Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

Wrestling theme music discussion

Just had an idea for this topic, after having a bit of a resurgence of listening to wrestling themes and digging out my collection and finding some gems i had forgotten about

Which are your favorite wrestling themes? Which do you think are overrated and underrated

would love for this thread to grow and to find out some more rare gems and ones i had forgotten about!

I love this DX song by RUN DMC, much more than the original DX theme

Also a fan of the "Forceable entry" album, with this HHH song off it being a favourite

HHH

As well as this stone cold song by disturbed off the same album

SCSA

Always been a fan of "mash up" songs, that are made as a mix of 2 superstars theme music into one when they form a tag team, with rated RKO being a personal favorite

I was always a WWF/WWE guy, and while i have a good knowledge of common wcw themes, i would love to find out more good ones!

post away, anything really!

Edited by Ralphy

Everyone knows that the Armstrong Brothers' theme in WCW is the greatest entrance music ever made. There was scientific studies and everything.

If Rick Rude's

and
themes had a fight, I honestly don't know who would win. He managed to get both companies to bring their A-game, and they're both underrated when discussing best themes. The wet fart early version that WWE have persisted with in the videogames is a gross misrepresentation too, dunno why they can't use the good one.

Rick Rude had a

. It was a version of the Stripper with Heyman singing the chorus and some woman singing lyrics over it. Cheesy as fuck, but enjoyable.

I honestly think Rick Rude is the manliest man in wrestling ever. To have a 'tashe, to do that gimmick and to have that amount of oil on him and still come across as solid, is some achievement. He's living proof that the man is what makes the gimmick and not the other way around.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

If Rick Rude's
and
themes had a fight, I honestly don't know who would win. He managed to get both companies to bring their A-game, and they're both underrated when discussing best themes. The wet fart early version that WWE have persisted with in the videogames is a gross misrepresentation too, dunno why they can't use the good one.

Superb themes.

I'd never heard that WCW theme until getting the network a month ago. I think the WCW one is even better than the WWF one.

Rick Rude's ECW run was also notable for some of the finest knitwear this side of Frank Bough's cardigans. Nothing says Ravishing quite like a snazzy jumper.

WCW was choc full of great themes though. From the theme off Halloween for the Samoans, Giorgio Moroder for The Midnight Express, to this wonderful effort for

there was some damned good stuff. Barry Windham's rip off of La Grange was super duper.

Owen Hart's music when he first turned heel circa 94-97 is probably my favourite entrance music of all time, think High Energy or the New Foundation had it before him. It's cheesy but awesome. My favourite WCW theme is The Steiner Bros 'Steinerized' theme. Just pure 90's cheese, the lyrics are just brilliant!

Out of all the 91-era WCW themes,

most takes me back to Sunday mornings as a 12 year old, watching back the tape of WCW Pro from the night before.

Big dirrrty synth sax, orchestral stings, glorious.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

That was awesome even more when they were Doom. Two big black bulls frothing at the mouth, and foaming at the glans for your white wife, coming out to some light elevator jazz. A wonderful juxtaposition of sound and vision.