Sting has signed with the WWE

bono

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im really pleased.

Stings TNA run was a VERY mixed bag for me. On ocassion he has looked motivated & 'up for it' and on others he clearly just picked up his cheque

His last TNA match was the worst id seen him.

If im honest both were at fault. Tna for marking out & not insisting he made an effort & Borden himself for not taking pride in it.

Its win win for him now tho:

Likely dvd

Hof entry

Cash cow last year

Merchandise

Ok, his last matches were pretty shit & he seems to have forgotten how to apply the Scorpion but I still feel he seemed he wanted to help TNA while he was there, after all this is TNA we are talking about where most don't give a shit. He played the part of the respected legend well, apart from the mess of not wanting to turn heel when the rest of the Mafia were & even put over numerous up & comers on his way out. He had some good matches against Angle & Jarrett & the match against Joe at Bound 4 Glory was one of my most anticipated ever, I couldn't believe how Joe kicked the tar out of Sting for most of the match, almost like a squash at one point. Sting shouldn't have gone over though, it was another screwy TNA title match finish with the usual outside interference, Joe never really bounced back after this. Hmmm, these points are not helping my argument here.

Even though he is my all time favourite even I will admit he did phone it in on occasions after his initial Crow gimmick died down toward the end of WCW. To be fair, like TNA, WCW had their share of the blame, with so many top stars all politicking for position he got lost in the shuffle. They should have pushed him as the main man but after the fiasco with the Starrcade title match they seemed to forget about him, which was ridiculous after the best, long build to a title match I've ever known. How on earth they botched Sting v Bret Hart - which for a lot of early to mid 1990's wrestling fans was the ultimate dream match, Sting was going through his Wolfpac stage, which should never have happened & Bret never even got out of the starting blocks in WCW.

Even though he is my all time favourite even I will admit he did phone it in on occasions after his initial Crow gimmick died down toward the end of WCW. To be fair, like TNA, WCW had their share of the blame, with so many top stars all politicking for position he got lost in the shuffle. They should have pushed him as the main man but after the fiasco with the Starrcade title match they seemed to forget about him, which was ridiculous after the best, long build to a title match I've ever known. How on earth they botched Sting v Bret Hart - which for a lot of early to mid 1990's wrestling fans was the ultimate dream match, Sting was going through his Wolfpac stage, which should never have happened & Bret never even got out of the starting blocks in WCW.

He was becoming lazy long before the crow gimmick came along. Sometime around 94,95-ish i'd judge. When he ditched the all-neon for the black with a bit of neon trim. Crow Sting was pretty much all gimmick. If he'd have been in the WWF, he'd have had to up his game for main event wrestling.

Fair play to him I guess though, he'd already cemented his status by that point when he eased off. It made a lot of his stuff since then a bit of a drag to sit through, but you can't really argue consider the longevity it's brought him and the condition he's in today

Aye, the Hitman/ Sting thing is a bit of headscratcher, but that was WCW I guess.

• Paid Members

Change the thread title:

--An update on a story in the current Observer. On the Sting/WWE deal, WWE sent Sting his contract several days ago, but as of yesterday, he had not returned it. The belief is they were on terms and an agreement is in place, but as of yesterday, pen to paper on Sting's side hadn't been returned. There is no indication of any serious hold-up at least from the WWE side. Those in the company even before WrestleMania were working with the impression he was on board.

I want a scan of the contract and Sting in facepaint in a writers meeting until I believe he's signed the next time its announced. This is about the 50th time since 2002 I've bought into Sting signing and its STILL not done.

Even though he is 55, his likeness will never get old.

His facepaint simply hides his age and a trenchcoat would hide his detoriated physique.

A little work on his arms and a good outfit could still make him look like younger than he really is.

I really think, Sting in WWE could still work.

How does the Observer know Sting hasn

One thing that confuses me a bit is the idea that Sting would be used as an authority figure. It makes sense in terms of getting him on screen without having him over-exert his body wrestling, but in kayfabe, how would it work? When they brought in Bischoff, he had a history as an authority figure in WCW. Then Austin was a nemesis of Bischoff and worked as GM/Sheriff with the history there, as well as a history of being a no-nonsense badass in WWE. HBK and Foley also had WWE backgrounds that gave some credibility to giving them a management role once they retired. With Sting, is Vince going to interrupt the Authority and be like, "Hey guys, umm, we need someone to restore law and order here, to run this show the right way... so here's a guy who's never been part of this company and not well known as an authority figure, but hey, he'd make a good Wrestlemania opponent, right?"

I know I'm overthinking it, and fuck logic because it's wrestling, but it just feels weird to me. I'd much rather have him appear in the rafters and work limited dates because he's a) a special attraction and b) a mysterious character.

He was becoming lazy long before the crow gimmick came along. Sometime around 94,95-ish i'd judge.

Fair point, that was around when there was all the confusion over the former NWA / International belt. I'm sure when he won the belt, off Rude or Vader, he just walked off without even celebrating, like he knew it was a waste of time. It's almost as if he let things slide as Hogan & his cronies came in & he was no longer the franchise of WCW, although I think I remember that Vader match for the International Title being decent, as their matches always were. Everything was heading towards Hogan v Flair, so Sting dropped down the pecking order. Thing is, his quality of opponents dropped drastically with the introduction of the abysmal Three Faces of Fear / Dungeon of Doom. This wasn't a good period for WCW.

How does the Observer know Sting hasn

• Paid Members
Meltzer has been fed some crap the last few weeks, the CM Punk in Chicago tip off.

Hmm, he went out of his way at the time to point out that he had one reliable source that was certain, not that he was certain and it was guaranteed. That's a pretty important distinction. It was the Lords of Pains of the world who heard this comment and fell over themselves saying he was definitely going to show.

Hmm, he went out of his way at the time to point out that he had one reliable source that was certain, not that he was certain and it was guaranteed. That's a pretty important distinction. It was the Lords of Pains of the world who heard this comment and fell over themselves saying he was definitely going to show.

Yes, fair enough, he did say that. With all the fuss over it I had forgotten he said he is not 100% sure himself but his source is 100% sure.

Archived