THE PWA:UK THREAD

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

PWA:UK owner John Harding may have been shunned by TNA British Bootcamp, but it won't stop him reaching the next level in pro wrestling, in which he is documenting in his new YouTube series, The Next Level!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH. AROUND EIGHT MINUTES LONG

Includes footage of his bout with The UK Dominator, what really happened at TNA British Bootcamp, and John interacting with fans!

• 1 month later...

BIG NEWS!

Two former TNA World Champions are coming to Plymouth! It's Cowboy James Storm and Abyss! They will be facing whoever is the tag team champions (I guess they remembered they were doing a tag team tournament) on April 19th at the Plymouth Guildhall!

10953446_1034053096609274_74222974064159

They're also making an appearance at the first ever South West Wrestling Convention that day in the same building too!

• 3 weeks later...

The Plymouth Wrestling Alliance are on the road to the 6th Anniversary Show on April 19th, where James Storm and Abyss will make an appearance and wrestle! But before they get there, they had a show to do! And that show was held at their usual home at Stonehouse Creek Leisure Centre on February 22nd 2015!

At the last PWA show, John Harding, the lovable PWA:UK owner, was attacked viciously by The Cornish Caveman! They were supposed to have a bout the previous night in some place in Cornwall I don't remember. Sadly, John had just had surgery on his back, and couldn't wrestle. They really don't have luck with injuries and continuing storylines, do they?

Also on the show, popular ring announcer Terry Speller battled arch nemesis Johnny Sicko in an ECW style brawl, Joey Monore had a pissy fit at good friend Adira after losing to Sicko and Sierra, Danny Walsh competed for the PWA:UK title after being in a near fatal car crash days earlier, then fucking up his back even further, and Joey Ryan made an appearance!

Will these epic stories continue on at this show? Here is my review of the joint hottest promotion in the South West that isn't Pride Promotions!

Before the show, I was queuing up. I saw Terry Speller inside posing with a replica WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt. "Waaaaay I'm the champ!" he must have thought. But little did he know that outside, there was a lad who also was carrying a replica WWE World belt. Just staring at Speller with pure jealousy. "Mother fucker, I thought I was the cool one that spend over £250 on a championship belt!" his eyes said as he slowly caressed his belt like caressing the hair of a beautiful lady.

I sat next to a man who will go on to compete in the Special Olympics. He asked me a couple of questions during the show. Good luck in the Olympics bro! 

Terry Speller is the ring announcer. The other guy who works as a ring announcer is the ref because in John Harding's words, "he didn't turn up for whatever reason".

PWA:UK CHAMPIONSHIP NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP MATCH
Danny Walsh vs. Josh Knott

Josh Knott is now a heel, because he turned heel and joined up with Calum Cain and Tyler Hawke in Pride Promotions months ago. He's also in really fucking good shape now. Danny Walsh is developing some smashing curtains. He also looked like he hit the tanning salon.

Josh Knott is fucking amazing. His facial expressions were spot on. It makes me disgusted that he's not getting bookings with the likes of This Is Progress, PCW etc because he's that good. This was a good opener to start the show which ended with Danny knocking down an interfering Cain, and hitting the Pedigree for the pin! So it will be Danny competing for the title on the 6th anniversary show! He should win the belt this time. 

ADIRA vs. SIERRA

The big re-match between the two who have had a really weird rivalry. This was great. They smashed the fucking shit out of each other with elbow smashes which would make Mitsuharu Misawa smile and give a huge thumbs up with pride. If Adira won, she'd get Johnny Sicko at the 6th Anniversary show. 

Terry Speller and Sicko were in the same building! Could this spell trouble...the answer is no. They didn't even interact with each other throughout the night. I guess they must have talked things over during the Christmas holiday or something. Kind of like Bret and Owen did in 1993. That's what I am thinking anyway.

Adira won the match with a spear. This was the best woman's match I've seen live. Granted, I've only seen three, but this was the best out of the bunch. 

After the match, Johnny Sicko decided to treat his missus Sierra like shit, and pulled her by her hair. He then threw her into Adira, who speared her again. This is just the start to Sierra's crap night!

PWA:UK ALL COUNTIES TITLE MATCH
Johnny Sicko vs Jay Knox

Johnny Sicko was out again, and dragged his battered girlfriend out by her hair. I want to know what his theme music is, by the way.

The returning Jay Knox made his entrance. They were competing for the vacated All Counties title, which was the PWA:UK British title, but I guess they changed the name of the title. 

Sicko was making Sierra do his dirty work. She hit Knox with some really weak as fox piss slaps. Knox had enough and said "You want to hit me? I'll hit you back, you cow!" and slapped her. This made me really uncomfortable. The audience is full of kids. Are you telling them it's okay to hit women? Well, if they turn out to be little Chris Brown's, we know who to blame is. I would have just said "You hit like a girl LMFAO" to her, which is both sexist and would make me look cool.

Sicko hits the running knee on Knox for the win, and to become the new All Counties champion! Harding told him after the match that until he learns how to win clean, he won't be getting the belt. Or in other words, they don't have an All Counties belt made yet.

INTERMISSION

I didn't win the raffle AGAIN! The prizes were shit anyway. You won a cushion, a keyring and a signed photo. A young lad won. Some absolute fannies booed him. Twats.

