Wrestling on the Day you Were Born

C-Rock

I have just looked on wrestlingdata.com and found out that on the day I was born (15/10/86) WWE/F were in Phoenix and this happened...

1 $50000 Tag Team Battle Royal

Killer Bees (Jim Brunzell and B. Brian Blair) vs. Super Machine and Big Machine vs. Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart vs. Dream Team (Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake) vs. Steve Gatorwolf and Chief Jay Strongbow vs. Danny Spivey and Mike Rotunda vs. Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid vs. Haku and Tama vs. Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik vs. Jacques Rougeau and Raymond Rougeau vs. ??? and ???

Also the day before I was born Magnum T.A. was in the car accident that led to him retireing...

Its amazing to think that guys like Bret Hart were wrestling on the day I was born, 28 years ago.

Anything interesting happen on the day you were born?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It seems there were a number of shows on May 22, 1984.

Harley Race defeated Ric Flair and Kerry Von Erich defended his NWA title against Jumbo Tsurata in Tokyo. While there were two WWF House Shows, one in Butler, PA and the other in Westbury, CN. Jimmy Snuka beat David Schultz and Sgt Slaughter beat Greg Valentine in the respective main events.

On April 19th 1985 the following happened

Hulk Hogan defended the WWE title against Don Muraco on a show in Pittsburgh

Magnum TA defended the NWA Mid-Atlantic United States title against Tully Blanchard in Lenoir, NC

Kerry Von Erich headlined a WCCW show in Dallas against Dennis Condrey

Brian Blair v Rick Rude headlined a CWF show in Gainsville, FL

Apparently 8 shows on my birth date (05/06/81). Most significant were Stampede Wrestling in Calgary:

1 TG Stone defeated Charles Buffong

2 Adrian Street defeated Mike Hammer

3 Duke Myers defeated Gama Singh

4 Davey Boy Smith defeated Dynamite Kid

5 Bret Hart vs. Kerry Brown ended without a winner as a double disqualification

6 Keith Hart defeated David Schultz

And WWF at The Civic Arena, Pittsburgh, PA:

1 Mike Mihalko defeated Billy Berger

2 Bill Dixon defeated Jim Grabmire

3 Baron Mikel Scicluna vs. Johnny DeFazio ended without a winner as a time limit draw

4 Pat Patterson vs. Sgt. Slaughter ended without a winner as a double disqualification

5 WWF Heavyweight Title Match

Bob Backlund © defeated Angelo Mosca by disqualification

6 David Sammartino defeated Red Demon

7 Moondog Spot, Moondog Rex and Lou Albano defeated Tony Garea, Rick Martel and Dominic DeNucci

• Paid Members

2nd December 1978. Charlotte N.C

Gary Young defeated Charlie Fulton

Jay Youngblood defeated Rudy Kay

Paul Orndorff defeated Ric Flair

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Baron Von Raschke

2 Ring Battle Royal

Paul Jones defeated Abe Jacobs and Baron Von Raschke and Blackjack Mulligan and Charlie Fulton and Chris Tolos and Gary Young and Greg Valentine and Jacques Goulet and Jay Youngblood and John Studd and Johnny Weaver and Ken Patera and Mr. X #1 and Paul Orndorff and Ric Flair and Richard Blood and Ricky Steamboat and Rudy Kay and Skip Young and Steve Muslin and Steve Regal and Swede Hanson and Tony Atlas

November 27 1982

Andre The Giant, The Masked Superstar and Rene Goulet lost to Antonio Inoki, Hulk Hogan and Tatsumi Fujinama on an NJPW card.

Giant Haystacks beat Steve Wright in Germany.

A card in Portland had three time limit draws in six matches, but Brett Sawyer beat Terry Gibbs in a loser leaves town match to send the fans home happy.

Abdullah The Butcher headlined in Norfolk.

Flair beat Piper by DQ in Greensboro.

Butch Reed and Buzz Sawyer says winner unknown!

And finally,

Dusty Rhodes beat Kevin Sullivan in a Lights Out Prince Of Darkness Match in Florida. Stunning scenes.

It's really interesting that pre-McMahon expansion that so much went off on any given day. Who's the oldest member on here? Was anyone born when Gotch and Hackenschmidt went an hour?

On August 13th 1985...

WWF @ Manchester, NH - JFK Coliseum - August 13, 1985Lanny Poffo defeated Iron Mike Sharpe

Randy Savage defeated Jose Luis Rivera

Pedro Morales defeated Mr. X

Uncle Elmer defeated Rene Goulet

B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell defeated Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart via disqualification

Andre the Giant defeated Nikolai Volkoff

WWF @ Columbus, OH - State Fairgrounds - August 13, 1985 (50,000)

Admission was free with the purchase of a $4 Ohio State Fair ticket

The Missing Link defeated SD Jones

The Junkyard Dog defeated Les Thornton

Paul Orndorff defeated the Iron Sheik

Don Muraco defeated Tony Atlas

WWF Tag Team Champions Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo defeated Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Big John Studd via count-out

I would like to think the latter show was a huge celebration of my birth and 50,000 people came in my honour, and not because it was free with the Ohio State Fair ticket.

Meanwhile in the CWF...

CWF @ Tampa, FL - Spartan Sports Center - August 13, 1985

Scott McGhee defeated Tony Wonder

Kendall Windham defeated Rip Rogers

Cocoa Samoa fought Rip Oliver to a draw

Jack Hart defeated Tiger Conway Jr.

Mike Graham defeated Rick Rude via disqualification

Wahoo McDaniel & Billy Jack Haynes defeated NWA World Champion Ric Flair & the Grappler in a steel cage match

The NWA also did a Worldwide taping. It featured a lot of The Four Horsemen (sans Flair), and three Midnight Express dark matches.

• Paid Members

Some decent stuff happening on July 13th 1985;

WWF stuff

-Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda won the WWF Tag Titles from Nikolai Volkoff & Iron Sheik.

-Tito Santana retained the IC Title in a Cage Match against Greg Valentine.

-There was a WWF show in New York with Terry Funk vs Lanny Poffo, Orndorff vs Piper and a Bulldogs vs Hart Foundation main event.

Jim Crockett had this lot

-Rock & Roll Express won the NWA Tag Titles from Ivan Koloff & Krusher Krushchev on Worldwide.

-In Greensboro, Flair beat Buddy Landell and Dusty beat Nikita Koloff.

Other stuff

-Lawler beat Tom Branch in a First Blood match in Nashville.

-In NJPW - Antonio Inoki, Kengo Kimura & Tatsumi Fujinami beat Bad News Allen, Bruiser Brody & Jerry Morrow.

I'm most proud of the fact I share a birthday with Vince McMahon (not the same year though!) as in terms of what happened on my actual birthday back in '79 there were a number of shows around the country including a WCCW event in Texas which a couple of years ago I managed to find a pristine copy of the programme from which I had framed. One of my favourite Wrestling items I own.

• Paid Members

I already knew that Dennis Stamp went up against Dory Funk jr on the day I was born, and they've got details of that whole show.

1 Pez Whatley vs. Reggie Parks ended without a winner as a time limit draw (15 minutes)

2 Ricky Romero defeated Randy Colley (10:35 minutes)

3 Super Destroyer defeated Abe Jacobs (25:01 minutes)

4 Brass Knuckles Title (Amarillo-Version) Match

Dennis Stamp defeated Dory Funk Jr. © (27:30 minutes) - TITLE CHANGE!!!

5 Bob Ellis and Lawman defeated Blond Bombers (Rip Hawk and Swede Hanson) by disqualification (15:02 minutes)

Archived