exciting as FUCK! but why is WALTER not joining him? Those two might be my favourite active tag team at the moment, both excellent on their own but truly just perfect partners.