PWA:UK TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The UK Dominator and PJ Jones vs. Wrestling Time

Wrestling Time are Ultimo Tiger and Darren Saviour! They are named after the cartoon Adventure Time, which I watched a few episodes at my cousin's house and didn't understand what the fuck was going on, or the appeal in it.

Before the match, a fan got off up his seat, and went to The UK Dominator's face. "RIGHT SAID FRED!" he chanted to him. Right to his face. Dominator, being the awesome guy he is, went nose to nose with the lad. The lad was still chanting "Right Said Fred". Then he shat himself and sat down. John Harding then went up to the fan and gave him a right bollocking. The fan looked like he was about to cry. I laughed. The thing is, that lad probably wasn't even born when Right Said Fred were releasing such classics as I'm Too Sexy, Dipply Deeply, and Don't Talk Just Kiss. He was probably in infants when You're My Mate came out though.

I think all four men have been watching The Young Bucks matches, because they were hitting some cool spots. This was easily the best match of the show, and I want Wrestling Time BACK IN THE PWA FOREVER. They were great. They lost here though. I can't remember how. But we have new tag team champions in PJ and Dom! 

After the bout, John Harding informed them they'll be facing Abyss and James Storm on April 19th! PJ Jones acted like he had just missed the love of his life at the airport after chasing after her.

SIMON HARDING vs. CALUM CAIN

Cain no longer comes out to Supersonic. Just some shit generic music. Booo! Before the match, Josh Knott attacked Simon Harding from behind. Cain wins the match. 

PWA:UK TITLE MATCH
EDDIE RYAN © vs. TYLER HAWKE

Both men looked like they have been to the tanning salon because they looked browner than a fence that had just been painted with a fresh coat of Ronseal.

This was a good main even, which Eddie won with a Superkick. And that was the end of the show. I thought it was an okay show!

I can't be arsed to go to the 6th Anniversary show though. The show finishes at 9.30pm and there's no fucking way I'm paying £18 for the taxi home. Nah mate. They also have a convention going on earlier in the day too where Abyss and James Storm will be, plus all the top South West wrestlers such as Ultimo Tiger, Darren Saviour and probably Chris Andrews too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And on that very show, the first match has been announced. TNA megastar Gunner has faced a lot of warriors in his time, but none more so than the loveable underdog "The Rocker" John Harding, who he will square off against at Wadebridge in Cornwall on July 26th!

The match was officially announced by PWA:UK Cornwall TERRY SPELLER~! He asked if "The Rocker" was ready to step up to the next level and defeat a former TNA TV Champion and Worldwide name in Gunner.

https://www.facebook.com/pwaonline/posts/1079594992055084

Meanwhile, "The Winner" PJ Jones was furious that he wasn't considered to be chosen to face Gunner, and had some harsh words to say about Harding.

https://www.facebook.com/pwaonline/posts/1079594992055084

After watching both videos, John Harding gives his thoughts and opinions on the whole situation, and also tells Rockstar Spud that one day, he will beat him for the TNA X-Division title!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIfSU-l-gZY

Will John Harding, after 15 years in the biz, finally reach the Next Level in the world of professional wrestling by defeating Gunner, or will Gunner continue his unbeaten streak in PWA:UK!? And what exactly will PJ Jones do?

11101130_1080701008611149_26001537525686

SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and PWA:UK had their 6th anniversary show last week. I didn't go because I ran the Plymouth Half Marathon and my legs felt like they got twatted by cricket bats, but Danny Walsh is now the PWA:UK Champion, Adira finally gets the girl as Sierra turned on Johnny Sicko, and James Storm and Abyss won their match against tag champions PJ Jones and The UK Dominator.

• 4 weeks later...

Things have gone weird since the 6th anniversary show, PWA:Cornwall is no longer, instead We have broken away from PWA and formed CPW or Cornish Pro Wrestling. 

Gunner is no longer on the show as well but former WWE superstar Carlito.

I run CPW totally with no help from PWA:UK 

which means you will finally get story telling and I hope better matches!

Our line up for the first show in Wadebridge on July 26th at Wadebridge School is:

Triple Threat Main Event:

PJ Jones vs. John Harding vs. Carlito

Tag Team Action:

The Magnums vs UK Dominator and ???????

"Brother vs. Brother" 

Sam Andrews vs. Chris "Shark" Andrews

Maximo Jr vs. ???????

Reaper vs. "Dancing Daddy" Bainsley 

We have a follow up show also in St Austell on August 30th 

Already confirmed is:

Woman's Match:

Dragonita vs. Heidi Katrina

Tag Team Match:

The Magnums vs. The Bristol Boyz

Also 

UK Dominator

PJ Jones

"Dancing Daddy" Bainsley 

Plus many more to come.

www.cornishprowrestling.co.uk 

Here is our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Cornishprowrestling

Or here is our blog: https://cornishprowrestling.wordpress.com/

Or if you want to buy tickets here is the link: www.cornishprowrestling.co.uk

We are now working with a Charity named Heidi's Quest which is a local registered charity in St Austell, Cornwall.

They raise money for poorly children either born with conditions or life threatening illnesses.

We do not just want to put on great show's to entertain but also raise money those that deserve it and Heidi's Quest is one of them.

• 4 months later...

Archived