Adam Rose - Next Big Thing *NXT spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite bit isn't in that clip. "I don't think I could do that. I couldn't do that. If I tried . . yeah I could probably do that". Makes zero sense written out. He's South African accent is perfect for this role. Mr Crowe/Callihan on the decks!

To be a miserable bastard, I hate the entrance music. Generic sounding rip-off of that horrid Frattelis song. I'm sure they gave Cesaro the instrumental version in his FCW days. Could have done something original and far more catchy. He's isn't much cop in ring either. Loving the vignettes though.

• Paid Members

As great as this is (and it really is), quite a few of these gimmicks on NXT and the main show are blending in with each other slightly. Fandango, Tyler Breeze and Adam Rose all have similarities, throw in the dancing and you've got R-Truth, Xavier Woods, the Funkadactyls and Emma. Damien Sandow and Aiden English. I love that in development now they work hard at giving everyone a unique gimmick but I have no idea how you can fit in all this stuff with what's already on the main shows.

I hope they pull it off because the current top NXT guys joining the main roster over the rest of this year has amazing potential for the future.

• Paid Members
That was ace! Who is this guy? Sounded like he had a South African accent.

He was Leo Kruger in NXT- a creepy South African,I really liked him and his more subtle psychopathic gimmick, was a bit gutted when I read they were changing his gimmick.

Until I saw this, fantastic! God, I love NXT.

• Paid Members
Music wise he'd suit Leader Of The Gang, for some reason it was the first thing that came to mind when watching him walk to the ring. Shame there is no bloody chance of that song ever being used for anything ever again.

Americans still use Gary Glitter music, Rock & Roll Part 2 is always getting used in films ( and I think is still played at sports events)

As great as this is (and it really is), quite a few of these gimmicks on NXT and the main show are blending in with each other slightly. Fandango, Tyler Breeze and Adam Rose all have similarities, throw in the dancing and you've got R-Truth, Xavier Woods, the Funkadactyls and Emma. Damien Sandow and Aiden English. I love that in development now they work hard at giving everyone a unique gimmick but I have no idea how you can fit in all this stuff with what's already on the main shows.

I hope they pull it off because the current top NXT guys joining the main roster over the rest of this year has amazing potential for the future.

Yeah, yourself and a couple of others have beaten me to it. It has potential to be good, but there are too many dancing characters and it can descend into rubbish comedy segments. Lariat as a finish is an odd one. I know he does the whole 'choo choo' thing beforehand, and his character seems to be fun but vicious, but Lariat is a shit finish for him. I like his fllamboyant walk. I liked the entrance and vignette obviously, but I'm not going to hold my breath as he could just end up being 'that one with the entrance' like Fandango. Or Tyler Breeze. Or Brodus Clay.

• Paid Members

A while ago I noticed Tweets appearing in my timeline from @WWEAdamRose and I thought to myself 'who the fuck is this guy? I never followed him!?' I was genuinely confused about it until eventually I got a good look at him and realised it was a new gimmick (and Twitter account change) for Leo Kruger. Even then it took me a minute to recognise him. That Kruger gimmick was never going to fly on the main shows, but this looks great fun. It's great to see this kind of effort going into the character work.

Archived