TUF 19: Team Edgar vs Team Penn

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Lima/Williams ended up being a quality little battle, had to feel a little sorry for Williams who was probably on his way to sneaking a decision but made one mistake and Lima snatched his neck.

I'm rooting for Lima mainly because im a fan of his brother but he seems a decent dude.

Matt Von Buren seems a right bellend...but Fields got it all wrong at the end "he's a pussy", it looked like Buren was begging Edgar for the fight. I think that fight happens during the season.

...one thing im noticing about TUF is, do you feel like the production crew subliminaly give you spoilers (spoilers is probably the wrong word) during episodes, what i mean by that is, during a training segment it showed Edgar showing Lima that little sprawl and move to to the side type motion that Lima ended up catching Williams with. It's something ive been paying attention too for a while with TUF, its like they give you little hiints at what to look out for during the actual fight.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah it was a good fight this week. Williams was running away with it early on and it looked like Lima was going to be in for a long night but he turned it around in style. He started cracking Williams with some good shots early in round two and then the finish was pretty nifty. Good timing as well because had it gone to the cards who knows how the judges were scoring it. Lima could've been a goner had he not pulled off that choke when he did.

*Lima does seem a good guy. Williams too actually. There's more likeable fighters in there than usual this season I reckon. That Matt Van Buren is a cock though. But I'm glad he's in there to stir some shit. I think if him and Fields don't meet in the tournament and neither reach the finals, they'll probably fight on the finale anyway.

*I'm thinking we might get a Lima vs Pendred middleweight final. Not sure on the light heavies yet.

*Corey Anderson looks like a young Evander Holyfield.

*Todd Monaghan is a twat.

*Spohn basically said what we were saying. That the semi finals is when you can really let loose in a fight because you've got months to heal up for the finals afterwards. He's spot on. If you can get through to the semis with minimal damage, why wouldn't you?

*Show needs more Coleman and Renzo. I know it's early but there's not been enough of them yet for me.

• Paid Members
That Bible basher lad is a proper heel. Was glad to see him get beat, but his opponent missed a trick by not cutting a Spohn 3:16 promo on him.

"Matthew, Mark, Luke and Spohn"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

For what it's worth, Luke Thomas tweeted today that he's seen an advanced copy of this week's TUF and that it's worth watching. I find that interesting because Luke Thomas usually hates TUF and has been saying it's been dead for ages. The fact that he even bothered going out of his way to see an advanced copy means something noteworthy must go down.

How many episodes have aired so far? I moved out of my flat a few weeks back and back with my step dad, who doesn't have BT Sport, so need to download the episodes and catch up. I caught episode 1 with the fights to get in.

There's been five episodes so far. Episode six tomorrow night/early hours of Thursday morning.

Cheers Wand. Started downloading last night so I can catch up over the weekend.

• Paid Members

What a mess. Some of the worst refereeing and judging of all time. A complete shambles.

Hilariously though, BJ Penn telling his fighter to leave the building so that they couldn't reverse the decision was one of the best things to happen on this show in years. That genuinely made me laugh.

What a mess. Some of the worst refereeing and judging of all time. A complete shambles.

Hilariously though, BJ Penn telling his fighter to leave the building so that they couldn't reverse the decision was one of the best things to happen on this show in years. That genuinely made me laugh.

:laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: made us laugh too. Shambles although the ref did warn him at the end of the first.

• Paid Members

BJ's coming off great this season, as much as he is a mean little fucker when he fights, he's got that laid back Hawaiian thing going for him outside the cage, the seasons definitely making me warm back up to him.

Still not enough Mark Coleman for me though.

Archived