Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll be getting on the DVD preorder action shortly.

There's only one weekend in the entire 2015 calendar that I really, really, absolutely would not under any circumstances be able to attend a potential Dragon Gate UK tour.  I mean, there's an awesome wrestling show, and then there's MY OWN WEDDING.  What do you reckon the chances are, eh?

I've already mentioned I think Manchester (or it's associated area) would be perfect for a northern leg of a tour, simply due to the infrastructure, transport links, accomodation etc. as well as having a lot to offer for travelling fans in terms of stuff to do.  The Longfield Suite in Prestwich (where FutureShock run their Underground shows, and their terrific recent 10th Anniversary event) would be a fantastic DG:UK venue, but I'm sure there are others within the same radius of the city that offer similar.

As for talent, the Millennials are surely a must for the next set of shows.  They are genuine stars now, with T-Hawk and Eita in particular putting on some absolute world class performances this year.  Having them in for a tag match (against, say, SHINGO and Tozawa, who then fight each other for the DGUK Title the next night??) would be bloody brilliant, but Flamita would also be an eye-catching flyer against an Ospreay or a Ricochet, and Yosuke Santa Maria would be a memorable attraction.

It's also time for Dragon Kid to come back, but would personally love Don Fujii over at least once.  It would be great if we got the return of the full faction vs. faction Dragon Gate six-man tag next time out too.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have some time free to catch upon stuff properly! So i'd just like to leave a public thank you here to Mark Sloan for refunding the pic Richochet charged me for. It's not something i expected at all and really does show the sort of guy Mark is and how he runs his events. Me and the Mrs have had a blast at the last 2 tours and fully intend to be there again next year (providing it doesn't clash with any festivals.. please don't clash with any festivals lol).

It is 2 months ago today that we arrived at Broxbourne for the 2014 tour, and we are pleased to announce both event DVDs are instock and shipping today!

All pre-orders have already been dispatched too!

Dragon Gate UK : Yamato vs Yokosuka 2 DVD
-----------------------------------------------

DGUK_DVD_Yamato_V_Yokosuka_2.jpg

Dragon Gate UK "Yamato v Yokosuka 2" Event DVD

A huge night for Dragon Gate UK, quite possibly the most loaded card we've produced. CIMA takes on Naruki Doi in a singles contest. Mark Haskins and Marty Scurll explode and settle their differences in a No DQ match with Scurll's career on the line, Yamato and Yokosuka face off in the epic rematch from last years tour and then, after all that is said and done. Tozawa and Ricochet go one on one in the evenings main event. Is there anything else that needs to be said?

Match Listings

Rich Swann vs Lion Kid vs Uhaa Nation vs Will Osprey
BxB Hulk vs Yoshino
CIMA vs Naruki Doi

Yamato vs Susumu Yokosuka
Marty Scurll vs Mark Haskins *No DQ*
Ricochet vs Akira Tozawa

3 Camera Edit,
Optional Commentary

DVD Trailer Here -

Order Now - Here

Remember Order before September 30th to receive the Bonus Match (Martin Kirby vs Wild Boar for Free via On Demand) Purchase Dragon Gate UK Yamato v Yokosuka 2 DVD

Dragon Gate X DVD
-----------------------------------------------

DGUK_DVD_X.jpg
Dragon Gate UK "X" Event DVD

We have finished production on the first of the 2014 Event DVDs, and to say it's our best yet is a huge understatement, the presentation, cover art, video quality is by far the best we have produced. The show itself is one of our favourite shows, with the Hulk and Yamato match being hailed as match of the weekend. The outstanding dual tag matches and the debut's of Will Osprey and Uhaa Nation! An action packed start to the 2014 double header of shows.

Match Listings

Akira Tozawa vs Will Osprey
Uhaa Nation vs Lion Kid
CIMA & Susumu Yokosuka vs Naruki Doi & Yoshino

BxB Hulk vs Yamato
Ricochet & Akira Tozawa vs Mark Haskins & Marty Scurll

3 Camera Edit,
Optional Commentary

DVD Trailer Here -

Order Now - Here

Remember Order before September 30th to receive the Bonus Match (Yoshino vs Wild Boar for Free via On Demand) Purchase Dragon Gate UK X DVD

Awesome! Although i didn't think they'd be out this quick. Can i still order them for the pre-order special price as i went to the shows?

Absolutely.

Thanks Mark! Will order tonight.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

^^^^ In other words : when there's news, Mark will post it.

Spoiler for next shows' DVD release dates, right there, for the deluge of B.S. "any news" posts which we can all look forward to. ;)

• 1 year later...

So this weekend marks two years since the last Dragon Gate UK shows. I'll be honest, it doesn't feel that long.

Rich Swann and Uhaa Nation are signed to the WWE, and Akira Tozawa can be currently seen in the WWE's Cruiserweight Classic. Will Ospreay is signed to New Japan Pro Wrestling. Marty Scurll and Mark Haskins are without doubt two of the best on the UK scene today.

I know we're about to have a second RPW/NJPW show take place this year, but I do miss Dragon Gate.

It could be a completely different Dragon Gate to the one we had two years previously.

I'd like to see a younger roster. T-Hawk, Eita, Flamita, Big R Shimizu & Shachihoko Boy are all established members of DG and all deserve to make their UK debuts.

Shingo, Tozawa, YAMATO and Hulk should all be locks to return in my eyes. And you can't have DG without CIMA and DG UK without Yokosuka.

I hope 2017 see's the return of Dragon Gate UK.

• Paid Members

Tozawa and Shingo qualified for a DGUK title match, and Marty Scurll was banished for a -5 record, correct?

I also remember those DGUK shows for being the big indicator that DGUSA was finished, as July 25 2014 was the exact five year anniversary of the first DGUSA show, but there were no fifth anniversary shows.

Archived