Best WCW PPVs

fugaziuk

• Paid Members

Far from the best. Far from good, even, but a wonderfully septic and entertaining PPV.

Souled Out 2000 - It really just has to be seen to be believed.

Three matches featuring Billy Kidman, and a Cruiserweight match that doesn't feature Billy Kidman, and summed up everything that was wrong with WCW at that time.

Nash and Funk wadd'nt bad though.

Im a big fan of the 92/93 ppvs but haven't seen many of the nwo ones. I wasn't a fan of Starcade 97 - all that build up and the match didn't really deliver.

I have heard all the 00/01s ppvs aren't worth bothering with at all - surely there are some worth while matches on there?

Depends what your looking for. If your someone looking for workrate, they arn't if your wanting to see good wrestling as WWE had snapped up Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero by that point and Hart had been forced to retire. Lance Storm was probably the top technical guy they had.

If your looking for over the job unpredictability and stuff that doesn't really make alot of sense, its there in abundance. Mayhem 2000 has Steiner v Nash in a straight-jacket cage match, New Blood Rising has Lance Storm v Mike Awesome in Canadian Rules which becomes more and more ludicrous as it goes on.

Off the top of my head, good ones are Superbrawl VIII, Souled Out 99, Spring Stampede 99

Spring Stampede 1994 is a cracker, something for every taste in the mix there and shed loads of star power. Cactus/Payne V Nasty Boys, Steamboat V Flair, Austin V Muta, Rhodes V Bunkhouse Buck, Sting V Rude, Vader V The Boss, Regal V Pillman, Badd V Page... One of the few WCW shows I hunted down on VHS because I had to have it.

World War 3 - 1995 is a good WCW PPV. Particularly there is a great brawl between Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Big Bubba Rogers and a great women's match with Bull Nakano and Akira Hokuto v Mayumi Ozaki and Cutie Suzuki. The women's match particularly is way ahead of its time and still outclasses a lot of Divas matches today.

Archived