RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

Completely stunned, I know its cliche but he looked in good health at HOF and Raw. RIP Warrior, gone but will never be forgotten.

He looked healthy at HOF but on RAW he turned a bit reddish and was breathing heavily. True legend, and glad he got his moment before he left the world. RIP.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck! Genuinely stunned and shocked. Like many others, Ultimate Warrior was my absolute first childhood hero. Infact, I owe being a wrestling fan to him. It's such a fond memory for me. 5 year old neil is brill flicking through channels when he wasn't supposed to even touch the telly, I find this boxing program, and some dude is standing in the ring looking like he's warming up, I remember saying out loud "where are his boxing gloves?" Then THE music plays, some massive painted man sprints to the ring, batters this "wimpy man" in the greatest feat of strength a little boy has ever seen (the gorilla press) and then he shakes the ropes and practically runs off all in about 80 seconds. This is what got me hooked. He also was the first wrestler I pretended to be. I'm sure most fans of my age have similar stories too. He is a true legend of wrestling. Rest In Peace big man.

Edited by neil is brill

I did wonder what was wrong with him, when he didn't shake the ropes at raw. He spoke the night before about pushing his body beyond the limits and how blown up it go him. However just 48 hours later be couldn't do it. WWE even cut the cameras away when he was doing it. Strange he didn't run to the ring. The suit and getting on could have explained that. It couldn't explain the ropes gimmick

If you go back and watch his match from Spain in 2008. he could barely run to the ring then on a flat, 6 years later it would have only been worse having to run down a ramp.

I did wonder why the cameras were cutting away from him entering the ring, it seemed odd they were doing that and I remember being annoyed. This wasn't Tatanka entering the ring on some random Raw, it should have been a bigger deal.

Fuck! Genuinely stunned and shocked. Like many others, Ultimate Warrior was my absolute first childhood hero. Infact, I owe being a wrestling fan to him. It's such a fond memory for me. 5 year old neil is brill flicking through channels when he wasn't supposed to even touch the telly, I find this boxing program, and some dude is standing in the ring looking like he's warming up, I remember saying out loud "where are his boxing gloves?" Then THE music plays, some massive painted man sprints to the ring, batters this "wimpy man" in the greatest feat of strength a little boy has ever seen (the gorilla press) and then he shakes the ropes and practically runs off all in about 80 seconds. This is what got me hooked. He also was the first wrestler I pretended to be. I'm sure most fans of my age have similar stories too. He is a true legend of wrestling. Rest In Piece big man.

I love this :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Thought I read a prank story headline when I saw this on another site. Lived the Warrior as a child and then retrospect after several years. Real shame and how chilling the timing of this all is.

RIP

A truly shocking death given the timing more then anything, incredibly sad but at least he got to say goodbye to the fans and made up with the company before his passing.

Sad sad times

Shit news after such a good week in wrestling, as said I get the feeling he had health problems which is maybe why he did the HOF stuff and wanted his name/legacy cleared

Yeah, I think he had some issues heading in. My other half has seen him in his youtube videos and suchlike and commented on how small he looked in "real life" when he came out onto the stage at 'Mania.

Shocking stuff.

Iron Sheik comments: http://instagram.com/p/mjlgq4nk9M/#

Thing that's hit home is the people talking about how he was the first wrestler they ever pretended to be. He must have been a godsend for face-painters at summer fetes and car boot sales and things, because so many kids of my generation saw that as their chance to be Ultimate Warrior for the day. He just brings back so many memories of childhood in a way that Hogan doesn't, because the Hulkster has always been around. Things like going to my sister's house and being desperate to get back home in time for the wrestling on Sunday afternoon to see what was happening with Warrior after Papa Shango made the black goo run down his face the week before.

Not to get too "shit on the market" but a few things that I think most kids like me either spent their parents money on or desperately wanted to because that era of wrestlers was magical, especially him with the facepaint:

WarriorHasbro1.jpg

tumblr_my0mlyTwI21qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Ultimate-Warrior-Satain-Jacket.jpg

ultimatewarrior.jpg

Ultimate-Warrior-1.png

His daughters are 13 and 11, fucking hell.

Absolutely gutted, more so than any other recent passing due to the shocking timing of it all.

He seemed to finally be in a good place and free from resentment for the most part, your heart has to go out to his wife and two young children. You could tell how much he loved them at the HOF ceremony. I'm thankful to HHH for bridging the relationship between Warrior and Vince, this past weekend will certainly help for closure for fans in the long run - something we sadly didn't get whilst Savage was alive.

54 really is no age to go at all.