Adam Rose - Next Big Thing *NXT spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Can't believe he's a heel with that entrance though, just hope if he gets called up and turns face

I'm 99.9% sure he's being presented as a face already. I can see how "OTT cocky rock star" could easily be a heel gimmick, but I don't think it is in Rose's case. He's having a laugh with people, deliberately doing comedy spots at his opponent's, not his own, expense, and most importantly, the announcers are loving him. They want to join the party, they're not sickened by it.

He could do with dying that hair blonde and tasseling up that outfit a bit more. He could be the perfect blend of HBK and Russell Brand. Needs to sort his in ring repertoire before he comes up as well although if your not gonna fling shit at the wall in NXT then what's the point. I'd love some hokey shit where Fandango brings his African cousin in and seeing them play off each other.

WWE have dropped the ball there, that entrance including the club was absolutely fucking brilliant. Drop that in completely cold on Raw and it would have got an enormous response and Twitter would have been going apeshit. Especially now, it's new enough that it won't have outgrown it's welcome and could justify giving him a Mania match. Spectacular though and only has the potential to get better. There's money in him.

I wonder if they're doing that gimmick because wm being in mardi gra city

That's got nothing to do with it. Kruger himself pushed to reinvent himself as Adam Rose (the whole gimmick is his own idea) because he felt his Leo Kruger gimmick was going nowhere and kept being overlooked for a main roster call up. He's been in developmental for 4 years and is nearly 35 - time is running out!

Put yourself in his shoes - he's been wrestling for 18 YEARS, since 1995. Since signing with WWE, he's seen the likes of Big E., Cesaro, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose all get signed after him and make it to the main roster before him. He needed to make a change to get himself noticed and jump start his career.

Really surprised people are wondering if he was supposed to be a heel or a babyface.

I really hope they fast track him to the main roster. It's not like he's new to NXT, they should know by now whether he's got it or he hasn't. If he hasn't they would have got rid of him. A few weeks more in NXT to get the gimmick down, then they bring him up hopefully!

Just bring him up and give him some daft storyline with Fandango where he wants Summer Rae to join his entourage or something, I miss daft little storylines like that, everyone used to slag Russo off for doing stupid shit with midcarders in the WWF and WCW but at least they were doing something, even if they were badly acted and didn't draw anything, at least it gives people a chance to show a bit of character

Archived