Kids at your school with famous names

JNLister

• Paid Members

There was a kid in my brothers year called Nigel Mansell. Everyone used to just go 'Vroooooooom' when they walked passed him in the corridor.

We had "Get Down" James Brown, and Jon Tickle. James Brown was tormented to the brink of tears several times with general James Brownstuff.

Just a few years ago I was in a work meeting with some people from Virgin Mobile. We were going round the table introducing ourselves, names & roles etc and one of the guys from Virgin introduced himself as James Brown. At which point one of his colleagues did a little 'Heeey'. He just turned to him & said 'Paul, we've worked together for 3 years now. Have you not got bored of that yet?'

There was an Asian lad in my class in infants called Kieron Dyer. This was before the footballer of the same name was invented, so only of note retrospectively, but I always remember him for getting me into trouble on the first day of 2nd year infants by repeating the word 'plop', which I found outrageously funny and couldn't stop laughing loudly at. I got punished by being told to be quiet and put my head down on the desk, and then I got punished again because I'd never heard that phrase before and took it literally, allowing my forehead to plonk directly down on the desk with my arms by my side. The teacher thought I was taking the piss and sent me out of class.

Just a few years ago I was in a work meeting with some people from Virgin Mobile. We were going round the table introducing ourselves, names & roles etc and one of the guys from Virgin introduced himself as James Brown. At which point one of his colleagues did a little 'Heeey'. He just turned to him & said 'Paul, we've worked together for 3 years now. Have you not got bored of that yet?'

In primary school we had a Neil Armstrong, even the teachers would often say 'one small step for Neil' when seeing him near the stairs. Poor bloke.

In college there was a Kevin Keegan, he was a twat and funnily enough a Mag. I often wonder what goes through parents heads when they knowingly give their kids famous names, prone for abuse all of their lives.

Archived