The 'One time only' tribute thread.

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it is, to be honest. Just 4 big guys throwing bombs for 10 minutes. My kind of match.

Any fans of those matches will also want to track down the Steiners vs Hellraisers matches, and in particular the Tokyo Dome match from Dontaku 1996 I think, with the Steiners and Norton vs the Roadies and Sasake.

• Paid Members

I'd even throw in the Steiners vs Fire & Ice matches from 1996 as well. They had some really fun short clubbering TV matches around that time on Nitro and (I think) Saturday Night or Pro.

The Steiners are probably my favourite tag team ever.

Shawn Michaels vs. Bob Backlund only happened once i believe.

Depends if you count house shows as well.

Shawn defended the IC title against Backlund on an episode of RAW in 1993, but they also had a match at MSG in January of the same year.

• Paid Members
Ricky Steamboat vs. Bret Hart

Nitpicky but they actually had two singles matches according to Bret. But only one was filmed - the one on Bret's first DVD, obviously. He said in his first RF shoot interview that they had an even better match the next night that was never filmed.

• Paid Members

Depends if you count house shows as well.

Shawn defended the IC title against Backlund on an episode of RAW in 1993, but they also had a match at MSG in January of the same year.

Not even including house shows it's still not right. They also wrestled on Prime Time in 1993. And on French TV during the April European TV, unless you want to discount that. And one taped for Coliseum on the Grudge Matches tape. They wrestled on the road a lot.

It's not the "one time only on telly" thread. Not once in his uses of "one time only" or "Match-ups that only ever happened once" did SBA say "on TV." There's loads of matches that only happened once on TV. A match that only ever happened once anywhere which I'm fairly sure is what SBA was looking for, is a rare and interesting thing.

Nitpicky but they actually had two singles matches according to Bret. But only one was filmed - the one on Bret's first DVD, obviously. He said in his first RF shoot interview that they had an even better match the next night that was never filmed.

I wouldn't say nitpicky for the reasons above.

Maybe they went longer on the house show the night after and kept their Prime Time match down to 15 for TV time constraints? It's highly possible Bret equates "long match" with "great match." The way he talks about his Iron Man match with Shawn seems to suggest that. I was a huge Hitman fan, and I thought it was boring as fuck.

Brock v Hogan only happened the once didn't it? The match from Smackdown

Yeah, and it was quite good a demonstrating how much a monster Lesnar was in his first run, which I believe was in the run up to him becoming champion. It's similar how they've been booking him to destroy people (show/henry) recently. Lesnar works at his best as the "monster"

Brock v Hogan only happened the once didn't it? The match from Smackdown

Yeah, and it was quite good a demonstrating how much a monster Lesnar was in his first run, which I believe was in the run up to him becoming champion. The promo video they showed before the show made me thing Hogan had died lol.

It's similar how they've been booking him to destroy people (show/henry) recently. Lesnar works at his best as the "monster"

Archived