Yet another thread about doing a plop

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
ALSO! Weigh yourself before you do it and then after. I'm not saying it's a miracle weight loss thing I just found it awesome and amazing when I lost 6lb over night that one time.

Shit the bed?

In all seriousness, I am actually very tempted to give this a go at the weekend. I've got the house to myself and no other plans. Can you link me to anything that could reassure me that this is a sensible course of action and not something that's going to cause me to have to make an embarrassing phone call to the office on Monday morning?

Also, how disgusting is prune juice? Downing that is the part I'm most terrified about.

Can you link me to anything that could reassure me that this is a sensible course of action...

I doubt it. But failing that, here's a link to an article from the Harvard Medical School which details "a risk of dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, impaired bowel function, and disruption of intestinal flora."

Don't get me wrong though, I don't want to convince anyone that they shouldn't join this experiment. It could very well be the best thing to ever happen on the internet and I want to witness it. I just don't think any of you should go into it believing you're going to get anything from it other than a bit more reading time than usual.

• Paid Members

Of course you're going to do damage if you do it every day. A lot of people take homeopathic advice and go nuts with it thinking that because it's natural it's ok which couldn't be further from the truth.

Here's a few articles on the procedure but are more extreme, the way I suggested is just what I find works for me and my friends who have tried it

How to clean your colon

Three day cleanse <- I do not recommend this.

More

More

Of course you're going to do damage if you do it every day. A lot of people take homeopathic advice and go nuts with it thinking that because it's natural it's ok which couldn't be further from the truth.

To your first point, I'm not claiming you're going to do yourself damage (Harvard Med School is, but I'm not a fellow). I'm just saying you're not going to get any health benefits from it. And you're not.

To your second point, of course you can go nuts with homeopathy! It has exactly zero medicinal properties. You can drink phials of water til the cows come home. Much like your arse, your cock or minge will simply expel whatever you don't need.

I'm going to bow out of this now though. I don't want to spoil the fun. We can continue in the paranormal thread if you want...

I have just taken the prune juice. I'm a pretty fussy eater and it went down easily enough. Iv taken my weight and stomach circumference so will update later

• Paid Members
I have just taken the prune juice. I'm a pretty fussy eater and it went down easily enough. Iv taken my weight and stomach circumference so will update later

Some say taking it ice cold is best but I just zone out and own it as much as possible.

• Moderators

To your first point, I'm not claiming you're going to do yourself damage (Harvard Med School is, but I'm not a fellow). I'm just saying you're not going to get any health benefits from it. And you're not.

To your second point, of course you can go nuts with homeopathy! It has exactly zero medicinal properties. You can drink phials of water til the cows come home. Much like your arse, your cock or minge will simply expel whatever you don't need.

I'm going to bow out of this now though. I don't want to spoil the fun. We can continue in the paranormal thread if you want...

This is a great post.

In homeopathic-speak, it's "a juice cleanse." In English, you're giving yourself the runs.

I like how people are shocked you can lose weight by making yourself shit a lot. Well, yeah. That's why people with eating disorders use diuretics, and why they're banned in sports, particularly those that require weight-cutting.

I'm off to stick a healing crystal up my dickhole.

• Moderators

Is it actually exactly the same though?

I thought the big USP of the cleanse is the fact that it dislodges stuff that normal shitting wont. Is that the part of this that is a load of bullcrap? I want to know if that actually happens or not, not whether the effect of that has any medical benefit.

• Paid Members

I'd love this to be a cunning ploy by Kooks who later reveals she's got a sales job for a prune juice company.

Anything you force out with prune juice today would have come out with gravity and anal dexterity tomorrow anyway.

Anal dexterity?!?!? Like in that Rocco 'training' video?

• Moderators
Is it actually exactly the same though?

I thought the big USP of the cleanse is the fact that it dislodges stuff that normal shitting wont. Is that the part of this that is a load of bullcrap? I want to know if that actually happens or not, not whether the effect of that has any medical benefit.

I drank nothing but pure orange juice when I had the flu once. Glasses and glasses of the stuff. Stopped all that when I pooed out about half my bodyweight in orangey mist as an unpleasant side-effect.

There's no magic ancient combination unleashed in this method that somehow sweeps through your intestine getting rid of old poos that have been sat around and bits of lego you swallowed twenty years ago, in a way that nothing else would have done. You're literally just downing two different pints of fruit juice, when you're not used to it, and your body's saying "No thanks, get out!" 'Cleanse' just gives it some Hollywood-douche homeopathic label, while having it be fruit juice plays up the whole #organic #fitfam fad.