PROGRESS Chapter 13: Unbelievable Jeff!

ThisIsProgress

Went to my first Progress show last night and cant say enough good things, some real quality action and lots of stuff to get you wanting to come back for more with development of their characters and stories.

The ladder match and the 4 way tag were excellent matches. The talent in the tag match really does pay tribute to the UK scene these days.

And Devitt/Zac, well that was all kinds of awesomeness as you would expect, def a UK MOTYC.

• Paid Members

I woke up this morning still laughing about "He's got a red face...on his face", then remembered I saw Jimmy Havoc try to cut Will Ospreay's ear off with a Stanley knife.

Thanks to the Progress playlist, I've also been unable to shake "John Kettley is a Weatherman" out of my head....

I'll have some more detailed thoughts up in the next couple of days.

Was also my first experience of watching Progress live in person.

Thought it was a strong show but not the best I've seen in 2014. Was a little bit bummed by the run ins and cheap finishes during the end-ligero and havoc-Andrews match.

However the Devitt - sabre match was great and thought devitt's joker gimmick was excellent. I also thought that the finishing sequence to the 4 way tag was excellently done. Will osperay was fantastic in that match.

Felt big time for some of the guys at the back of the crowd who couldn't see much of the action due to people standing during the main event and Devitt - sabre.

Always great to see a kammy appearance too.

And has Robbie X been out in the sun too long? He had a red face on his face. Would like to see him again. Thought he outshone dynamite dunne.

• Paid Members

As promised...

With doors opening at 2pm, we actually started queuing outside at around 12noon again (and some people had started even earlier than that). This is because your ticket allows you to sit in a certain section, but all seats are actually unreserved within that area, so even in the Garage days they've created a culture where everyone has to turn up ridiculously early, particularly if you're in a group of 6 or more, to get the best seats and to ensure you're all sat together. With tickets to these shows selling out ridiculously quickly, we had only managed to be able to secure seats on the fourth row this time out. You'd think standing in a single spot in the middle of Camden High Street in 23 degree sunshine for two hours is a sure-fire recipe to ensure when you're allowed into the building you’ll be sweating like a paedophile in Toymasters. In reality, my white ass somehow managed to avoid getting burned and the time whizzed by. This time, there was no abuse from the PROGRESS queue for the local shopkeepers, but there was the welcome return of PROGRESS Doughnuts and the bemused tourists and passers-by stood watching the queue and taking photos of us all. Rather amusingly, there was also ticket tout working the queue.

Once inside, the two hour wait between doors opening and the show actually starting at 4pm may sound like hell on earth, especially with beer prices starting from

Archived