WrestleMania X Reminiscence Thread

AshC

I'm in the middle of reading Bret Hart's book for the 3rd time and he calls that WrestleMania the highlight of his career. He also says he was pissed off with Shawn Michaels for stealing his ladder match finish were you fall off the ladder and get 'crotched' it was Brets suggestion to bring the ladder match to the WWE after the concept was first used in Stampede Wrestling.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an interesting bit of interview on the wwe network countdown episode about ladder matches. They show highlights of the Bret vs Shawn ladder match and showed various wrestlers who are surprised that the WMX match wasn't the first. Bret days that Vince didn't watch the match as he had promised Bret he would.

For me WrestleMania X will always be a special for a couple of reasons. It was my first anniversary Mania so it really felt like a huge deal and was promoted as such. But the main reason it means something to me has more to do with where i was living at the time. My Dad  was in the Army and we were based in Berlin at the time and the army was in the process of pulling out and handing back to Germany. Mania actually fell a few days before my last day at school prior to leaving, as it was for a couple of other kids. I arrived at school for my last day and the teacher had laid on a huge table of party food and we were going to have fun rather than any lessons. Part of this fun was WrestleMania X! He wheeled in one of those school TVs, and put on the tape which one of the other kid's parents had recorded from Sky (i think). And we all sat there and watched the entire PPV front to back! Best day at school ever!

It was a great school to be at as a kid, one of the dinner ladies actually recorded me the PPVs as they aired and i'd head over to hers the day after to pick them up lol.

For me WrestleMania X will always be a special for a couple of reasons. It was my first anniversary Mania so it really fealt liek a huge deal and was promoted as such. But the main reason it means something to me has more to do with where i was living at the time. My Dad  was in the Army and we were based in Berlin at the time and the army was in the process of pulling out and handing back to Germany. Mania actually fell a few days before my last day at school prior to leaving, as it was for a couple of other kids. I arrived at school for my last day and the teacher had laid on a huge table of party food and we were going to have fun rather than any lessons. Part of this fun was WrestleMania X! He wheeled in one of those school TVs, and put on the tape which one of the other kid's parents had recorded from Sky (i think). And we all sat there and watched the entire PPV front to back! Best day at school ever!

It was a great school to be at as a kid, one of the dinner ladies actually recorded me the PPVs as they aired and i'd head over to hers the day after to pick them up lol.

Cool story. I like hearing about things like this and contrasting it to what i was doing (watched it at my favourite childhood home). 

Archived