The CM Punk void

kamicazze

No one on here is really missing him at the moment and his absence is allowing more stars to be made. But on Sunday we saw BRock and Undertaker have a fairly mediocre match. Rewind to last year and both had match of the year candidates with Punk. Plus the only man to have an exciting bout with Henry in recent times.

Maybe we are all moving on a bit quick, however the longer he is off our screens the more his stock will rise. I for one am excited if he does come back, if only he stayed of screens for the summer of punk 2011. Thoughts on when WWE should try get him back for and who to programme against?

No one on here is really missing him at the moment and his absence is allowing more stars to be made. But on Sunday we saw BRock and Undertaker have a fairly mediocre match. Rewind to last year and both had match of the year candidates with Punk. Plus the only man to have an exciting bout with Henry in recent times.

Maybe we are all moving on a bit quick, however the longer he is off our screens the more his stock will rise. I for one am excited if he does come back, if only he stayed of screens for the summer of punk 2011. Thoughts on when WWE should try get him back for and who to programme against?

I think WWE are doing just fine without him. If he comes back then that's great, but there's enough going on that he won't be missed if not.

If he does then it has to be as a heel (he's one of the worst top level faces ever). Isn't he like a broken Subbuteo player these days though?

Thoughts on when WWE should try get him back for and who to programme against?

They've already been trying to get him back haven't they?

I'm fine without him but I wouldn't mind him replacing Kane in the Evolution vs Shield/Bryan thing they got going on. HHH might, mind.

Edit - Actually, let Cesaro Swiss Finish Him.

Punk is only an asset if/when he is motivated, speaking as a massive mark for Punk I can't say that I'm missing him that much anymore simply because there's plenty going on in WWE that's miles better than Punk. We've got Cesaro, Bray Wyatt, The Shield and Bryan all motivated and delivering the goods, and all the new NXT guys soon to be joining the main roster are gonna be hungry for a decent place on the card. Fitting Punk back into the roster and giving him a spot where he doesn't run off home again will probably get more and more difficult as time goes on.

I miss him every day.

I wouldn't really say him being away has created a void for someone to fill. Bryan, The Sheild and The Wyatts were already on there way before he left. Its not like anyone has stepped up to his spot. The fact that Brock and Taker had a mediocre match compared to their matches with Punk isn't really any kind of point at all. Brock works best with people he can throw around (like in his first match back with Cena and later with Punk.) When put into a situation where he actually has to wrestle he doesn't do too well (like his matches with Triple H show.) The Undertaker's matches are always about drama and working the crowd now, and while Brock creates a big match feel he can't engage the fans for long periods like Punk, Triple H and Micheals could. Throw in that Taker was another year older and injured himself and we got what we got.

I'd rather Punk have a bit of time away and want to come back. I can't really see that happening for another year to 18 months at least and I imagine/hope the landscape of WWE will be quite different then

• Paid Members

This Wrestlemania season has been a million times better without him. Don't miss him at all, and for a talent they put so much effort into he has a fucking rank attitude. Good riddance.

In the last year, he's had a good match with Brock Lesnar and done nothing else of note. He was fucked physically, he wasn't happy, and he was just shitting up the TV with substandard performances. I'd rather him be off getting healthy and living his life than going through the motions in WWE. If he ever fancies it again and comes back, fair play to him. If he doesn't, that's fine by me.

I think he's missed but at the same time he's not because WWE are very good at moving on and making you forget or miss someone, they were fortunate they had popular acts like Bryan, Shield etc because in the past they have'nt been so lucky

As Austin said that everyone is a cog on a machine that gets replaced and a new one put on, which is true Hogan, Rock, Austin, Hbk etc left and wrestling went on without a beat

If/when he comes back they'll always be a slot for him, cant wait when he does

• Paid Members

Oh fuck the fuck off you whinging fuck.

Fucking love Punk but at the moment everything is better without him. He got stale as hell, his worked lagged, he looked beat up and his performances suffered. They are doing fine without him. I understand like many why we hate Punk at times. Because when he phones it in, it's so blindingly obvious. He's been a cunt since he wasnt getting a rematch and win with Lesnar and even before then when he was brought back ahead of time. He's been sour to watch since last year's Mania barring the Lesnar match. The bloke is knackered, I'm glad he's taken a break and his elbow drop fucking stank.

Archived