TUF Brazil 3 - Sonnen vs Wanderlei Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members
I've said my piece, Jimmy. I won't rise to the bait.

Other than to say, once again, FrontRowBollock is a massive twat. I get the impression Chael could rape FrontRow's nan in right before his and his family's eyes, and he'd still be behind him, licking his arse on each thrust.

No need to be that harsh to me Wand?! ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was just watching Dana's pre-fight scrum for tomorrow night's FOX show and, according to Dana, this Chael fight might well be Wanderlei's last. A reporter asked him and he said something like - "Yeah, I don't want to speak for Wanderlei, but I think he views this as his last.'

It would kind of add up. Wanderlei's been an ironman for fucking years. Had his first Muay Thai fight at 13 and fought pretty much non-stop for the next twenty years without any long layoffs until 2011 when he injured his knee. In the last few years he's started picking up more injuries and his fights are getting less and less regular as a result. This latest injury, he's been having problems with his back which has kept him sidelined since the Stann fight over a year ago. To make matters worse, Dana said that by getting into that fight with Chael in the TUF gym and getting taken down on the concrete, he ended up re-aggravating his back which is why the fight had to get pushed back from May to July. For a guy who went through about the first twenty years of his fight career without any real layoffs, his laundry list of injuries since 2011 has probably been a bit of a message to him that his time's nearly up. I think he's been thinking that way for a while. Hence why he was pushing for PPV points when talk of this Sonnen fight came up last year. Trying to get that one last big payday.

If it does end up being his final fight, it's a big one to go out on. But something tells me he'll at least end up having one more after this. I think if he were to beat Chael he definitely might retire on that. But if the fight goes how I expect it to, Chael via one way traffic, I just can't see Wand walking away and being content to let Chael brag forever that he 'retired' him.

I always said that if these two ever fought I couldn't see past Chael by dominant decision, and my opinion hasn't changed at all. So I can't see Wand retiring on that note. I think he'd push for one final fight in Japan or Brazil.

Just finished Ep7. Wanderlai is such a fucking thick knuckle-dragging moron.

Agreed.

The ease with which Chael took him down (wearing flip flops!) will be the story of the actual fight if it happens. I see a late stoppage or a complete schooling from Sonnen.

I hate to say it, but I'll be cheering on the bad guy!

• Paid Members

Fuck you all.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-29-at-12.19.05-AM.png

"Mudduhfuckkuhs"

But yeah, Chael will win in dominant fashion.

Dave - I might be losing the plot here but weren't you saying Wand would beat Chael before? I remember when talk of the fight really started heating up (maybe last summer when Chael did his little callout after beating Shogun) and I said Chael would most likely dominate Wand and you weren't having it. Fair enough if you've changed your mind and that.

At this point, the more I see of Wand on this TUF, he's coming off like the MMA version of the Iron Sheik. Just a rambling madman. I'm half expecting Nash to pop up with the story I love again - 'Hey, big jabroni. Stop and get the Heineken.' Wand's off his tits but I can't hate the man.

Dave - I might be losing the plot here but weren't you saying Wand would beat Chael before? I remember when talk of the fight really started heating up (maybe last summer when Chael did his little callout after beating Shogun) and I said Chael would most likely dominate Wand and you weren't having it. Fair enough if you've changed your mind and that.

I was under the impression that pretty much every MMA fighter on the planet knew what Sonnen's schtick was these days. In fact, if you watch the show you'll see when Wanderlei is threatening to not take part Sonnen pulls him to the side, explains that the shit-talking ends after the fight, and even said that he got his ass kicked by Anderson, meaning the Brazilian "good guy" and the fans got their "revenge" on the "evil" Sonnen.

He was basically trying to spell it out for Wand, but he wasn't having any of it.

I hoped that wand was simply playing up for the promotional aspect of the fight, but the more I see it the more I believe he's actually a fucking idiot. If he'd spent the show doing the evil stare, the menacing pacing up and down and suchlike then I'd believe he's playing along, but he's being made to look silly.

I fully expect him to get to the fight (if he takes it) and charge in like a mentalist, meaning he'll have around 5 seconds to catch Sonnen clean before he gets taken down and schooled.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived