All-Star Wrestling closing?

Syl

I have just heard a rumour that All-Star Wrestling's Brian Dixon will be retiring next year, and that the promotion will be closing/not running hall shows any more (maybe carry on with the holiday circuit). Does anyone know if this is the case? If true, it will leave a huge hole in the BritWres scene!

I believe their next show in Croydon isn't until October, and the Fairfield Hall shows are the only ones I go to now (not the LDN ones though- went once, and it was generally rotten).

I thought the same about the Allmarks, but my 'informant' (haha) seemed adamant that the last All-Star shows would be March/April next year. I hope this is not the case!

Gadge- Sorry, I meant that I would not be able to ask Brian until October, as I won't be going to any shows until then (have been going to Croydon for 20 years!)

I have just heard a rumour that All-Star Wrestling's Brian Dixon will be retiring next year, and that the promotion will be closing/not running hall shows any more (maybe carry on with the holiday circuit). Does anyone know if this is the case? If true, it will leave a huge hole in the BritWres scene!

I believe their next show in Croydon isn't until October, and the Fairfield Hall shows are the only ones I go to now (not the LDN ones though- went once, and it was generally rotten).

Pure rubbish - All Star have shows booked well into 2015 - There is a show at Skegness soon then no town shows until after the summer.

But All Star will be running hundreds of shows PER WEEK providing Wrestling for the Butlins and Haven Holiday camps

The All Star website has shows already booked with more being added all the time.

Who did you actually hear this from then ?

Pure rubbish - All Star have shows booked well into 2015 - There is a show at Skegness soon then no town shows until after the summer.

But All Star will be running hundreds of shows PER WEEK providing Wrestling for the Butlins and Haven Holiday camps

The All Star website has shows already booked with more being added all the time.

Who did you actually hear this from then ?

Glad to hear it! Like I say, I have been going to All Star shows for 20 years, and don't want to see them closing!

Archived