Hooked On Wrestlemania 30 parties

Hooked On

Wow, I am tell you I'm not a plant, just someone who prefers to read the forums rather than post, but had wanted to convey what a great time I had last year, here are my photos I took of last years event, and if they do the wrestling quiz again, its a real bastard!

http://imgur.com/a/EDEBJ

Full marks to the fella who has gone to the trouble of spray painting a storm trooper helmet silver for his Shockmaster outfit in the corner of the first photo. Patrick Lennon in full Goldust get up as well.

Make sure you've got a licence to run past 1am as Tom Aitken (dangerously420) found to his cost.

Why what happened?

Venue shut the Wrestlemania live feed down after a few matches due to them having no licence for going past 2am. Cue it all kicking off and police being called.

from what i remember the audio went not long after a Cena victory [just after 3am & video went before the main event [the only match that people cared for was HBK Taker Part 2] so people got mad at being denied the mach they wanted to see from WM XXVI

Oooh sounds a bit messy. Thanks for the answer guys.

Thanks for the pictures etc. was not calling you a plant so please don't take offence just we all know the negative side to wrestling and enjoy all the good things that happen in it along with everyone else now to choose whether to watch with the girlfriend in doors on the WWE network or to come to one of these events that looks quite cool

can you give us a breakdown of what happens at these events with rough timings also do the bars sell food/drinks all throughout the events what's seating like to watch it etc. for the London events

We can give you a rough breakdown but a lot of it depends on the crowd's demands. But here goes...

So people can arrive at the venue whenever. We will have people on the door from 8PM to hand out wristbands that all our ticket holders need.

Between 9-12 we will be playing classic Wrestlemania matches on the screens as well as wrestling themes on the sound system.

The Hooked On Mania quiz will start about 9:30 with the prize giving and fancy dress judging about 11:15 followed by a last minute bit of hype before the PPV and then the event itself at midnight until 4AM.

The only thing we can't show is the pre-show as the venue license technically doesn't allow us to stream from the various sources to their screens. The wifi connection in the bar is excellent though so you can stream it to your own device.

In terms of venue set up, we have multiple screens around the bar. There isn't seating for everyone as this is an event designed to be a crowd rather than just sat at tables. You can get a seat if you get there early.

The venue serves food until approx 9PM although I would advise you to call direct and check on the day. We don't have control of this. Plenty of places to eat round and about if not.

One final point is that until 11PM, the bars are public entry. In reality this means you might get 10-15 non-wrestling fans in there. After 11PM the bar is exclusively ours and if you don't have a wristband, you're out of there!

ok thanks for that I may attend not sure still yet though as I can watch it from Home on the WWE network from the comfort of my new sofa with the other half and order a takeaway it puts me off with no seating as such for a at least 4 hour event but will let you know if I attend

As with most live experiences, you trade a little in comfort for a lot in atmosphere.

Most important thing is that you enjoy Mania in the atmosphere you prefer. We're just here to provide some options for those that like the 'I was there' memories only watching in such a large group can provide.

Thanks I wish you best of luck with it I may still turn up but am sharing it with my girlfriend in the comfort of my recliner seated sofa sounds more appealing to me at the moment with Beer and takeaway saving me a lot of money as well as I pay for the WWE Network each month anyway

I went to the Rumble party with two mates after alot of debating if it would be worth it and it was!

Great atmosphere and most people there were friendly. Easy to chat about a match or who we thought was going to win at the bar with other wrestling fans. Overal its a great night out and much better then sitting around with a few friends indoors all trying to stay awake!

Wow, I am tell you I'm not a plant, just someone who prefers to read the forums rather than post, but had wanted to convey what a great time I had last year, here are my photos I took of last years event, and if they do the wrestling quiz again, its a real bastard!

http://imgur.com/a/EDEBJ

Nice to see the back of my head in a couple of those pictures.

Archived