Let's talk Undertaker

LEGIT

taker.jpg

Well Mania is here, and it's his season now. IMO, no question, he's the bona fide Mr. WrestleMania.

He's been Undertaker for so long, about my whole lifetime. He's still going and still got it.

Let's talk Taker, favorite era, look, theme, match, beard. Anything.

1997 Taker was the man for me. Classic matches with Shawn, Bret, Vader. A fucked up feud with Paul Bearer. And he looked bad ass, too.

undi.png

I also liked his somewhat gothic cowboy persona a few years back. When he had the Johnny Cash theme. Just as chilling but in a different way.

The man. Thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess for me it's just amazing that here we are 24 years later (that makes me feel old!) and he's still around. I remember watching Survivor Series 90 and never would I have thought that he'd be still be Wrestling. I always thought once Hogan went through him that would've been it.

• Paid Members

He'd have joined WCW in 1996 if he could have got out of his contract without getting sued into oblivion. Vague mention of it on Nitro at the time by Mean Gene. I wonder how that would have played out.

I always wonder what would've happened (although probably extremely obvious) if for whatever reason we got Undertaker vs. Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 7, 8 or 9... or any time where the streak wasn't really a thing. It's pretty likely that if they ever crossed paths at Mania in the early 90s, we wouldn't be talking about 21-0 right now.

Got the Premium VIP to meet Undertaker and will get him to sign my Survivor Series 4 poster, cannot wait.

I rewatched some of his Mania bouts today and don't think he had a bad one. The last few have been epic though. Not sure the Lesner one will be epic although if a certain Sting turns up at the end to setup next year then it might just steel the show :).

Got the Premium VIP to meet Undertaker and will get him to sign my Survivor Series 4 poster, cannot wait.

I rewatched some of his Mania bouts today and don't think he had a bad one. The last few have been epic though. Not sure the Lesner one will be epic although if a certain Sting turns up at the end to setup next year then it might just steel the show :).

yeah, ask him about Sting and when he himself is facing Cena. :D

Taker should have been given better streak opponents at a few Mania's IMO. 9/11/19/22.

Savage/Benoit/Angle should have been in there somewhere.

• Paid Members
Taker should have been given better streak opponents at a few Mania's IMO. 9/11/19/22.

Did Undertaker and Savage ever have a televised/home video match? I'd have loved to have seen that at a big PPV.

Never heard of the Undertaker/WCW stuff Baz mentioned above.

• Paid Members

Prefer Undertaker now he's there once a year. He can only work as a special attraction. He was treading watcher for a while there before he became a one off wrestler. Always liked him, but you had to dig through some horrible shite throughout the year to get to the good stuff. His full 25 year run was like that as well. For every match with Austin there was a few months where he was trying to remove someones guts or slit his writes.

My favourite Undertaker was always 1992 era. When he had a packet of crisps you could buy in the corner shop round our way. Good times.

Him vs Bundy and vs Gonzales were piss poor. As was the one against Show and A-Train if I remember correctly.

Snuka and Jake weren't exactly great either. Neither were Diesel, Sid, Kane and the Boss Man to be fair. I dont think he had a good WrestleMania match until Triple H in 2001. Aside from the last few years, Undertaker's WrestleMania streak has been filled with some right shite.

Did Undertaker and Savage ever have a televised/home video match? I'd have loved to have seen that at a big PPV.

Never heard of the Undertaker/WCW stuff Baz mentioned above.

Na mate, only on house shows (none of which the footage have ever surfaced).

Undertaker (and Bret Hart) were/are always my first favorites. Scared the fuck outta me, esp at WM7 when he faced Snuka. His career apex in terms of in ring was probably 07/08. 2007 he was probably at his most perfect physically. Character wise, always loved his ministry days.

• Paid Members
Him vs Bundy and vs Gonzales were piss poor. As was the one against Show and A-Train if I remember correctly.

It's ever such a shit match. Bloody awful. I don't even remember the King Kong Bundy match, thankfully.

I still prefer The Bikertaker, both when he was a heel and a babyface. I thought he was bloody fantastic as a character but for matches the mid-90s around about the time of the first Hell In A Cell matches - those matches are still great.

Archived