The Ultimate Warrior SUPER DUPER EVERTHING THREAD

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

We did this for Savage, we are doing it for Warrior.

Like everyone else am absolutely gutted about today's news on Warrior's passing. It's probably the most sad I've been as a fan since Macho Man passed on. Warrior was my first lunchbox, first action figure, first wrestler to cause me to injure myself pretending to be him. We have the RIP thread, so here... just post ANYTHING. Matches, Shit on the market, interviews. What have ya. Post away!

SQUASHES

Vs Brian Costello

I love Warrior squash matches.

My first wrestling figure

hasbro-uw1.jpg

• Paid Members

My first figures where the huge rubber efforts,

My first proper one was the warrior but the crappy one with both his legs together.......that said he still beat every he-man starwars figure i owned.

Always wanted the figure above, but mum kept telling me no as i already had one!

UltimateWarriorTitanSports1.jpg

Seeing this picture reminded me you couldnt pin the bugger as it had a huge lump on its back for the "spring loaded shoulder tackle"

• Paid Members

WWF-ROYAL-RUMBLE-1991.jpg

warrior2.jpg

These were my first exposure to The Ultimate Warrior. I didn't start watching properly until 2000 and my only access to older WWF stuff was through books I'd see at car boot sales and my brother's mate borrowing me tapes. He borrowed me Royal Rumble 1991 and Wrestlemania 7 and Warrior immediately stood out. At the ripe old age of 10, I had no idea how big a deal the Warrior vs Savage retirement match was, but even without context I loved it. Warrior was a machine and among everything he's done, it's him having the scepter smashed over his head that I recall the most.

His gimmick stood the test of time because at times it didn't even seem like a gimmick; he was the Warrior. He was as awesome when I was 10 and watching a decade old tape of Wrestlemania 7 as he was when I was a teenager catching his match with HHH for the first time at Wrestlemania 12, as he was when I was a 24 year old watching him accept a Hall of Fame place at Wrestlemania 30.

• Paid Members

It's been an absolute age since I posted on here, but I'm as stunned (at the timing) and heartbroken as everyone else at the passing of one of my ultimate childhood heroes. :(

My first proper one was the warrior but the crappy one with both his legs together.......that said he still beat every he-man starwars figure i owned.

Seeing this picture reminded me you couldnt pin the bugger as it had a huge lump on its back for the "spring loaded shoulder tackle"

This was one of my favourite figures and I still have it! The lump on the back makes a mockery of a three count as you say and also provides this creepy neck effect when held down:

warriorfigure.jpg

I also have this bad boy somewhere (along with a Hogan one) that I adored:

warriorplush.jpg

This is one of my favourite Warrior moments; simply because it looked like the future was bright. H.O.F (correctly) predicted, and a return to WWE. Espeically as it came out of nowhere.

Safe to say money has never left my wallet quicker than it did on seeing this trailer

• Paid Members
I also have this bad boy somewhere (along with a Hogan one) that I adored:

warriorplush.jpg

This toy got every move in the book from me. I remember hurting my brother with its solid nose when I hit him with it. The best of times!

• Paid Members

This whole thing is surreal. Such a bizarre co-incidence considering the events of the weekend. It fucking sucks balls.

Savage & Warrior were my 2 favourite wrestlers growing up. Never got the Hogan buzz at all - always assuming he was just for American kids.

My old Hasbro figures collection with my 2 favourites out in front; I'd swap the belt between Warrior & Savage!

mis.jpg

And my MOC Warrior Hasbro:

img528.jpg

A large MIB talking Warrior figure:

Room%20(2).jpg

And another MOC Warrior figure from around 1996:

Room%20(1).jpg

• Paid Members

I'm going to climb up your drainpipe, come through the window - then onto your chin - and open each one of them there Bendits and weep with joy as I relive my childhood.

The Bendits were the beginning of it all for me really. I swapped a Scalextric set for some Bendits, and got sharply bollocked by my folks for doing so.

The Talking Warrior doll proudly adorning your shelf only existed on WWF ads and in my dreams, Herbivore :(

I wish I still had the photo of my 5th or 6th birthday cake which was the blue WWF ring with icing models of Hogan and Warrior on it designed after my figures of them, both with the gorilla press action feature

I may have to track down a Classic or Legends Warrior figure to display in tribute or even the Rumbler figure that was released

Been reading the forum alot but never logged on

feel now is a time to log on again and join a thread to say RIP warrior a true legend

Archived